Old 06-25-21, 08:00 PM   #676
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 241
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
22 ½ years prison.

Was this a fair sentence ? What do you think.

I think it was ok, Reason Whatever a criminal has done, they should be treated with some kind of respect(not the word I would use, but could not remember it)

Markus
There needs to be a retrial - there was clear jury tampering when one of the jurors admitted he was a BLM activist and perjured himself.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-21, 05:45 AM   #677
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

The concept of "fair sentence" is subjective.

Some may think it is too long and some may think it is too short.
Old 06-26-21, 06:06 AM   #678
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

The family will undoubtedly say too short because they felt thirty years was more appropriate.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-21, 07:12 AM   #679
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The family will undoubtedly say too short because they felt thirty years was more appropriate.
The "family" hadn't talked to their criminal relative in over 10 years before this.

The millions in settlement money paid by the city is guaranteed already wasted - his daughter will *never* see a dime.

Fact of the matter is that the cops did society a favor - guaranteed that Floyd was going to continue committing more crimes and it was just plain dumb luck that the pregnant woman he pointed a gun at during his previous crimes didn't get shot by him.
Old 06-26-21, 07:18 AM   #680
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
The "family" hadn't talked to their criminal relative in over 10 years before this.

The millions in settlement money paid by the city is guaranteed already wasted - his daughter will *never* see a dime.

Fact of the matter is that the cops did society a favor - guaranteed that Floyd was going to continue committing more crimes and it was just plain dumb luck that the pregnant woman he pointed a gun at during his previous crimes didn't get shot by him.

Exactly. The government is building statues to this animal and it reminds me of how the nazis took a thug like Horst Wessel and turned his death into a national spectacle. Our government is doing the same exact thing with George Floyd.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-21, 07:19 AM   #681
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Quote:

Some might say the above is a little harsh but either way, your entitled to your opinion.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-21, 07:59 AM   #682
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Some might say the above is a little harsh but either way, your entitled to your opinion.

Maybe it's harsh but it's the truth.

Old 06-26-21, 08:17 AM   #683
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Exactly. The government is building statues to this animal and it reminds me of how the nazis took a thug like Horst Wessel and turned his death into a national spectacle. Our government is doing the same exact thing with George Floyd.

Come ooon, you two -------- are so close! No need to beat around the bush, just say it!

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 06-26-21 at 08:21 AM. Reason: no namecalling
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-21, 08:28 AM   #684
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
22 ½ years prison.

Was this a fair sentence ? What do you think.

I think it was ok, Reason Whatever a criminal has done, they should be treated with some kind of respect(not the word I would use, but could not remember it)

Markus
I don't believe criminals are due any measure of respect but when a law enforcement officer has a suspect subdued and in restraints, they should not continue to use unnecessary force. Chauvin should have used some sense, the guy screwed up. He has to pay the price.
Old 06-26-21, 03:54 PM   #685
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The word I could not remember yesterday was decency-which a police should show a criminal during their arrest.

Read something interesting on a friends wall a few minutes ago.

He will be pardoned by Biden in about a year from now.

Made we wonder if Biden pardoned Chauvin-what about riots and other destructive demonstrations.

I don't think Chauvin will be pardoned, not for the next 4-5 year or so.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 05:31 AM   #686
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:

Markus

You might want to get smarter friends. He was convicted of a state crime.
Old 06-27-21, 05:51 AM   #687
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Come ooon, you two -------- are so close! No need to beat around the bush, just say it!
Say what? That George Floyd was just a bad person? That he shouldn't have purposely and knowingly been passing counterfeit money to get real money back in change to be able to pay his drug dealer? Or that when confronted by police he swallowed the drugs to hide them, causing a massive overdose that stopped his heart and respiratory abilities causing his own death?

Or that Marxist thugs have been burning looting and rioting using him as an excuse to do so? How many of the black people who own businesses that BLM and antifa destroyed do you think support them? Unfortunately, Minneapolis didn't have their own Rooftop Koreans but they had an ample number of leftists running government... Likewise Seattle and Portland and every other sh!thole run by Democrats...
Old 06-28-21, 04:54 AM   #688
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

I've been told that Coronavirus is so deadly and dangerous that the entire world had to change the way we live and interact.

I've also been told that, although George Floyd had Covid-19 when he died, it played no role in his death.

Old 06-28-21, 08:08 PM   #689
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
The word I could not remember yesterday was decency-which a police should show a criminal during their arrest.

Made we wonder if Biden pardoned Chauvin-what about riots and other destructive demonstrations.

I don't think Chauvin will be pardoned, not for the next 4-5 year or so.

Markus

I think if he is still in jail in 5 years he'll do the entire double dime or he will leave feet first.

Old 06-29-21, 09:50 AM   #690
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I think if he is still in jail in 5 years he'll do the entire double dime or he will leave feet first.
Platapus wrote:
"You might want to get smarter friends. He was convicted of a state crime"
So I made a search and found this wiki page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa..._United_States

Where I read following

"A pardon is an executive order granting clemency for a conviction. It may be granted "at any time" after the commission of the crime.
As per Justice Department regulations, convicted persons may only apply five or more years after their sentence has been completed.

However, the President's power to pardon is not restricted by any temporal constraints except that the crime must have been committed.

A pardon is an expression of the President's forgiveness and ordinarily is granted in recognition of the applicant's acceptance of responsibility for the crime and established good conduct for a significant period of time after conviction or completion of sentence. It does not signify innocence.

Its practical effect is the restoration of civil rights and statutory disabilities (e.g., firearm rights, occupational licensing) associated with a past criminal conviction.

In rarer cases, such as the pardon of Richard Nixon, a pardon can also halt criminal proceedings and prevent an indictment, though this has not been tested in court.

A reprieve is a temporary postponement of a punishment (refer to pardon/related concepts).
A commutation is the mitigation of the sentence of someone currently serving a sentence for a crime pursuant to a conviction, without cancelling the conviction itself"

And Platapus is correct

Limitation:
"Federal pardons issued by the president apply only to federal law; they do not apply to civil, state, or local offenses. Federal pardons also do not apply to cases of impeachment. Pardons for state crimes are handled by governors or a state pardon board.

One limitation to the president's power to grant pardons is "in cases of impeachment." This means that the president cannot use a pardon to stop an officeholder from being impeached, or to undo the effects of an impeachment and conviction."

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
police, riots