SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-03-20, 09:30 AM   #271
chevyhd1986
Watch

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 0

First timer using ARB Widescreen, last night I stalked a merchant gather all my data on him by speed matching and slowly steering till I matched his course. I set up a great 90° shot and when I go to press the unlock tdc button on the tdc and set all my values for my eel it wont let me switch it to red so I can manually adjust the values. It wants you to id the ship with the rec manual and wants you to use the little clipboard menu to gather all data. Do you have to set up the tdc like this? Seems kind of gamey, I want to manually set up my tdc. Am I missing something or is this by design? I'm running NYGM super mod, I downloaded ThePrody's version of ARB for NYGM from his mediafire. I love this gui but if I cant unlock the tdc and manually set up my torpedoes by eyeing it I can't get into this gui.
chevyhd1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 10:00 AM   #272
RickSarg
A-ganger

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyhd1986 View Post
First timer using ARB Widescreen, last night I stalked a merchant gather all my data on him by speed matching and slowly steering till I matched his course. I set up a great 90° shot and when I go to press the unlock tdc button on the tdc and set all my values for my eel it wont let me switch it to red so I can manually adjust the values. It wants you to id the ship with the rec manual and wants you to use the little clipboard menu to gather all data. Do you have to set up the tdc like this? Seems kind of gamey, I want to manually set up my tdc. Am I missing something or is this by design? I'm running NYGM super mod, I downloaded ThePrody's version of ARB for NYGM from his mediafire. I love this gui but if I cant unlock the tdc and manually set up my torpedoes by eyeing it I can't get into this gui.
Have you tried clicking on the red/green light button in TDC?

Rick
RickSarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 10:04 AM   #273
chevyhd1986
Watch

Yes, that button is not working. Was wondering if there's something I need to do first to be able to press it. I know with the attack disc you need to click on the weapons officer tab and then hover over the top of the screen and then it will show up. Was wondering if there was something,similar with that tdc button
Old 07-03-20, 10:13 AM   #274
RickSarg
A-ganger

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyhd1986 View Post
Yes, that button is not working. Was wondering if there's something I need to do first to be able to press it. I know with the attack disc you need to click on the weapons officer tab and then hover over the top of the screen and then it will show up. Was wondering if there was something,similar with that tdc button
Try Ctrl+T

or Can you post a link to Prody's Mod and I will take a look at the commands file as I don't use his version.

Rick
RickSarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 10:27 AM   #275
chevyhd1986
Watch

I think I figured it out I was having a clash with another mod that must of overwritten something. I did some reordering and it seems too of solved the issue. Thanks for the help RickSarg
Old 07-06-20, 07:06 AM   #276
Nicolai
Watch

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccerman View Post
Hello guys! I keep getting the problem that the navigation map is split down the middle, and I have done everything that I could find in order to fix this. I do believe the problem is that I can't run the .batch file when I'm trying to patch the game. Every time i try it says either:

"'binpatch' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Fail.

Press any key to continue . . ."

or

"Offset out of range: 0xa5dc6

Fail.

Press any key to continue . . ."

This problem goes for every patch of fix that requires me running a batch file
Can anyone help me with this issue?
Hi Niccerman, did you ever manage to solve this? I am running into the same issues.

Regards,
Nicolai
Nicolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-20, 04:04 PM   #277
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Has anyone tried installing rudewarrior's Just Follow Orders! mod with this GUI?

Any recommendations on the changes to menu_1024_768.ini regarding the 6 templates added by the JFO Mod? Specifically the entries for x/y position and x/y pixel width/height (Pos=a, b, c, d)?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 05:04 AM   #278
taflad
Nub

Downloads: 57
Default Using arrow keys to move on map

Hi,

I have been playing with Magui for a while, then came across this gorgeous beast! I absolutely love it but have one slight problem...

In Magui, you can use the arrow keys to move the map when plotting courses etc. This saves from having to zoom out then zoom in again on a guestimated spot. I've tried the arrow keys wit this mod but it doesn't work. Am I missing something or is this not a feature for this mod?

Thanks!
taflad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 12:19 PM   #279
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

taflad!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 07:14 AM   #280
vudriga
Watch

Downloads: 308

Hello

I'm having a problem wit lag when I look at the map. Bridge, periscope, you name it, everything is 60 FPS, but the map lags, it goes from 60 fps to like 16 FPS when moving. What gives ?
vudriga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 04:01 PM   #281
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudriga View Post
Hello

I'm having a problem wit lag when I look at the map. Bridge, periscope, you name it, everything is 60 FPS, but the map lags, it goes from 60 fps to like 16 FPS when moving. What gives ?

I experience the same when moving the map around with high time compression rates... 256 is fine, but 512 and above cause that problem...

CapZap
Old 08-08-20, 01:12 AM   #282
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudriga View Post
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapZap1970 View Post
I experience the same when moving the map around with high time compression rates... 256 is fine, but 512 and above cause that problem...

CapZap
IMHO it’s the processor overcharged by calculating … the more you TC on nav map, the more your processor is stressed, furthermore when action is near by
Thousands of calculations X 1024 times … just imagine …
Even good I7 latest generation are overcharged (SH3 is not even optimized for those processors due to its age)
Not to say the more you TC, the more SH3 can be unstable and brings sides issues (like time & weather slipping off, planes never showing etc)
To realize the complexity, just open up a career patrol in your mission editor...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 12:15 PM   #283
lyciummusic
Nub

Downloads: 4

Greetings, for some reason I couldn't get this working. It is still 1024x768 and weird looking too. Tried multiple times, before and after-with and without hardcode fix to exe mod.

What am I doing wrong?

https://ibb.co/7zRyBFs
lyciummusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 12:27 PM   #284
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi lyciummusic are you setting your screen resolution through your desktop by right klicking or are you using your GPU to set your display

Last edited by blackswan40; 08-13-20 at 12:56 PM.
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 01:11 PM   #285
lyciummusic
Nub

Downloads: 4

Thanks for fast reply, blackswan40!

I was actually using windows desktop resolution but I also changed gpu software settings like the picture you sent, but there is no change.

However game works properly with high resolution 1920x1080 if I set my desktop to 1024x768 edit main.cfg to fulscreen.
lyciummusic is offline   Reply With Quote