SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-11-20, 11:37 AM   #61
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanahmed1979 View Post
Thank you for your reply.

I already have steam and my steam games are spread over three different drives and three different Steam Games folders. So I won't install it in C: drive altogether. But the UAC, isn't that going interfere even on a seperate physical drive/SSD too?

About the eye candy part, I really don't know what any of these mods do. So what I wanted to ask was: Is there any mod included in The Berbsters pack that does improve textures or anything related to graphics?
The UAC only affects what Windows considers as "System", so the Program Files folders and the Windows and all all sub-folders, but also your Documents folders to an extent. Neither Silent Hunter nor JSGME, having been written to the Windows XP standard, are "authorized" by Windows Vista and later to alter the "protected" files, which any changes to certain files (ie: "cfg") are then rolled back by the Windows system to their previous state. If you use Windows to "move" the "Program Files" folder, as you can the Documents folder, on some Windows installs, the answer is then yes, the UAC protection follows them. However, if you create the "root" folder, then Windows leaves them alone.

THEBERBSTER's mod is a re-mix of Webster's Game Fixes Only (GFO), but THEBERBSTER does include "Real Environment" as part of his mix, along with the "GFO patch" for it. All you have to do is follow his install instructions, noting that the mods are numbered in the order of install, but that you can skip parts (usually) if so desired. The game was written for a 1024x768 system during the XP days, but as "antiquated" and "legacy" as Windows might consider it, it actually still does rather well for its age. Just don't expect miracles of course...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 11:46 AM   #62
irfanahmed1979
Sailor man

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The UAC only affects what Windows considers as "System", so the Program Files folders and the Windows and all all sub-folders, but also your Documents folders to an extent. Neither Silent Hunter nor JSGME, having been written to the Windows XP standard, are "authorized" by Windows Vista and later to alter the "protected" files, which any changes to certain files (ie: "cfg") are then rolled back by the Windows system to their previous state. If you use Windows to "move" the "Program Files" folder, as you can the Documents folder, on some Windows installs, the answer is then yes, the UAC protection follows them. However, if you create the "root" folder, then Windows leaves them alone.

THEBERBSTER's mod is a re-mix of Webster's Game Fixes Only (GFO), but THEBERBSTER does include "Real Environment" as part of his mix, along with the "GFO patch" for it. All you have to do is follow his install instructions, noting that the mods are numbered in the order of install, but that you can skip parts (usually) if so desired. The game was written for a 1024x768 system during the XP days, but as "antiquated" and "legacy" as Windows might consider it, it actually still does rather well for its age. Just don't expect miracles of course...
Thanks a lot propbeanie. That answers my questions.
irfanahmed1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 12:04 PM   #63
irfanahmed1979
Sailor man

Just discovered the Dark Waters mod. Can it be installed along with The Berbster's mod?
Old 04-11-20, 12:24 PM   #64
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi i
You will need 2 separate installations to do that.
Peter

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 12:57 PM   #65
irfanahmed1979
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi i
You will need 2 separate installations to do that.
Peter
Thank you. So you mean one installation with The Berbsters mod and the other with the Dark waters mod?
Old 04-11-20, 01:24 PM   #66
THEBERBSTER

Hi i
Yes, you will need to use MultiSH4 as they need their individual saved games folders.
Just make 2 copiesy of the stock game and rename them
The original is your master the other 2 are copies. Peter

MulitiSH4 by Potoroo

Add LAA to each game
Large Adress Aware (LAA) Easy Install > Pictorial

Peter
Old 04-12-20, 09:56 AM   #67
irfanahmed1979
Sailor man

Icon14

Thanks for the support. My SH4 with The Berbsters mod is running fine so far. Just wanted to ask: Are webster's improved US torpedoes V1,2 & 3 included in The Berbsters or will need to download and install myself?
Old 04-24-20, 07:48 PM   #68
MDRipley
Sub Jockey

Downloads: 158
Default Thanks you for this great mod selection

Thank You THEBERBSTER for this mega mod collection I am playing it on WIN 10 zero problems so far

MDRipley
MDRipley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 08:01 PM   #69
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

MDRipley! after a 15 year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-20, 05:24 AM   #70
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > MDRipley
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Glad you are enjoying my compilation.
Highly recommended SH4 mega mods FOTRSU and Dark Waters

Old 05-14-20, 10:40 AM   #71
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

MattWll!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 11:25 AM   #72
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > MattWll
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Old 01-26-22, 06:16 PM   #73
USS CUTTHROAT SS-365
Watch

Downloads: 11
Default THEBERBSTER Beginner Mega Mod Installation...

As this is the first time I've ever installed Mods into this Sim, I found the Installation to be quite straightforward, and quite painless! The LAA Mod really makes a difference in the performance of the Sim; things load quickly and the Graphics are very good.

Alan
USS CUTTHROAT SS-365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 10:15 PM   #74
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > MDRipley

Glad you are enjoying my compilation.
Highly recommended SH4 mega mods FOTRSU and Dark Waters

Hey Berbster;
As you can see I've been part of the subsim community on and off since 2003.
First found them when I was getting into the first Silent Hunter, Destroyer Command and Jane's 688i.
Can't wait for the new Destroyer Command game to come out.
Anyway I thought the FOTRS Ultimate MOD included everything.
How would you load both the FOTRS and Dark Waters MOD together?

I am currently running a clean install of SH4 V1.5 with U-Boat Missions.
It is a Steam download. I was have a mother of a time getting the game to run on Windows 10. Game kept starting intros and then would go to black screen and I would have to CTL-ALT-DELETE and reboot the computer to get it back on. This went on for over a week. Finally I found an article regarding issues with Direct X and a couple of .dll files. All I had to do was copy (2) .dll files from the documents file over to the game file and it worked fine. I posted the fix in the forums on both Subsim and on Steam hoping it helps more people so they can keep the community going.

I have actually (3) separate versions of the game. The original box DVD game from when it first came out.
Then I downloaded the U-boat add on missions from Amazon back in 2014.
I then downloaded the Gold Edition which is the V1.5 with U-boat missions in the same download back in 2019 when I was working a job out of town.
I have been getting some "banner" error messages when downloading the Gold Edition from Amazon. That's why I decided to download the Steam version and try it out. They were offering a $2.49 for the original and $2.49 for the U-boat upgrade for the memorial day weekend. For $5.00 to give it a try I said what the hell.
Anyway as I've been posting in the other threads I don't want to mess with the Steam setup just yet in the event that I start having problems getting the FOTRS and any other MODs running properly. Would like to have something to go to in the meantime.

Some of the post in the threads about getting starting modding just start throwing directions and suggestions at you without actually instructing you on how to start setting up.
Do you download a clean version to a separate file first?
Do you download the MultiSH4 first if so where does it go, etc..
What exactly is the LAA file and what does it do?

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote