SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-30-23, 02:35 PM   #1
MenOfWar
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Exclamation (TMO) Issue with shipping lanes map & radio in 1440p

Hello,

I have an issue while playing in 1440p where the shipping lanes map & radio opens outside of the screen and is therefore unreachable. Did anyone find a solution for this?

Playing with TMO 2.5 mod

Map in question

Thank you for the help!
MenOfWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 12:38 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The image was made for a 5:4 display, and the game's display engine seems to want to re-size it based upon your horizontal resolution, and not your vertical. You might have to temporarily re-size your game display to a 5:4 resolution in order to be able to reposition the map up and to the left a good bit and then exit the game. The game remembers the "positioning". Re-set your display to what you currently have, and then drag it to where you can use the radio and see the map as much as you can... otherwise, it involves a bit of image resizing as well as menu_1024_768.ini fiddling, which no one likes doing... There are however, several mods out there that eliminate the map from the radio screen, and just have the radio (as in stock), or have a different graphic with it... however, I am not able to find one just now. Perhaps someone else can...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 02:23 PM   #3
MenOfWar
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The image was made for a 5:4 display, and the game's display engine seems to want to re-size it based upon your horizontal resolution, and not your vertical. You might have to temporarily re-size your game display to a 5:4 resolution in order to be able to reposition the map up and to the left a good bit and then exit the game. The game remembers the "positioning". Re-set your display to what you currently have, and then drag it to where you can use the radio and see the map as much as you can... otherwise, it involves a bit of image resizing as well as menu_1024_768.ini fiddling, which no one likes doing... There are however, several mods out there that eliminate the map from the radio screen, and just have the radio (as in stock), or have a different graphic with it... however, I am not able to find one just now. Perhaps someone else can...
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately it didn't work because changing the resolution requires me to restart the game (unsure if that's normal), and when I do that it resets the positions of things and still spawns outside of the screen.

Will take a look and see if I can find the map mod. Alternative right now is having the map open in a different screen.

Also tried playing a bit around the .ini file but wasn't successful. You really gotta know what you are messing with in there to make it work
Old 01-31-23, 07:45 PM   #4
propbeanie

Interesting... I had always been able to get to it when using a 5:4 or 4:3 resolution, such as 1024x768... If you can get to it on the 2nd monitor screen, then push its lower right corner into the middle of your main display. Then re-do the screen resolution (and yes, you do have to re-start the game), or if at your normal resolution already, just move that lower-right corner of the radio box to the lower-right of your screen, and then close it from there. It should remember where you closed it the next time you call for it...

Old 01-31-23, 07:46 PM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

MenOfWar

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 06:05 AM   #6
MenOfWar
Swabbie

Quote:
Interesting... I had always been able to get to it when using a 5:4 or 4:3 resolution, such as 1024x768... If you can get to it on the 2nd monitor screen, then push its lower right corner into the middle of your main display. Then re-do the screen resolution (and yes, you do have to re-start the game), or if at your normal resolution already, just move that lower-right corner of the radio box to the lower-right of your screen, and then close it from there. It should remember where you closed it the next time you call for it...
Did a few tries now: 1024x768 to 2560x1440, windowed mode into non windowed mode, full screen to full screen... Saving the game or not saving the game, It doesn't save the position of the map. Restarting the game while in 4:3 or 5:4 resolution doesn't save the positions either. Only instance it's saved is when I transition from campaign to the ingame menu and back to the campaign. Tried googling to see if there were other mentions where the positions of the things were not being saved but I didn't find it anywhere.

I have a fresh install through steam, SH: WotP + SH: WotP U-Boat Missions. Installed JSGME.exe to get TMO working, and also applied LAA. Nothing else.

I tried getting a new brand new config to the game by renaming the SH4 folder in documents, and having the game generating a new one: even then the game doesn't save the position of those elements every restart

Something I also found weird is that the chronometer used to appear in the screen just fine, but in my latest reinstalls it started also appearing outside of the screen. I googled and wasn't the only one facing this issue. Magnified Hud Dials for v1.5 mod fixed this for me (I stripped down the menu ini settings to just affect the chronometer so it doesn't change any of the other UI changes done by TMO already, I created my own "mod" to apply on top of TMO for this case). Sadly the mod doesn't fix the shipping lanes&radio because of the size differences, it resizes it to the radio size and therefore you can't see a thing there, and I'm not skilled enough (yet) to figure out how the pos= and zone= in the .ini actually works.
Old 02-01-23, 11:40 AM   #7
propbeanie

I do not have a TMO install on any of my newer computers, but I'll try to find some time to noodle on my XP computer in the garage, and see if maybe that one is the one I am remembering the game remembering screen location saves of the various pieces... I do remember the text box always returns to its default location, even between saves in the same career, which is very frustrating...

Old 02-01-23, 03:46 PM   #8
MenOfWar
Swabbie

Quote:
I do not have a TMO install on any of my newer computers, but I'll try to find some time to noodle on my XP computer in the garage, and see if maybe that one is the one I am remembering the game remembering screen location saves of the various pieces... I do remember the text box always returns to its default location, even between saves in the same career, which is very frustrating...
Thank you. I appreaciate all your help and effort