SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-01-16, 04:52 PM   #361
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecki Stafman View Post
Hi,

i have Win 8.1 and MaMas fix with "real time" doesn't work.
No mods installed, and the original game didn't start the osi.exe
It only starts, when I start silent hunter with administrator mode, and osi.exe have adminstrator-mode.
But after that, it doesnt matter, if I set priority to real time or high or anything else. Nothing works.
don't play the vanilla version of the game it's unplayable !!!!!
u must run SH5.exe as administrator always !!!!!
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 05:17 PM   #362
Hecki Stafman
Seaman

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
don't play the vanilla version of the game it's unplayable !!!!!
u must run SH5.exe as administrator always !!!!!
I will try to install the mega mod.
But in this kind my fingers are all thumbs.
Hecki Stafman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 10:00 PM   #363
Hecki Stafman
Seaman

Ok, I just get the mod installed. But it is really complicated to understand o.O
Btw: I found this Lets Play-Videos and here he do not have this bug o.O
Seems, that the bug is just, when you save on patrol and quit.
He takes the missions several times, and it seems that it works, while he is often off patrol.

*edit* For a silent hunter beginner - like me - it is very hard to understand how to install and use mods.
I don't wanted to install mods, until I know the strengths and weaknesses of the game.
Maybe it is bugged as hell, but I accept it in the beginning playing silent hunter.
If I know the game nearly complete I can go on to install mods and take a look what is a good mod for me.

Last edited by Hecki Stafman; 01-01-16 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-02-16, 04:14 AM   #364
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Ok, I just get the mod installed. But it is really complicated to understand o.O
He takes the missions several times, and it seems that it works, while he is often off patrol.

*edit* For a silent hunter beginner - like me - it is very hard to understand how to install and use mods.
I don't wanted to install mods, until I know the strengths and weaknesses of the game.
Maybe it is bugged as hell, but I accept it in the beginning playing silent hunter.
If I know the game nearly complete I can go on to install mods and take a look what is a good mod for me.
take a look at
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 05:00 AM   #365
Hecki Stafman
Seaman

How I said, it is already installed:
Quote:
before wroting
Quote:
He takes the missions several times, and it seems that it works, while he is often off patrol
Old 03-03-16, 05:24 PM   #366
MaMa
Bosun

Downloads: 108

For everyone searching a new solution to this bug. Take a look at this thread :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222470

Post #94, new fix for tonnage bug/campaign transition. Finally a fix to be done once and never more to make the game run properly.

Still waiting for more confirmations but at the moment positive response under Win7/8/10 !
MaMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-16, 12:47 PM   #367
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254

Mine accepted realtime for OSI.EXE. I had to tick "show processes for all users" first. . Otherwise I got access denied. Also my oci.exe didn t show in list at all unless I ran uplay as administrator too.
I know theres a new fix, but I like this one if it works.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-16, 01:56 PM   #368
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114

Whichever app you start first is the one that has to run as administrator. So if you start SH5 via the SH5 icon (assuming Uplay isn't running already), SH5 will then start Uplay and spawn OSI.exe as administrator. If you start via Uplay, then it'll run the subsequent items as administrator. The same follows for if you start SH5 via KSD Commander as administrator, again provided something isn't already running.

Currently - SH5 TWoS
- SH3 GWX + MaGui and more
- SH3 LSH 2015 + Ahnenerbe's Gui
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-16, 03:33 AM   #369
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege00 View Post
Whichever app you start first is the one that has to run as administrator. So if you start SH5 via the SH5 icon (assuming Uplay isn't running already), SH5 will then start Uplay and spawn OSI.exe as administrator. If you start via Uplay, then it'll run the subsequent items as administrator. The same follows for if you start SH5 via KSD Commander as administrator, again provided something isn't already running.
Thx a lot for info Appreciated
So Its not really needed to set OCI.EXE to run as administrator then?If I understand: "then it'll run the subsequent items as administrator" right.Not that it matters but I like to understand just a bit of this.

I can add that I did not see OXI.EXE at all if I didn t run uplay as administrator. That makes sense to me at least, but I don t think it was mentioned I HAD to run wichever startup as administrator except I think it was said as a general rule elsewhere.

Someone said we should start game through uplay too. Can it really matter?
I will try out KSD commander, but we have to start game through KSD then?
Also curious whether it matters if we are online or offline in Uplay while we play. There was some back and forth about that, but that must be like 3 yrs ago . Dont remember any conclusion.
Old 03-13-16, 12:32 PM   #370
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husksubsky View Post
Thx a lot for info Appreciated
So Its not really needed to set OCI.EXE to run as administrator then?If I understand: "then it'll run the subsequent items as administrator" right.Not that it matters but I like to understand just a bit of this.
I haven't tried it that way since one of the first instructions of the fix was to set OSI to run an admin, but yes, if you run anything as administrator, all subsequent processes should spawn in that context. Of course there's a way within code to override that but developers only override user context when necessary.

Quote:
I can add that I did not see OXI.EXE at all if I didn t run uplay as administrator. That makes sense to me at least, but I don t think it was mentioned I HAD to run wichever startup as administrator except I think it was said as a general rule elsewhere.
OSI will fail to run if the exe is marked as "Run as administrator" but the spawning process isn't started as administrator. The spawning process won't have the permission to run the subsequent process and you'll likely get an error about Internet connection being down if you try to play a campaign. This happened to me.

Quote:
Someone said we should start game through uplay too. Can it really matter?
I rarely ever start the game via Uplay. Wish there was a hack to get rid of it altogether. lol. There may be some reason to do so, so I don't want to disagree with any prior posts on the subject, but from my experience it has made no difference. It's possible though that this could be specific to how I have the game set up.

I also turned off game save syncing. I still get the message in-game, but my files are not duplicated to Uplay directory or cloud.

Quote:
I will try out KSD commander, but we have to start game through KSD then?
Also curious whether it matters if we are online or offline in Uplay while we play. There was some back and forth about that, but that must be like 3 yrs ago . Dont remember any conclusion.
It's not required to start the game through KSD Commander, but doing so will keep your KSD commander information in sync. I believe I read that on the KSD forum. You can still sync it manually through KSD Commander, but starting if from KSD Commander makes it so you don't have to. I really enjoy KSD Commander.

Also, doesn't matter, again from my experience, whether you are online / offline for Uplay.

You're very welcome Kaleun. Gute Jagd!

Currently - SH5 TWoS
- SH3 GWX + MaGui and more
- SH3 LSH 2015 + Ahnenerbe's Gui
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-16, 04:47 AM   #371
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege00 View Post
I haven't tried it that way since one of the first instructions of the fix was to set OSI to run an admin, but yes, if you run anything as administrator, all subsequent processes should spawn in that context. Of course there's a way within code to override that but developers only override user context when necessary.

OSI will fail to run if the exe is marked as "Run as administrator" but the spawning process isn't started as administrator. The spawning process won't have the permission to run the subsequent process and you'll likely get an error about Internet connection being down if you try to play a campaign. This happened to me.

I rarely ever start the game via Uplay. Wish there was a hack to get rid of it altogether. lol. There may be some reason to do so, so I don't want to disagree with any prior posts on the subject, but from my experience it has made no difference. It's possible though that this could be specific to how I have the game set up.

I also turned off game save syncing. I still get the message in-game, but my files are not duplicated to Uplay directory or cloud.

It's not required to start the game through KSD Commander, but doing so will keep your KSD commander information in sync. I believe I read that on the KSD forum. You can still sync it manually through KSD Commander, but starting if from KSD Commander makes it so you don't have to. I really enjoy KSD Commander.

Also, doesn't matter, again from my experience, whether you are online / offline for Uplay.

You're very welcome Kaleun. Gute Jagd!
Thank you so much. My KSD just crashes when I click the exe. Must be doing something wrong. I should reread KSD thread I just skimmed it.
Anyway its more important to have the core game work properly.
I try to use DBGview now to see if I see those files MAMA highlighted, but not sure what I m doing. You know if I need set debugscript =yes in main cfg?mean remove the ";" in front. I try find some "how to " with the viewer.
Old 03-14-16, 07:07 AM   #372
Husksubsky
XO

experimented with DBGVIEW.
After reloadin like 20 times 5 of them was corrupted and rest good with the parameters Mama showed. Same gamesave could sometimes appear corrupted and other times appear ok. So maybe the loadprocess is messing then?
I start my games with checking Dbgview now even the first bunkersave. Anyway I can check that without alt tab?

Last edited by Husksubsky; 03-16-16 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-06-16, 10:29 AM   #373
Cthulhus
Planesman

Downloads: 136

Hello

I try to reproduce this, but I don't have any OSI.exe on my window's Task Manager.

I set it with Run as Administrator on the indicated folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data\3\osis\13\OSI.exe)

Launch the game, wait for the main menu. And then, press CTRL+ALT+SUPP to display the Task Manager. On that list, no OSI at all...

What's wrong ?

Thanks!
Old 01-16-17, 03:50 PM   #374
Toby-Jazz
Nub

Downloads: 71

Hi Guys.
Since there was a LOT of pages on here to go through I thought I will give my input whether or not it was stated already - incase anyone is still playing SH5 that is -

I fixed a tonnage not showing manually by watching the progress of tonnage sunk through the captain's log and then changing the values in the campaign.cfg files in the Documents\SH5 folders\data\users\'campaign name'\'campaign start date'
and the campaign.cfg files in the Documents\SH5 folders\data\cfg\savedGames\000000001 (Or last saved game ID)\'campaign start date'\campaign.cfg

the lines edited are located under the mission name :
[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 4.PersObj 1.CrtAmount]
IsTonnage=false
Tonnage=0
NumOfShips=0

Tonnage would then be set to the appropriate number for each of the two campaign.csf files.
I have found instances where it is correctly saved under one or the other files, but not the other one and so it probably doesnt read it correctly
I do not know if 'IsTonnage=true' would fix it by default. Will try once I get a change to play again.

Hope this helps or gives some mdder an idea of how to fix this

Kind regards
Tobias 'tip the apple cart' Jazz
Toby-Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-17, 05:17 PM   #375
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

What i really wished for was to disable the career mode . Have Open Horizon campaign as a large set of single missions spanning the entire war . Similar to what they probably will have with Wolfpack game .
The first single mission would be leaving Memel and engaging any enemy forces .
The ability for the player to easily play any part of the war at any time or do them one by one .

I wouldnt know how to convert OH2 to single missions though .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote