SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-07-20, 08:08 AM   #1
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Downloads: 322
Uploads: 0
Default SH4 online & Trojan viruses:

Hello friends, I have a problem with SH4, when I start a mission after a few minutes the game closes. Unlike SH3 and SH5, I have to use SH4 online because I couldn't get the "crack" to be able to become independent from Uplay. I clarify that the three games were legally bought from Ubisoft Argentina, and I paid for them online with local money. It may not be a topic to talk about here, but your ideas and suggestions have helped me so far. When I turn on or restart my PC, this legend appears: C: \ PROGRA-3A3D902-1.DLL saying that it cannot start the process due to lack of that file, but from what I investigated it seems to be a virus. I have run several antivirus and antimalwares but the problem persists. SH3 and SH5 operate normally and without interruption. Can you help me? From already thank you very much!
jorgegonzalito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 10:27 AM   #2
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Ah, not good. Maybe this can help
Old 11-07-20, 11:07 AM   #3
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Oooooooh, you might end up with a slap on the wrist for even mentioning the word "crack", a re-download and re-install should fix whatever is missing from your SH4 game, but, if its a virus that is causing the problem then you'll need some kind of virus killer to fix that.

Some more information is needed about the version of SH4 you are running would be helpful, if you look on the bottom right of your main menu screen it will tell you which one you have, that's a start anyway, I'm sure someone else will come up with something else so be patient.
Old 11-07-20, 05:01 PM   #4
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Default Thanks for your answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Oooooooh, you might end up with a slap on the wrist for even mentioning the word "crack", a re-download and re-install should fix whatever is missing from your SH4 game, but, if its a virus that is causing the problem then you'll need some kind of virus killer to fix that.

Some more information is needed about the version of SH4 you are running would be helpful, if you look on the bottom right of your main menu screen it will tell you which one you have, that's a start anyway, I'm sure someone else will come up with something else so be patient.

You're right, it's not a gentleman's word to say that word, and it's absurd when we talk about legally purchased games, but I am very angry about this dependence on Ubisoft and the Internet connection to use a game that I have paid for. I don't have access to saved games, I don't like that either. My version of SH4 is gold, it must be 1.5 since the mods for that version work fine. I have already tried antivirus and antimalware of various kinds, I think I will have to reinstall Windows (7-64 bits). Cheers!
Old 11-07-20, 05:03 PM   #5
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Default Thank you very much for your comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Ah, not good. Maybe this can help

Would this recipe also work on Windows 7 64 bit?
Old 11-08-20, 11:21 AM   #6
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104

You might try going back to a previous "restore" point first. I had an issue a day or so ago and going back to a week old "restore" point fixed it. Worth a try. Keep in mind that if your "restore" point is relatively old, any program installed after that "restore" point date will no longer be installed and you might have to delete the remaining residual folder(s) to reinstall.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 11:36 AM   #7
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

To make sure there is nothing wrong with your windows 10 64 bit installation you can use the sfc /scannow method, it should only take a couple of minutes to do this.

To repair a Windows 10 installation using the SFC command tool, use these steps: Open Start. Search for Command Prompt, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Type the following command to repair system files and press Enter: sfc /scannow

If there are any errors it will repair them, sometimes you need to run it again and check that its done them all. That should rule out any problems with win10 and that just leaves SH4 for you to fix.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.572]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>
Old 11-08-20, 12:52 PM   #8
Gray Lensman
Frogman

... Duplicate post

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)

Last edited by Gray Lensman; 11-08-20 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-08-20, 01:04 PM   #9
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Quote:
To make sure there is nothing wrong with your windows 10 64 bit installation you can use the sfc /scannow method, it should only take a couple of minutes to do this.

To repair a Windows 10 installation using the SFC command tool, use these steps: Open Start. Search for Command Prompt, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Type the following command to repair system files and press Enter: sfc /scannow

If there are any errors it will repair them, sometimes you need to run it again and check that its done them all. That should rule out any problems with win10 and that just leaves SH4 for you to fix.

I tried that myself just yesterday and it wouldn't/couldn't fix my problem with a corrupted system .dll file. Only the system "restore" back to a previous restore point worked for me. I even used the DISM command method and again followed it with the SFC method which then told me I had a corrupted file and it supposedly fixed it. Went back into SH4 and the corruption was still there. Not saying it won't work, but for sure it doesn't work 100% of the time.

https://ubackup.com/windows-10/repai...nd-prompt.html

Old 11-08-20, 08:04 PM   #10
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Default Good advice yours Gray, but .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
You might try going back to a previous "restore" point first. I had an issue a day or so ago and going back to a week old "restore" point fixed it. Worth a try. Keep in mind that if your "restore" point is relatively old, any program installed after that "restore" point date will no longer be installed and you might have to delete the remaining residual folder(s) to reinstall.

To increase free capacity on my hard drive, I usually delete old restore points, leaving only the last two. In the meantime, a friend gave me the SH4 DVD, I installed it and I was able to cut the umbilical cord with Uplay. But you know what? after 15 minutes of browsing the game closes. It is obvious that I will have to reinstall Windows 7 64 bit and all programs. I hate this but it is a necessary evil.
Old 11-08-20, 08:11 PM   #11
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Default Hi Moonlight!

Quote:

All that you mention I have been doing every day. It finds faulty files and repairs them, but after the restart the computer starts crashing again. Let me clarify that I have Windows 7 64 bits, since I use somewhat old programs such as Microsoft Train Simulator, Flight Simulator 2004 etc. The time wheel of the processes begins to spin wildly and trembles, the sound distorts and finally when you click with the mouse on an icon or folder it does not open. Time to reinstall Windows, I hate that but there is no other alternative. Thanks for your tips.

All that you mention I have been doing every day. It finds faulty files and repairs them, but after the restart the computer starts crashing again. Let me clarify that I have Windows 7 64 bits, since I use somewhat old programs such as Microsoft Train Simulator, Flight Simulator 2004 etc. The time wheel of the processes begins to spin wildly and trembles, the sound distorts and finally when you click with the mouse on an icon or folder it does not open. Time to reinstall Windows, I hate that but there is no other alternative. Thanks for your tips.