SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-29-20, 07:17 AM   #16
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 0

This tutorial is for ACM reloaded based on OLC gold
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 05:37 PM   #17
eriste
Swabbie

Downloads: 5

When I try to install the ARB WideGui 1920x1080 mod it says that it failed when i launch the TychoSh3Patch.bat, anyone know how to fix this?
eriste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 01:17 PM   #18
eriste
Swabbie

Downloads: 5

I was able to get my SH3.exe to patch but now when I launch the game I get a message saying "cannot initialize 3D engine."
eriste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 02:53 AM   #19
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi eriste set your screen resolution with your Gpu not just through your desktop display settings by clicking your right mouse button.
You have more resolution options using your Gpu Nvidia Control Panel or Amd Gpu Control Panel

Last edited by blackswan40; 05-03-20 at 04:22 AM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 07:34 PM   #20
zeshoot
Swabbie

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriste View Post
I've also tried activating a mod called Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg but JSGME freezes when ever i try to activate it.
hi there,
I've read that thread cause I've had a lot of issues lately with my SH3 setup.
I do run mods, quite few (You can check my setup under my post - SH3 Commander - save issue).
I did encountered similar issue as You. First of - Thomsen mod likes to 'freeze' JSGME for a good 20-30 seconds when activating for the first time. It's normal. It will pass and it will work fine.
As it goes with crashing and/or unable to boot the game - You want to have clean SH3 install. Then You install GWX megamod on that install.
After that You wanna to patch Your .exe with Hsie patch. Then copy/paste TychoPATCH and patch the same exec with it. Before You realise that Your stopwatch don't start when clicked (draggable Chrono, right side of the screen) You wanna download Chrono Patch and apply it as the last patch on Your .exec. Be sure to copy clean SH3.exe file into a neutral location (desktop for exampe). Then Your game should work perfectly. (worked for me, same/similar issue before I took above steps)
Mods -
You wanna then apply Thomsen at the top of any mods (first in line).
After that - when You add ARBwideGUI - I would suggest download and enable M.E.P v6 first. Then add ARB WideGui, then M.E.P v6 VisualSensors for GWX3 and (that's important) swap AI_Sensors.dat within MODS/M.E.P v6 VisualSensors for GWX3 with AI_Sensors_GWX.dat over already existing AI_Sensors.dat.
After that You wanna run Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME) as the last mod on Your list.
It works for me. I know that I have more mods but that was crucial to even run the game without any issues. Check my post for more details. Very important is to do it from the scratch.
Also, I saw people posting 'do 4gb patch'. Hsie has 4GB applied already. When You do all the steps correctly, You should see 1.61B version of game (or something like that).
Do it clean, SHIFT+DEL all folders, including My Documents profiles, settings. With all the steps You gonna have fuctional SH3 game, all the patches, 1920/1080 resolution applied and Thomsen MOD.
I know the struggle, I did reinstall my game like 8 times before I did it right and functional.
Good Luck Mate!
P.S
You can find every mod I use or the ones You wanna/need to use under my post. Just copy/paste names from my post in google and download them. Subsim is a very happy place for any uboot freak
Be sure to READ all the pdf/txt manuals so You won't f!@#k Your installation order. Take Your time, it will pay off. Happy huntin'

Last edited by zeshoot; 05-06-20 at 07:59 PM.
zeshoot is offline   Reply With Quote