SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-29-20, 04:20 PM   #4081
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelw93 View Post

I saw many empty messages from the CE at 7:13 . I modified the en_menu because of the H.sie patch and have the same empty messages mostly while taking damage . Has anyone an idea? Is it a feature from gwx to hide some unrealistic informations for the player? I have the problem without using the Commander, too.

My modlist:
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons=1
GWX - No Medals on Crew=2
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg=3
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71=4
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey]=5
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey - All Leather] Patch=6
M.E.P v6=7
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6=8
Optional - FSF for MEP v6=9
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation=10
New U-Boat Guns Fixed Reworked (for German U-Boats Compilation)=11
FixAllSubGWX=12
GermanUboatCompilation_Sensors_for_GWX=13
ARB WideGui 1920x1080=14
English & Deutsch=15
ARB WideGui 1920x1080 v0.3.1=16
ARB WideGui NoSwastikaFix=17
Sh3_volumetric_clouds&fog_V2.2=18
Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final=19
M.E.P v6- VisualSensors for GWX3=20
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)=21

You have H.sie's patch where it belongs in the mod order; last. That means the file that controls the messages, en_menu.txt isn't being overwritten by any other mod with the same file. I.e,. Thompson's sound pack has the same file. I don't know the "English & Duetsch" mod.
So in that case, one of two things is the cause:
1. Said text file is not in H.sie's folder. It shoud be under data\menu.

2. Said text file is in H.sie's folder but it wasn't modded correctly per his instructions. I.e., the added messages weren't added to the end of your en_menu.txt file.
3. The "We're taking damage" message is #604 in the file. See if it or any of the other messages mentioning damage are incorrect in any way.

Not getting the messages is always either an incorrect installation or the file being overwritten.
Old 11-30-20, 04:10 AM   #4082
marcelw93
Swabbie

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
You have H.sie's patch where it belongs in the mod order; last. That means the file that controls the messages, en_menu.txt isn't being overwritten by any other mod with the same file. I.e,. Thompson's sound pack has the same file. I don't know the "English & Duetsch" mod.
So in that case, one of two things is the cause:
1. Said text file is not in H.sie's folder. It shoud be under data\menu.

2. Said text file is in H.sie's folder but it wasn't modded correctly per his instructions. I.e., the added messages weren't added to the end of your en_menu.txt file.
3. The "We're taking damage" message is #604 in the file. See if it or any of the other messages mentioning damage are incorrect in any way.

Not getting the messages is always either an incorrect installation or the file being overwritten.
Yeah, its only the sound mod, which also contains an en_menu file. I reinstall the game with mods, but the problems is still there. I also checked that the en_menu file was changed correctly. On patrol I receive messages about oxygen which is a positiv test accordingly to the manual of the Hardcore fix. The line we´re taking damage is also correct. I don't know exactly which lines are missing, but it happens normally after i hit a mine. I think, that the reason is maybe the Tssk18 german u-Boat compilation. But this mod change just the command_en, not the en_menu file. 2020-11-29 19_25_19-Greenshot.jpg

The Englisch & Deutsch Mod comes with the ARB WideGUI to change design for use with german and english language.

Thank you for your help.

Marcel
marcelw93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 06:47 AM   #4083
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Yeah, its only the sound mod, which also contains an en_menu file. I reinstall the game with mods, but the problems is still there. I also checked that the en_menu file was changed correctly. On patrol I receive messages about oxygen which is a positiv test accordingly to the manual of the Hardcore fix. The line we´re taking damage is also correct. I don't know exactly which lines are missing, but it happens normally after i hit a mine. I think, that the reason is maybe the Tssk18 german u-Boat compilation. But this mod change just the command_en, not the en_menu file. Attachment 3727

The Englisch & Deutsch Mod comes with the ARB WideGUI to change design for use with german and english language.

Thank you for your help.

Marcel
Apply only the supplement to the game and see if they work then. If so, then apply each mod you want one at time (with H.sie's patch last), testing each one as they're installed.
That will tell you where the conflict is. If they don't work with only H.sie's patch installed, there is the problem.
Old 11-30-20, 05:00 PM   #4084
marcelw93
Swabbie

Default Empty Messages

Quote:
Apply only the supplement to the game and see if they work then. If so, then apply each mod you want one at time (with H.sie's patch last), testing each one as they're installed.
That will tell you where the conflict is. If they don't work with only H.sie's patch installed, there is the problem.
Today I played at first GWX Vanilla, just with the 4GB-Patch. And it worked correct. No empty messages. The next try I installed The H.Sie Patch (The
V16B1-Patch-Kit). First I copied the files into the game directory. Then I patched the sh3.exe. After that I select the options with the HsieOptionsSelector (didn`t activate Diesel damage and Wolfpack). After that I copied the en_menu and de_menu files into the Supplement folder and added the additional lines before I activated the Supplement mod. I checked the correct activation of the supplement mod. Then I started the 20th time 1945 at Bergen and drove directly into the near mine field. And of course I received blank messages from the CE. I receive other messages like ,,oxygen 20%"

I'm feeling like a noob.
Old 11-30-20, 05:11 PM   #4085
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Today I played at first GWX Vanilla, just with the 4GB-Patch. And it worked correct. No empty messages. The next try I installed The H.Sie Patch (The
V16B1-Patch-Kit). First I copied the files into the game directory. Then I patched the sh3.exe. After that I select the options with the HsieOptionsSelector (didn`t activate Diesel damage and Wolfpack). After that I copied the en_menu and de_menu files into the Supplement folder and added the additional lines before I activated the Supplement mod. I checked the correct activation of the supplement mod. Then I started the 20th time 1945 at Bergen and drove directly into the near mine field. And of course I received blank messages from the CE. I receive other messages like ,,oxygen 20%"

I'm feeling like a noob.

Couple questions: 1. What is meant by "First I copied the files into the game directory" ? The only files from H.sie's patch that should be copied only into your mods folder are the supplement folder and the O2 gauge folder. Maybe that is what you mean.
2. Are you copying the patches additional text lines to the end of your existing en_menu.txt file, after the last existing text ? (which should have first been copied to the data/menu folder of the supplement folder. Don't mod the files in their installation locations.)

Since the messages worked before you added H.sie's patch, the only solution is an incorrect build/install of his patch. Take a close look at things including his instructions and how you did things.
If you want, I can upload my en_menu.txt file and you can try that instead of yours.
Old 11-30-20, 06:46 PM   #4086
marcelw93
Swabbie

Quote:
Couple questions: 1. What is meant by "First I copied the files into the game directory" ? The only files from H.sie's patch that should be copied only into your mods folder are the supplement folder and the O2 gauge folder. Maybe that is what you mean.
2. Are you copying the patches additional text lines to the end of your existing en_menu.txt file, after the last existing text ? (which should have first been copied to the data/menu folder of the supplement folder. Don't mod the files in their installation locations.)

Since the messages worked before you added H.sie's patch, the only solution is an incorrect build/install of his patch. Take a close look at things including his instructions and how you did things.
If you want, I can upload my en_menu.txt file and you can try that instead of yours.
I used my installation location as my workfolder for patching. To give it another try I take my backup Sh3-installation and install GWX one more time. Following the manual I created a workfolder where I patched my Sh3 with success. Then I selected the options of the fix. After that I moved the file to the supplement folder, which I extracted earlier.

For this test I will only use GWX. So I copied the files en_menu and de_menu into the supplement folder (data/menu). Then I added the lines from the Append_to_de/en files. After I finished, I copied the Supplement folder to the Mod folder of the game directory. Then I activated the ,,mod" with JSGME. Then I checked if JSGME worked correctly. JSGME has overwritten the files in the game directory with the files from the supplement folder.

Then started Silent Hunter another time. Go to periscop depth and try to rise my periscop at 8 knots. Not possible, so at least parts of H.sie are working correctly. Staying submerged, the LI talks : Oxygen: 20%. This is one of the added lines.

And finally I hit a mine and see many blank messages from my CE while my boat has heavy flooding...

Sry for the long text, but maybe you can see a mistake.

Would be nice, if you can give me your en/de_menu files. I don't think it will work, but at least it is a test worth.

Thank you very much

Marcel
Old 11-30-20, 06:57 PM   #4087
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I used my installation location as my workfolder for patching. To give it another try I take my backup Sh3-installation and install GWX one more time. Following the manual I created a workfolder where I patched my Sh3 with success. Then I selected the options of the fix. After that I moved the file to the supplement folder, which I extracted earlier.

For this test I will only use GWX. So I copied the files en_menu and de_menu into the supplement folder (data/menu). Then I added the lines from the Append_to_de/en files. After I finished, I copied the Supplement folder to the Mod folder of the game directory. Then I activated the ,,mod" with JSGME. Then I checked if JSGME worked correctly. JSGME has overwritten the files in the game directory with the files from the supplement folder.

Then started Silent Hunter another time. Go to periscop depth and try to rise my periscop at 8 knots. Not possible, so at least parts of H.sie are working correctly. Staying submerged, the LI talks : Oxygen: 20%. This is one of the added lines.

And finally I hit a mine and see many blank messages from my CE while my boat has heavy flooding...

Sry for the long text, but maybe you can see a mistake.

Would be nice, if you can give me your en/de_menu files. I don't think it will work, but at least it is a test worth.

Thank you very much

Marcel

Ok let me re-install GWX and H.sie's patch and then I'll upload it. I heavily edit the en_menu.txt files so it'd be easier if I just start from scratch instead, but I'll get it done this evening US cst time.
Old 11-30-20, 07:04 PM   #4088
marcelw93
Swabbie

Quote:
Ok let me re-install GWX and H.sie's patch and then I'll upload it. I heavily edit the en_menu.txt files so it'd be easier if I just start from scratch instead, but I'll get it done this evening US cst time.
Thank you for the fast reply and for the quick help.
Old 11-30-20, 07:08 PM   #4089
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Thank you for the fast reply and for the quick help.

Also do a quick check of your en_menu.txt file and see if you have message #604 and if so what does it say.
Old 11-30-20, 07:10 PM   #4090
marcelw93
Swabbie

Quote:
Also do a quick check of your en_menu.txt file and see if you have message #604 and if so what does it say.
604=We're taking damage, sir!
Old 11-30-20, 07:11 PM   #4091
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Also see if you have the flooding messages, #592-594. I just realized GWX edits out the "We have flooding" message with ";" (less quotation marks) so that may be your problem.
Old 11-30-20, 07:14 PM   #4092
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
604=We're taking damage, sir!

Old 11-30-20, 07:15 PM   #4093
marcelw93
Swabbie

Quote:
Also see if you have the flooding messages, #592-594. I just realized GWX edits out the "We have flooding" message so that may be your problem.
Ah, you mean the ,;" in front of the numbers?
;592=We have flooding, sir!
593=We have heavy flooding, sir!
594=We have critical flooding, sir!
595=Hull damaged, sir!
;596=We may have been detected, sir!

This could be the reason...
Old 11-30-20, 07:18 PM   #4094
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Ah, you mean the ,;" in front of the numbers?
;592=We have flooding, sir!
593=We have heavy flooding, sir!
594=We have critical flooding, sir!
595=Hull damaged, sir!
;596=We may have been detected, sir!

This could be the reason...

Yep. Remove that ";" and try it again, just GWX and H.sie. That message can get repeated a lot hence the edit to not use it.
Old 11-30-20, 07:27 PM   #4095
marcelw93
Swabbie

Quote:
Yep. Remove that ";" and try it again, just GWX and H.sie. That message can get repeated a lot hence the edit to not use it.
Now I see why it was edited...
In fact after I deleted the ,,;" I have no blank messages from the CE.