SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-02-20, 04:04 PM   #1
chevelle505
Sailor man

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0
Default Quick Question about crew

Just curious, since the Sleepless mod no longer works in B128,Ive been off my game as far as making sure they make it to the bunk in time for sleep. Ends up to where they just stop working and stand around saying its time for a break. Problem is I cant select them to send them to the officers bunk for sleep. so they wont work and they wont go to bed, What the heck??? How do I fix this?
chevelle505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-20, 01:01 PM   #2
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle505 View Post
Just curious, since the Sleepless mod no longer works in B128,Ive been off my game as far as making sure they make it to the bunk in time for sleep. Ends up to where they just stop working and stand around saying its time for a break. Problem is I cant select them to send them to the officers bunk for sleep. so they wont work and they wont go to bed, What the heck??? How do I fix this?
I think the problem is that there are more officers than there are bunks. The game, by default. is meant to "hot rack" these officers, they will stand around saying its time for a break if their rest event was triggered at a time when all bunks are otherwise occupied.

I have found the best way to work around this is have officers as follows

1. Skipper
2. Leader
3. Leader
4. Engineer
5. Engineer
6. Sonar / radio
7. Sonar / Radio

i manage the schedules so that all the even numbers officers are on duty while all the odd numbers are off duty and vice versa. if it works right, the officer OFF dity should be reporting on right around the time the officer that is On duty is reporting off. if planned perfectly, the bunks should constantly be rotated to the next tired officer.

Additionally, i keep a damn good stock of coffee on hand, perhaps all but two of my storage cabinet spaces are filled with coffee