SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-13, 05:02 PM   #1
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] Anschütz S2055 gyro compass

Gentlemen,

as a small contribution to the game, to the community, and especially to this forum i like to present a small GUI addon for those who use the big compass:

Anschütz S2055 gyro compass (click to download)

Compass U-505

Compass U-995

Anschütz S 2055 compass

Anschütz compass for SH3

This compass was used on german u-boats during the war. Personally, i use this modfication for years and it wasn´t that complicated to create it. However i didn´t find the time to finish a plublishable version of it. Up to now, i have only one version for the standard GWX-GUI though i use a reworked version for sale´s big simfeeling mod in LSH. I don´t know if the use of the standard GWX GUI is still very common or if other GUIs like makmans´s MaGUI Final (which already has a useful compass aboard) are usually used.

The graphics i used are from hitman´s and joegrundman´s great "KM Angriffscheibe" mod from 2007, the idea of the vernier disk comes from Anvart afaik, and latemail´s menu.ini tutorial was a great help. Thank you all for your great work. I did the least.

Design and layout are a 100% copy of the original compass:

-A fix outer ring with 360° relative bearing markings, numbers outside

-a rotating inner ring with 360° true bearing markings, numbers inside

-a readable mirrored true bearing ring,

- and finally the 10° true bearing ring, which was already realised by hitman in his U-505 compass mod 2009 an its decessor "hitman´s GUI" in 2010. With this Vernier disk, Hitman´s compass is 100 times more accurate then the original SH3 compass!!!

At the bottom of the outer bearing disk you´ll find an arrow tip at 180°. There you can read the counter relative bearing, I guess the same function of the second true bearing ring on the inner disk.

With this compass i can immediately order the correct heading towards a sighting of a merchant - or a evasive heading when my lookout discovers a destroyer...

Thus, this functionality replaces the ridiculous "heading to view" order. Now you can feel like a real kaleun and not a computer gamer hitting a button to get where you want. Have fun and enjoy!

Leitender, 15.09.13

Installation:

Folders are JSGME-ready. Just extract and copy into your MOD-Folder. Please see documentation folder. There is a 15 page description of the compass development in SH3 and how all the compasses work. ATM only in german language, maybe someone likes to translate - would be very appreciated.

This addon is only compatible with the "Stock" GWX GUI and will not work with any other GUI and any other big mod.
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote