SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-09-19, 04:19 PM   #1
nycoroner05
Soundman

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0
Default Worth a Buy?

Just saw this title. I love management games and WW2 so just would like some player feedback please and thank you.
Old 06-09-19, 08:01 PM   #2
Sub187
Watch

Downloads: 10

It's still very early days for this game. I would recommend this game in 6-12 months from now if they keep churning out the updates like they do, but for now I would wait until the game is more matured. It's still pretty alpha stage.
Sub187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 08:55 AM   #3
skin-nl
KapitainLeutnant

Downloads: 242

It's absolutely worth a buy….It's indeed not perfect...but good playable.
Old 06-10-19, 11:01 AM   #4
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119

Take a look at some youtube play videos. There is an upcoming patch being tested now that looks utterly amazing! Adding great features like time in port, crew battle fatigue, and additional missions to make patrols longer!
Old 09-11-19, 08:56 PM   #5
Faamecanic
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 44

This is possibly the most polished early access I have played. Devs are releasing constant updates and fixes. And most importantly I am having a blast with it. I would dare say the early access is in better shape than the full release of SH5. And the more of us that buy into early access..the more the devs will continue to work and add to it.

I would already rate this a 7 out of 10.... cant wait to see the final product!
Faamecanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 03:46 AM   #6
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 10

I Have it, Had my eye on it since Kickstarter, I've done some minor development work for it too, and might be asked to do more in future.

That said I avoid playing it too much now, just do the odd patrol here and there.
Like a wine i really want to enjoy when its at it best. Its actually quite stable now, though a some bugs persist - I've only seen them reported and I've not actually had any myself of late.

When completed its likely to knock SH5 of its perch, as it will be richer in content, way more polished and offer a much more solid modding platform with open architecture, plus be way more up to date.
Modding SDK is already in the works. It doesn't quite play like silent hunter, but there is no reason it couldn't be modded to do exactly that for those that want it.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 09:41 AM   #7
CybrSlydr
Lieutenant

Downloads: 13

This game is really a hidden gem. All it lacks is being fleshed out as feature-wise, it's as complete a game as you can get from Early Access.

I look forward to when campaign continuity and progression are implemented - I'd even pay for it as a DLC. Start with the IIA, get the VIIc we have now, model a couple of the IX boats...

Maybe a deeper, more complete tech tree for the subs. Really make you choose if you want to keep the old boat with the mods or upgrade to another fresh boat...

Totally looking forward to where this one is heading!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-19, 05:12 PM   #8
DicheBach
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
I Have it, Had my eye on it since Kickstarter, I've done some minor development work for it too, and might be asked to do more in future.

That said I avoid playing it too much now, just do the odd patrol here and there.
Like a wine i really want to enjoy when its at it best. Its actually quite stable now, though a some bugs persist - I've only seen them reported and I've not actually had any myself of late.

When completed its likely to knock SH5 of its perch, as it will be richer in content, way more polished and offer a much more solid modding platform with open architecture, plus be way more up to date.
Modding SDK is already in the works. It doesn't quite play like silent hunter, but there is no reason it couldn't be modded to do exactly that for those that want it.
Kewl. Good to have my gut intuitions for it confirmed!
Old 09-25-19, 08:46 PM   #9
Drmbb
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Default This release is one reason I am back

I stopped playing pc games a number of years ago when my ACER desktop finally died. Since I use Macs (and have since the early 1990’s) and Linux boxes for my personal and professional work I just never replaced that PC. But I was a regular here through the releases of Subsim III, IV and V (and destroyer command and other releases). Seeing and reading about UBOAT and Wolfpack made me nostalgic for these games.

So I have a Sager laptop shipping and plan to put this, and Subsim III, IV and V on it (plus Jutland and whatever else I can find and get to work). UBOAT looks awesome to me - regardless of a work in progress or whatever. Just to have new naval SIMs coming out is exciting to me.

I remember fondly debates here when Subsim III came out between the hard corers (a real word ?) who insisted on playing real time, versus those of us who did use time compression. These are awesome scenarios for historical era games.

BTW, my favorite PS4 Pro game of all, is Sniper Eleite IV for many of the same reasons.
Drmbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 11:23 PM   #10
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

drmbb!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 01:14 AM   #11
succerpunch
Torpedoman

Downloads: 292

It is worth the buy. The game is very fun and the attention to detail inside the sub is unbeatable. You can go to the switch board and replace fuses that get blown by the pressure wave of depth charges. The game has a high system requirement thou but buy it and see for yourself. If you don't like it after two hours then request a refund.
Old 09-28-19, 08:44 PM   #12
bmaxa
Swabbie

Downloads: 28

I bought it on day of release, even it is not Linux. It plays ok, you can
have fun, no problem. It is not hard core sim, but if you like submarines
it is a must.
bmaxa is offline   Reply With Quote