SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-19-12, 11:20 AM   #1
Akula Osis
Watch

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0
SHO Activation - Frustration *** Fixed ***

Hola,

Not sure if anyone can help but as of right now I can't activate my product. New computer, fresh install on Win7 64 bit.

Here's the history:

Original SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On purchased from D2Drive before Gamefly took it over. I have boxed SH4 Wolves of the Pacific which installs no problem and I can run it.

Only thing about the new system is that I have specified alternate install locations because the Boot drive is an SSD. D: is RAID0 and I have a /Sims directory setup.

Installed SH4 Wolves of the Pacific, ran it and all was good. Took my original download copy of U-Boat Missions from D2Drive and was unable to activate it because the UBI Server reported "Failed Activation".

Investigated that issue and have a Catch-22 because I can't create a Gamefly account because I'm in Canada. So I've lost that purchase.

Purchased a 2nd version through Gamersgate and had the exact same failed Activation message. Contacted Ubi Support and confirmed the Serial Number is valid and un-activated, meaning it should work. Did some basic troubleshooting, disabled AV / firewall and all that stuff and still didn't work.

Ubi support has now shifted it towards solving MultiPlayer connection issues, which I've told them is the wrong direction.

So now, I'm putting it out in the wild to see if anyone else has had the same problem with the Addon.

Thanks in advance, if you could help me out.

Regards,

*RIP* LeoVampire

Last edited by Akula Osis; 12-20-12 at 08:21 PM.
Akula Osis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-12, 08:20 PM   #2
Akula Osis
Watch

Downloads: 63

*** Fixed ***

Downloaded and installed the 64bit Tages Driver - DRM

*RIP* LeoVampire
Akula Osis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-12, 09:55 PM   #3
IonicRipper
Engineer

Downloads: 103

Glad you figured it out. I wish i could have helped you.

Good hunting
Old 12-21-12, 08:45 AM   #4
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

I also had trouble with D2D activation using the U-Boat Missions upgrade for my version 1.0 boxed version of SH4. Modding gets you into all kinds of trouble with the original game files and I regularly had to reinstall a fresh copy when things got screwy. I also kept a saved copy of the upgrade download when needed, but like you, the activation would fail. My solution was to simply call tech support at D2D, and a "real" person would take the call.....work his magic on his end.....and the next time I tried the activation it went through. I did this several times without a hitch.

When I learned D2D passed off their work to Gamefly I decided not to open any more can of worms. I looked for a CD version of the Gold Edition and found it on iNetvideo for under $9.00. Received it within 3 days of purchase. I see the price has dropped since I purchased, down to under $8.00 now!

Still higher than buying SH5 for only $6.49 (tells you which game is more desired).

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-12, 11:41 AM   #5
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akula Osis View Post
*** Fixed ***

Downloaded and installed the 64bit Tages Driver - DRM

Do you have a link to the website where you found that driver? I'm having issues myself after I installed the 1.5 UBoat Addon. Out of the box which was version 1.2 ran fine. Now I'm getting activation issues and it won't recognize the CD key. Ack.....lotsa fun
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 02:43 AM   #6
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCruise View Post
Do you have a link to the website where you found that driver? I'm having issues myself after I installed the 1.5 UBoat Addon. Out of the box which was version 1.2 ran fine. Now I'm getting activation issues and it won't recognize the CD key. Ack.....lotsa fun
Fixed it. I couldn't get the updated drivers to work because of a error message saying the connection to activate the game was being forced to shut down. I forget the exact wording but it had something to do with too many attempts being made to activate that game and I would need to call tech support to activate it. Instead I bought and downloaded a new copy of SH4 Gold Edition and everything works including all the mods I have installed. Works great now.
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-16, 10:37 PM   #7
fueldrockets
Nub

Downloads: 78
Default ?

?
fueldrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 01:34 PM   #8
Very Jerry
Watch

Downloads: 33
Default New Activation

Hi Its been a while since I've posted anything.

I have used SH4 Gold Edition since 2007. I going to change computers again. Never had problems Activating before, but is it a problem now. Will Ubisoft be around to activate it next month? Trying to anticipate any problem.

Thanks
Very Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 05:44 PM   #9
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Very Jerry View Post
Hi Its been a while since I've posted anything.

I have used SH4 Gold Edition since 2007. I going to change computers again. Never had problems Activating before, but is it a problem now. Will Ubisoft be around to activate it next month? Trying to anticipate any problem.

Thanks
I wouldn't think you would run into any problems, what OS will be using?

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote