Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-20-12, 05:24 AM   #16
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
maybe there is still hope with some additional help by us will try to contact them
in case you include me by saying "us", I must say that don't have any free time ATM.
Old 06-20-12, 03:59 PM   #17
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
in case you include me by saying "us", I must say that don't have any free time ATM.
It must be my english H.Sie,
i quoted you just becuase i agree with your comment about the work of the guys at 'Danger From The Deep'.

about the rest of my post:
by 'us' i don't mean ('include') you or any other specific person.
by 'us' i mean whoever subsimer can and have the willness to join in case the guys of 'Danger From The Deep' are around too and interested.
nobody is doing anything without his willness ...i think that this is...common sense (thats why i didn't mention it)

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-12, 01:18 PM   #18
USS Virginia
Swabbie

Downloads: 42

I just asked the developer "Graviteam" to help us. Graviteam is a very very nice team. We will see their reply

See: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10778.0
USS Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 10:23 AM   #19
SilentOtto
Engineer

Downloads: 71

Let's see what they answer

I still think crowd funding would be the way to go here. If we get a critical mass of possible users, and a willing developer, we could start a "promotion campaign" around the web, and get an online funding project going. Imagine having a sim with the capacities of SH5, but developed with a compromise to release an API and using standard and open definitions for every object inside it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinrich Schwab View Post
Kickstarter worked for Al Lowe and Leisure Suit Larry (another franchise ruined by corporate stupidity), I do not see any reason why not. I would donate. A Subsim.com brand simulation would be just the thing [...]
A subsim.com branded simulation would be... sim heaven!

AND a note to any MOD reading this: Maybe this thread should be moved to indie games.
SilentOtto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-12, 11:02 PM   #20
USS Virginia
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Virginia View Post
I just asked the developer "Graviteam" to help us. Graviteam is a very very nice team. We will see their reply

See: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10778.0
Their reply is self-evident:
Quote:
Sorry I dont know about another devs
We hypothetical can take the course. But the question here in the costs, and since we have to postpone their projects, the costs must be considerable.
Do we have the money?
Old 08-27-12, 06:05 AM   #21
USS Virginia
Swabbie

I asked them how many time and money they need if they accept the project. I asked them if they know a publisher who can accept to paid them to develop a submersible simulation.

We need to find money or a publisher... But the publisher is the evil.

I am afraid we don't have a solution.
Old 08-27-12, 04:57 PM   #22
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

Kickstarter or Indiegogo. And there are publishers who publish "niche" games like Paradox (NWAC among others), 2K Games (XCOM turnbased squad strategy) and Focus Home Interactive (Wargame European Escalation). Someone also publishes all those wierd eurosims like Farming Simulator or City Bus Simulator that are immensely popular. I guess that's the sort of publishers to hit with a subsim pitch.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-12, 10:58 PM   #23
USS Virginia
Swabbie

Graviteam asks me the requirements and features - what we need. What battle theaters, how many ships and submarines, other vehicles and machinery, the surroundings, the interior of boats, etc.

A good english speaker can write a good post to describe SH3 and all the amelioration we want?

Thanks!
Old 08-29-12, 04:38 AM   #24
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

It's great that Graviteam are actually interested and taking this seriously, most large game companies probably wouldn't even respond.

Another alternative maybe to approach Ilan Papini developer of the Virtual Sailor series which already has good environments, weather, ocean etc and is fairly easy for the "average Joe" to add models/units to. We could ask him funded via kickstarter to add in the additional technologies eg sonar, radar, hedgehog ,aa guns, depth charges etc needed to turn VS into a WWII subsim. His strength is probably not in enemy AI as he is not a game developer per se but it could work as purely a multiplayer game with subs, destroyers & convoys all under user control with the addition of the technology of the time.

This old thread of mine may also add some ideas into the mix.
Old 08-29-12, 05:39 AM   #25
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

Maybe it would be best to look at Graviteams existing catalogue and then work out a set of requirements that fits the tech they're using? If they do something, it's probably not going to look much better than SH3 so pitching what essentially amounts to SH3-redux makes little sense. A game that combines Aces of the Deep with Silent Hunter 1 would be more interesting, but that's just my $.02
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-12, 05:08 PM   #26
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

This is a great idea. I think the time is ripe that we need a new "Dangerous Waters" with the features that WE want implemented. I don't see a modern hardcore subsim (with surface and air unit playables as well) released by a game company ever again. If we're going to get a next generation Dangerous Waters, we're going to have to make it ourselves.

I say that we need a new Dangerous Waters because 99% of the subsims out there are WWII ones. You hardly EVER see anything for modern platforms out there.
Old 09-04-12, 01:21 PM   #27
SilentOtto
Engineer

I think the basic idea is the sim we want has to be moddable by definition... In such a case I think it would be feasible to turn it into a wwi, wwii or cold war sim, if we (well, the modding community ) could easily add new units and new weapons. With an adequate and open framework, the community could take the sim anywhere!

Maybe we can reach an amount of users interested and start a new project!
Old 09-04-12, 01:29 PM   #28
SilentOtto
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonarman View Post
It's great that Graviteam are actually interested and taking this seriously, most large game companies probably wouldn't even respond.

Another alternative maybe to approach Ilan Papini developer of the Virtual Sailor series which already has good environments, weather, ocean etc and is fairly easy for the "average Joe" to add models/units to. We could ask him funded via kickstarter to add in the additional technologies eg sonar, radar, hedgehog ,aa guns, depth charges etc needed to turn VS into a WWII subsim. His strength is probably not in enemy AI as he is not a game developer per se but it could work as purely a multiplayer game with subs, destroyers & convoys all under user control with the addition of the technology of the time.

This old thread of mine may also add some ideas into the mix.
Hey that thread is full of good info, you had done your homework there!
Am reading it now, I so hope we can get somewhere with this idea.

Because, if not us... who?