Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

You can get a shed for anything these days
Old 06-06-21, 06:10 AM   #3542
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Goodall primate sheds.. "It's a baboon!" monkey-proof means it would even withstand my efforts

My wife even met Mrs. Jane Goodall twice, i suspect there's a connection to me

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 11:12 AM   #3543
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

I sometimes think even a movie scriptwriter wouldn't believe my life:

I was just sat in the ASDA car park for over an hour waiting for Moira and Lawrence, and although I'm still jittery about having the windows wound down with other people around it was so hot that I had little choice. I've learned how to keep away from people most of the time but here I am, listening to the radio, when just seconds before the other two return and I can make my getaway there's a vagrant at my car window (upwind) asking me for my spare change
Old 06-10-21, 11:42 AM   #3544
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon8 The mean streets of Frisco

Remember to be charitable now that U R a "desirable artist". I used to keep all my loose quarters in a small can on the passenger side of my patrol Corolla for parking meters in San Francisico. Since the meters now only use credit cards, I use the quarters to bribe any indigent sidewalk dwellers to not break into my wheels when on a call in the city: usually $2-3...cheaper than a broken window, such as happened one night on graveshift duty at my Appeals Court post! My Xmas gift for my captain was stolen out of the back seat! Whoever got it enjoyed Cutty Sark whisky in two engraved glasses!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 01:05 PM   #3545
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
I sometimes think even a movie scriptwriter wouldn't believe my life:

I was just sat in the ASDA car park for over an hour waiting for Moira and Lawrence, and although I'm still jittery about having the windows wound down with other people around it was so hot that I had little choice. I've learned how to keep away from people most of the time but here I am, listening to the radio, when just seconds before the other two return and I can make my getaway there's a vagrant at my car window (upwind) asking me for my spare change
I'm the same way and yes they can sneak up on you ... I had just finished eating a nice lunch of a Mexican taco plate that I couldn't finish (it was so big) at a nice restaurant (paid for by my pastor by the way) and as we were leaving the restaurant with the carry out doggie bag still in my hands a street person shows up before we could get in his car and asked for change. So I just gave him the whole thing (it was heavy too) and he said, "thanks".

A year later my pastor said to his church lets take up an offering for Mr Quatro. I was more than compensated with love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Remember to be charitable now that U R a "desirable artist". I used to keep all my loose quarters in a small can on the passenger side of my patrol Corolla for parking meters in San Francisico. Since the meters now only use credit cards, I use the quarters to bribe any indigent sidewalk dwellers to not break into my wheels when on a call in the city: usually $2-3...cheaper than a broken window, such as happened one night on graveshift duty at my Appeals Court post! My Xmas gift for my captain was stolen out of the back seat! Whoever got it enjoyed Cutty Sark whisky in two engraved glasses!
The Bible says that we should give to everyman that asks ... I've only encountered a few that ask for more than change or food.

The Bible also says that we should not forget to entertain strangers for some have entertained angels unawares.

Hebrews 13:2

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares"
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 11:01 AM   #3546
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

I prefer to give my 'spare change' to buskers, who I see as actually doing something to earn it, but also I didn't want this guy getting any nearer to me because of covid
Old 06-11-21, 11:10 AM   #3547
Kaye T. Bai
Samurai Navy

Location: Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Joined the Navy but had to get out after 2 months since the doctors there discovered a spinal condition that DQ'd me. Going to try to get back in after getting that sorted out.
Kaye T. Bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 11:16 AM   #3548
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye T. Bai View Post
Joined the Navy but had to get out after 2 months since the doctors there discovered a spinal condition that DQ'd me. Going to try to get back in after getting that sorted out.
Never give up ... it's worth it for you soul development
or achievement

Old 06-17-21, 01:02 PM   #3549
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

staying low and indoors today. Tempuratures R predicted at 104 F. for two days... and we're already into the California fire season already; but pretty well burned out already undergrowth-fuelwise from last year's infernos. EDIT:make that 109F. on my Corrolla's temp gauge!...and it's a "spare the air" day; so no BBQ tonight.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 06-17-21 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-23-21, 02:13 PM   #3550
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

This afternoon, out for a walk just 10 mins from the house, we were greeted by this. I've never seen a field full of poppies before... only in magazine photos. The bank yonder is alongside the Haven, which empties into The Wash about a mile further on

Old 06-23-21, 04:16 PM   #3551
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
In Haven's field she lies; a languorous Helner to your photographic MacCrae; Magpies still bravely squawking, fly; She does not sleep; though poppies grow; My petty rondeux; without refrain!

Last edited by Aktungbby; 06-23-21 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-23-21, 07:03 PM   #3552
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

^ Aktung the poet
or achievement

Old 07-17-21, 12:39 PM   #3553
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Icon9 Tis the season: global warming in both cases!

Watching 1946 movie: Danger Green with Trevor Howard on TCM channel over my coffee, crumpet and today's W.S.J. I'm glad I'm not in Germany at the moment: <Flooding in Rhein-Erft. Some homes in Germany have collapsed or were severely damaged by the flooding. California could use all that water just now https://www.wsj.com/articles/floods-...rs-11626427590 Currently the Dixie Fire near the devasting Paradise Fire that killed 85 three years ago, is underway. Napa has sent crews to help out : God is a comedian; no asteroid for us dinosaurs this time. Our own stupidity, overpopulation and global warming will get the job done this time....

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-17-21 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-17-21, 01:35 PM   #3554
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

I've been sprucing up the outside of the house in this fine weather. The thing is, I hate going up the ladder to the top. But I'm thinking maybe if I have a couple of pints of lager first it won't bother me so much
Old 07-17-21, 01:52 PM   #3555
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
I've been sprucing up the outside of the house in this fine weather. The thing is, I hate going up the ladder to the top. But I'm thinking maybe if I have a couple of pints of lager first it won't bother me so much
Just make sure you keep yer head covered in all this sun

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote