SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-12, 10:27 AM   #7
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammel View Post
Interesting i'm having the crash problem as @VONHARRIS - must be some mod we have installed in common => Crash when starting Patrol.

Interesting h.sie patch only is working und it's the same Problem i had with
the addon patch the version before.

i'll check out the problem...

EDIT
all i can tell so far: it's not the mods and the problem is NOT related to this addon - it's not working any more even with the h.sie patch only - sorry for blaming stiebler's patch...
I'll have a look further into this and carefully do a step by step installation.
Strange thing is that i was able to install all earlyer versions of addon + patch without trouble and then the trouble begun with the last addon i wasn't able to run any more. Now it's the h.sie patch as well - can you confirm this @VONHARRIS?

I run the game with the H.sie V16B1 patch and the mod list I have posted before with no trouble.
I haven't tried to install any pvevious addons , so I don't know on that.
When the game CTDed after the addon , I uninstalled it with JSGME and ererything came back to normal.

Quote:
Found it - or at least part of the problem.
It's the scripted layer - something must have gone wrong during merging the subs in...
Textfile looks fine but i did the merge with the editor. Will try by hand.

Without the modified campaign_scr.mis h.sie addon is running - at least to the point the patrol begins.

Unfortunately it dos it not with the stiebleraddon patch, so i have another problem here i guess. But perhaps it just demand the missing scripted layer.

EDIT
still no luck with the addon - however i found those stupid errors in my setup: the failed merging of the subs in the scr layer
and also i found out the renumbering of the menu.ini did went wrong.

The other textfiles seems fine and running with the h.sie only patch.

So im there where i was starting: crash with the stiebler addon - no idea what went wrong. :-(
I haven't touched the campaign_scr.mis file because at that point I haven't activated the Wolfpack mod (the only one not used)

IMO , it might be the AI_Sensors_GWX.dat which has to be renamed to AI_Sensors.dat and used as such with the addon.
In the Library folder of the H.sie V16B1 mod I found a AI_Sensors_WP.dat
file 1KB in size which I can not understand.

At that point I can do any experiments but when my current patrol is finished I will try some!

Last edited by VONHARRIS; 07-15-12 at 10:44 AM.
VONHARRIS is offline   Reply With Quote