SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-23-10, 11:55 AM   #16
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
I stopped using TDW's for the exact same reason basically. I use a modified version of reaper7's HiRes UI(modified because I helped him do some stuff making it, so I sort of customized some things). I find that it looks good, and will stay out of the way if you want it too, so you get the best of both worlds.
That completly had gone out of my head. With all the new changes still in the works never got round to incorporating your Modified Voice recognition .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 12:06 PM   #17
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413
Uploads: 0

Looks good
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 12:07 PM   #18
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
That completly had gone out of my head. With all the new changes still in the works never got round to incorporating your Modified Voice recognition .
I don't think I worked on voice recognition. Or did I, I can't remember exactly what all I worked on anymore

Anyway, reaper7, I know you don't take much time to actually play anymore, but what do you think about this mod of mine.......pretty cool right?

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 12:15 PM   #19
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Thanks for your work for trying making things nicer, but i have some problems using this mod...

...allready deleted the lights and interrior filter cfg files, but wont help.

...it seams to me my grafics card couldnt handle your new texture sizes, some of them are much much bigger as the original ones (ATI with 512MB).

I might renembering that the dev`s had sirious problems matching the games given requirements regarding a maximum video memory of 512mb, maybe its only a issue on my side.

Say would it be possible to have an optional version including original texture sizes, compression and format, whitch are inside the game given requirements ?

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 12:27 PM   #20
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
I don't think I worked on voice recognition. Or did I, I can't remember exactly what all I worked on anymore

Anyway, reaper7, I know you don't take much time to actually play anymore, but what do you think about this mod of mine.......pretty cool right?

Hmmm can't remember who sent the edited Skwasjer Voice recognition Mod (With Skwasjer Permission) to me - PM is gone from my Inbox too . Unless it was on the thread.

Love the Mod SteelViking, really makes walking about the interior worth it now .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 01:04 PM   #21
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Hi, if I install this over W_clears Env. Mod, will the lights.cfg files conflict (with the halo part of the Mod) and make my nights lighter again?

Or does your Mod take care of those issues?
Old 06-23-10, 01:07 PM   #22
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
Thanks for your work for trying making things nicer, but i have some problems using this mod...

...allready deleted the lights and interrior filter cfg files, but wont help.

...it seams to me my grafics card couldnt handle your new texture sizes, some of them are much much bigger as the original ones (ATI with 512MB).

I might renembering that the dev`s had sirious problems matching the games given requirements regarding a maximum video memory of 512mb, maybe its only a issue on my side.

Say would it be possible to have an optional version including original texture sizes, compression and format, whitch are inside the game given requirements ?
I am very sorry that you are having this problem. If you already deleted the lights.cfg from the mod, I have no idea what could be causing it other than your graphics card not liking the textures. I am afraid that I cannot put them back into the original compression, as compression tends to distort them, in other words all the hard work I did cleaning things up would go to waste if I compressed them. You could do me a big favor though. First, please run my mod without any others to make sure that it is mine causing the problem. And, then delete the textures one at a time until this effect stops happening. I might be able to modify one texture enough to stop it, but all of them would be way too much work. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 06-23-10, 01:10 PM   #23
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Hi, if I install this over W_clears Env. Mod, will the lights.cfg files conflict (with the halo part of the Mod) and make my nights lighter again?
No, in the first post I said that I made my mod be compatible with Env. I have worked on Env, so trust me, my mod will not change any environmental aspects.

Specifically, what I did was set all exterior values in the lights.cfg to equal Env 2.5, and then adjusted the interior lights to get the effect I was looking for.

Old 06-23-10, 01:26 PM   #24
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Excellent and Spot on

I must say, the Mods and their Makers of Sh5 are the cream of the crop for me at the moment. Seriously, if there are any awards this year for "Saving a Game" or anysuch thing, the Mods and their Makers definitely deserve this.
Old 06-23-10, 01:35 PM   #25
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Question, did you fiddle with the running/walking distances? I feel like I'm sprinting through the sub..
Old 06-23-10, 01:55 PM   #26
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Question, did you fiddle with the running/walking distances? I feel like I'm sprinting through the sub..
No, I did not touch any files anywhere near them. Are you sure that you did not load or unload the Adjusted Walking/Running mod, as it is the only mod that I know of that does anything about that?

Edit: I have an idea, and I hope you don't mind me asking, do you have an older graphics card/do you run at frame rates lower than 60 when inside? Because, all of the textures in stock are compressed, and I have found that leaving them decompressed not only makes things look better, but it also takes a bit of strain off of your system since they do not need the decompression step. Therefore, your fps may, I repeat may, have been increased by this mod.

Old 06-23-10, 02:15 PM   #27
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Hmmm.. I know that they don't decrease too much. However they do get choppy sometimes..

But I can tell my FPS is up because my mouse sensitivity seems to be alot better. Also, having CapsLock ON seemed to change that :s.. I though CapsLock Off mean Walk and On was Run..
Old 06-23-10, 02:19 PM   #28
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Hmmm.. I know that they don't decrease too much. However they do get choppy sometimes..

But I can tell my FPS is up because my mouse sensitivity seems to be alot better. Also, having CapsLock ON seemed to change that :s.. I though CapsLock Off mean Walk and On was Run..
I have messed my self up before because caps lock was on. For instance, when hurrying to get to the attack periscope, I have ran straight past the stinking ladder. That is cool that my mod might have boosted your fps. I don't want anyone thinking that it is a guaranteed boost, I am just saying it is possible.

Old 06-23-10, 02:32 PM   #29
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

haha same, I always miss the dam ladder

Anyways, thanks for the help The Mod is wonderfull
Old 06-23-10, 02:45 PM   #30
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
haha same, I always miss the dam ladder

Anyways, thanks for the help The Mod is wonderfull
You are more than welcome, and thanks, I am glad you think so.