SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-18-21, 07:54 AM   #1
rotten_apples
Swabbie

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default summer daylight hours

Hi guys

I've noticed something weird - playing SHIII with Grey Wolves mod, I'm patrolling around the canary islands mid July and getting sunrise (white light) around 11:30 AM local time and sun set (red light) around 1AM local time ... considering it's mid summer, it's pretty immersion breaking at these lattitudes. any ideas? Any thoughts or ideas? would think 7AM - 9PM daylight would be more accurate in this location for this time of year ...
rotten_apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-21, 08:28 AM   #2
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439

Ship clocks are set to German Legal Time and since you are a couple time zones away in the Canary Islands, the local time will be different than your ship clocks.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-21, 09:29 PM   #3
rotten_apples
Swabbie

Downloads: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
Ship clocks are set to German Legal Time and since you are a couple time zones away in the Canary Islands, the local time will be different than your ship clocks.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295
Thanks FUBAR. Through a little investigative work, I realise it must have been buggy from saving while submerged which I've heard is a no no. Rolling back to a previous save gives me much more in line day light hours saving submerged must have reset the clock or something - the only thing I can think of. I'm only operating an hour behind base time - Lorient.
rotten_apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 05:42 PM   #4
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Iirc from previous celestial navigation threads, the timezone border might also not be at the real life borders at multiples of 15 degrees (simplified) Instead they were between -7.5 and +7.5 degrees + multiples of 15 degrees. So, mind your actual distance to the Prime Meridian in relation to the clock.