SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-29-19, 04:09 PM   #4036
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846
Uploads: 0

You must keep the original sh3.exe in a safe place and use it for patch.
Old 12-29-19, 04:48 PM   #4037
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
You must keep the original sh3.exe in a safe place and use it for patch.
I will try tomorrow!
Now is 23:47 (11:47 PM) in Romania!
Noobicum4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 06:28 AM   #4038
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72
Default Compatibility

Hardcode Fixes are full compatible with Windows XP SP2 (2 not 3!) and previous. Windows 98/2000 too. But Windows 2000 has poor clock resolution and Windows 98 is too old then Windows XP SP2 is best option.
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 03:11 AM   #4039
NicoBdM
Swabbie

Downloads: 39

Hi guys,

Need some help...
I just bought SH3 on Uplay and tried to patch the .exe with H.Sie. Didn't work. It told me that my version is not compatible. I checked on Uplay, it's 1.4.
I run Win10 64, is there any issue with this one? Or do I do anything wrong?
Thanks for the help.

Sail safe
NicoBdM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 04:02 AM   #4040
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

NicoBdM!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 11:55 AM   #4041
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoBdM View Post
Hi guys,

Need some help...
I just bought SH3 on Uplay and tried to patch the .exe with H.Sie. Didn't work. It told me that my version is not compatible. I checked on Uplay, it's 1.4.
I run Win10 64, is there any issue with this one? Or do I do anything wrong?
Thanks for the help.

Sail safe
For my UPlay SH4, I copied the entire contents of the SH4 game folder - not the UPlay or other stuff, just the game folder, and pasted it into a new folder of my own naming, outside of "Program Files (x86)" and did my modding inside of that. Create short-cuts etc. as needed for the new location. I am not sure about getting H.Sie's to work on the UPlay version though still, but give it a go. Make sure that the "Read-only" attribute on the SH3.exe is turned-off, so that H.Sie and 4Gig Patch can write to it.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 03:33 PM   #4042
NicoBdM
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
For my UPlay SH4, I copied the entire contents of the SH4 game folder - not the UPlay or other stuff, just the game folder, and pasted it into a new folder of my own naming, outside of "Program Files (x86)" and did my modding inside of that. Create short-cuts etc. as needed for the new location. I am not sure about getting H.Sie's to work on the UPlay version though still, but give it a go. Make sure that the "Read-only" attribute on the SH3.exe is turned-off, so that H.Sie and 4Gig Patch can write to it.
Thanks for the reply
My game is not in Program Files, not even on C:. I knew the trick Read only attribute OFF. Don't understand. I go back read more stuff...
Thanks again buddy
Old 01-11-20, 05:25 PM   #4043
propbeanie

Well, UPlay messed with the SH5 executable file, maybe they did SH3 also... Do the regular mods work OK? Be sure and read-up on H.Sie's patch though. I do remember having issues years ago, and I do not recall what it was, other than I was forgetting a step (the "Supplement"??)... But mine was an older SH3 version back then, and you had to do other tricks for it beforehand. But be sure and follow the directions to a "T". I have not tried it lately on my Steam version, but it did work on it, prior to Steam changing their license checks a few years back... I might have to give it a go again...

Old 01-11-20, 08:58 PM   #4044
propbeanie

I just thought of something else NicoBdM... you cannot have LAA or the 4Gig Patch applied. If you do, run whichever again, and set it back to "normal", which would be "False" in LAA. In other words, remove the ability to access more ram. I just went to do H.Sie again, and that stopped me on try #1. I now have a patched SH3.exe, and it functions as intended.

Old 01-12-20, 06:28 AM   #4045
NicoBdM
Swabbie

BdM reporting...

Tried again and again to apply H.Sie but I can't figure it out. I guess the sh3.exe from Uplay is not compatible (I saw in the readme file from H.Sie multiple versions of the original .exe - SF, noSF, EMEA, etc - but none related to the one from Uplay.
Actually, I dived into H.Sie to use the ARB WideGui... GWX seems to work properly. ARB too except the map : cut in half, completely off.
I searched a little on the forum but didn't find anything about Uplay and hardcode fixes... Damn.

EDIT : I better looked into the game folder and noticed there were 2 .exe files : sh3.exe and sh3_g.exe. When I checked the properties of the files, I noticed that sh3.exe had no info at all. Meanwhile, sh3_g.exe had version info and all the good properties... Tried with this one, and, hooray, it worked, I mean tycho fix worked for ARB WideGui, and guess what, the mod works !!! The map is Ok, the game looks fantastic. But, H.Sie fix didn't work...
Geez, this one was tricky... I'll light flares if the next mods make me sweat like this one...
@propbeanie : forget the MP I sent you, don't bother Thanks again for the help and moral support lol

Last edited by NicoBdM; 01-12-20 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-12-20, 07:53 PM   #4046
U301
Officer

Downloads: 782

h.sie's message box is full.
Does anybody know where I can make a donation by way of thanks for this excellent mod?
Many thanks if you can help.
KUrtz
U301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 02:15 AM   #4047
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499

How to make resupply ships act like resupply u-boats(Milkcows). I mean so I get only few torpedeos after resupplying with the ship.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 04:16 AM   #4048
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
How to make resupply ships act like resupply u-boats(Milkcows). I mean so I get only few torpedeos after resupplying with the ship.
Not sure you can. Fwiw, historically the resupply ships never gave torpedoes to any u-boat.

I just don't use them in the game for this reason. You could also just shoot the extra ones off to get rid of them if desired.
Old 03-16-20, 05:10 AM   #4049
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Not sure you can. Fwiw, historically the resupply ships never gave torpedoes to any u-boat.

I just don't use them in the game for this reason. You could also just shoot the extra ones off to get rid of them if desired.
I remembered that people would just rename the resupply ships with like U-belchen. Then it would act like resupply u-boat

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 05:59 AM   #4050
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
I remembered that people would just rename the resupply ships with like U-belchen. Then it would act like resupply u-boat
Ah, you're right. Forgot about that. H.sie even mentions it in his readme.