SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-06-11, 05:57 AM   #346
kibeldede
Torpedoman

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0

hang on Lipud. your chinese U47???
kibeldede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-11, 12:19 AM   #347
krashkart
Navy Seal

Downloads: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibeldede View Post
hang on Lipud. your chinese U47???

I might be mistaken, but I think he's saying that he hasn't been in contact with Chinese U-47 in awhile.

Lipud U-107, please forgive me if I have misinterpreted.
Old 03-07-11, 04:55 PM   #348
Lipud U-107
Ensign

Downloads: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by krashkart View Post
I might be mistaken, but I think he's saying that he hasn't been in contact with Chinese U-47 in awhile.

Lipud U-107, please forgive me if I have misinterpreted.

hmmm it's very difficult to Chinese U-47 long ago to log onto a sub sim, the total was WO3.3 this may mean that the ongoing work on the WSM 3.0 <IJN, UK, MN, USS, and may others.
I hope so and please do not hang me

Last edited by Lipud U-107; 03-07-11 at 06:00 PM.
Lipud U-107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-11, 05:25 PM   #349
krashkart
Navy Seal

Downloads: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipud U-107 View Post
hmmm it's very difficult to Chinese U-47 long ago to log onto a sub sim, the total was WO3.3 this may mean that the ongoing work on the WSM 3.0 <IJN, UK, MN, SAA, and may others.
I hope so and please do not hang me

No worries, mate. We will not hang you.

I hope Chinese U-47 is safe and in good health.
Old 03-07-11, 06:04 PM   #350
Lipud U-107
Ensign

Downloads: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by krashkart View Post
No worries, mate. We will not hang you.

I hope Chinese U-47 is safe and in good health.

thanks you krashkart and good luck and good hunt
Old 03-10-11, 12:29 AM   #351
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313

Quote:
Hi, has anyone managed to get WO3.3C1 loaded & working? If so, any info would be great, question though, does it run alongside GWX3 or is this a vanilla only mod? I downloaded but have tried to install ontop of GWX & only manage CTD's.
The mod is for GWX 3.0(I don't know if it works with the stock SH3 but I don't think so).
Regarding the crashes that you have experienced they are related to the fact that some parts of some files are written in Chinese language.This means that,if you are using a computer in which the default writing uses latin printings,the words in Chinese language will be seen by your computer(and by SH3)as simbols instead of printings.
To give you an example and to show you clearly what I mean here there's a little example,taken from the Chinese 47 mod.This is written in Chinese language and this is how it looks like on my computer if I look at it.
Inside the mod(WO3.3C1) there are some folders for the various resolutions fixes.This is how it looks the name of the folder on my pc:
-1280x1024分辨力补丁
The squares beside the numbers are Chinese letters(don't ask me what letters are no idea)but due to the fact that my pc uses latin letters,they are incorrectly displayed.
Remember that these squares are not recognized by SH3 also.This means that SH3 will not consider at all this folder(the one of the example).
How to solve the problem?In this example is quite simply...
Rename the folder something like "1280x1024 Resolution Fix (just an example) and that should do the trick to let your "latin" version of SH3 recognize the folder.
This was a very simple example to give you an idea of what is causing the problem.Immagine what happens if,for example,this occour in a .CFG file...this is what causes the game's crashes that you have experienced.
So,before enabling the mod(WO3.3C1),check ALL the files inside it and if you find a file written in "simbols" re-write it correctly using "latin" letters.
Sorry for my English but I'm not mother tongue so I've tried to explain it as best as I can.
I hope it could be of help to solve the CTD problems!

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 03-10-11 at 12:43 AM.
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 11:14 AM   #352
Big D
Nub

Downloads: 9
Default Warship Mods - NO GUNS!!!

Hi guys,

I am completely new to this modding thing - I checked out mods for SH3, see a few videos on Warship mod on you tube..... thought great, got the GWX download and have finally figured out how to get the warship mod to work.

My only problem is I have no main guns - I can select the light and heavy flak for say the Deutschland, and the main guns are there, but when I sail it doesn't give me an option.

I played around with the Delta Renown to give me loads so I could buy other ships, but each and every time there are no guns - literally, the external view shows me a big ass battleship with no gun turrets!!!! I am sure there is a simple solution for this, I am not very good with computers but love playing games...

Please help!
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 11:42 AM   #353
Herr Trigger
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 191

Attn. Viktor Prien,
Hi, Thanks for your response, I'd already tried renaming, not installing files written in Chinese etc. without success, no worries, I'm at the moment running surface vessels in SH4 so it's no problem.
Thanks again anyway,
Regards,
H.T.
Herr Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-11, 01:37 PM   #354
Big D
Nub

Downloads: 9

Right, I have managed to get my guns working. Am thoroughly enjoying the game. Any one have any good suggestions what other mods I can use with this game? At present just have the basic FeI or whatever its called running with JSGME. Also, are there other mods which have battleships too and not just the German ones? Any answers appreciated...
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 06:56 PM   #355
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

Hello. I got a virus warning from Kaspersky with the warship mod. Am I the only one?

Please could someone check his copy and confirm?

Sorry for poor english.

I get the message with different files from different download locations.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Echolot.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 07:04 PM   #356
u-969
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arael View Post
The Admiral Hipper has an issue with the throttle. If I bring it to a stop, it won't start moving again unless I shift it to slow reverse before shifting to forward movement.
Did you take the handbrake off?

@ Chiese, thank you for a great mod. i'm having so much fun with it. are you planing to do more with it? or is it complet?

Last edited by u-969; 03-26-11 at 07:14 PM.
u-969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 09:46 AM   #357
kibeldede
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Talon View Post
Hey! Does anyone know where is that main theme of this mod from? That music that plays in the menu? I just heard it from a nature document-TV-show.
i can answer that for you! My name is Lincoln from The Island soundtrack
Old 03-27-11, 12:44 PM   #358
u-969
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Talon View Post
This is ridiculous. Bismarck vs 4 battleships and 10 destroyers.
3 battleships sunk (Rodney, Hood, Renown)
1 battleship heavily damaged (Nelson)
7 destroyers sunk

GODDAMMIT THEY CANT HIT ANYTHING! I MEAN 4 BATTLESHIPS AND A PACK OF DESTROYERS AGAINST A SINGLE BATTLESHIP? I DIDN'T TAKE ALMOST ANY HITS AND I WOULD HAVE SUNKEN THEM ALL BUT MY AMMO RUN OUT.
YOU MUST FIX THIS BUG IN 3.1

Sorry for the caps lock (cock slap).
Yes i noticed this too, i think its in the GWX mod, if you play the GWX-Bismark breakout mission you can see it there clearly, Bismark will put down Hood and Prince Of Wales in a matter of minutes, which is true to real life, that actually happened

but in the game she will go on to destroy an almost infinite amount of destroyers and cruisers without any help from you. whats more she will take 100's of hits and suffer no real damage, again this seems true to real life as she later engaged Rodney, KGV and Ark Royal, possibly Nelson as well in a fight to the deaf, the British ships pounded Bismark until they ran out of ammo, mostly at point blank range as they found there guns were just not getting through Bismarks amour, quite amazing really.

Tirpitz is the same in the GWX mod, i think these historical facts got the programmers a little over exited when it came to the two fat H-38??? battle wagons. there indestructible in the game.

While both these ships proved there metal in reality, and the multi layered, all welded protection design 'was' second to none, as was the strength of the actual amour... i do think GWX have it blown out of proportion, they were not 'completely' indestructible. and its no fun when your enemy don't stand a chance, especially when there crews all seem cross eyed, yeah. to me bismarks amour needs to be wound back and the enamy guners need to be better.

Last edited by u-969; 03-27-11 at 08:02 PM.
u-969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 04:57 AM   #359
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

at least if yamashiro or kongo was playble for sh3 i mean and if yes what kind of sub you shoud take...
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 10:43 AM   #360
kibeldede
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthos View Post
at least if yamashiro or kongo was playble for sh3 i mean and if yes what kind of sub you shoud take...
yes, such a shame U-47 isn't around to do this. i think he's given up on things. he is part of a communist country ya know.