Old 09-13-11, 12:50 AM   #1
Gut Wrench
Chief

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
2012 Subsim Fantasy Football Reports

SPANK THE MONKEYS.
There's a new contender in town.

Week One in the 2011 Subsim Fantasy Football, and the teams head once again into battle for the coveted Torpedo Bowl. We didn't talk very much about them in the preseason, indeed, we were even wondering if Coach Mookie was going to take a new approach, and in the first game of the season, the Ghost Monkeys come out and spank the Reapers 137 - 72.

Wow, a 65 point win with the first league high score of the year.

Is this the year of the gun-slinging quarterbacks? You might think so as the opening game of the year was the Wild Boston terriers playing at Every Given Sunday. Both teams are former divisional winners, and EGS have been the sneaky "back door" team. It was the Terriers Aaron Rogers who got the win, but it was Drew Brees of EGS that had the better point night. And their defense was just as impressive, the Terrier playing the Bears for 27 points and EGS playing the Raven for 25 points. However a turning point in the game was Nate Kadeing of EGS who on the opening kick off, chipped his toenail polish and is out for the year with a hang nail.

In his first year as the Coach of the Delaware Destroyers, Growler was up against another new team to the league, the Black Cats. Even with Steve Smith - not that one that hasn't done squat for the last two years, but his alter ego showed up to play and ended the day with 178 yards and 2TD's. The Destroyers jump out as the leading team in the Surface Skimmers division.

Even the International game was surprising. Mr. Chris with his London based team has owned the Australian Taipans since both teams first joined the league - except for this week. The Taipans had no exceptional players, but everyone was scoring, as the Taipans bit the Nighthawks 126 - 63. The game was a lot closer despite the Taipans outscoring the Nighthawks 2-1.

In the closest game of the week, two of the heavyweights of the league met again, as the did in the play offs last year. Coach Rick is clearly the master of the league, while Coach Jon of the BP Badasses, last years biggest team (does that make them Big Assess?) tricked everyone and played Austine Collie...for a total of no points. Had he had any other receiver on the field other than the Invisible Collie, the Dragons may not have stolen this one 85 - 52.

Coach Casey with his new team the Guns of Hochuli were up against one of the other newcomers, Coach Chris and the Nutcruchers. And even though his team slogan claims his team couldn't beat it's way out of a paperbag, their QB Tom Brady showed that 517 yards and 4TD's is not enough to get the win. Coach Casey drop the Nutcrunchers 117 - 89.

It may only be week one but next weeks game between the Wild Boston Terriers and the Ghost Monkeys is the feature game. The two big points scorers of week one see Aaron Rodgers against Josh Freeman...provided Mookie doesn't trade him away first. The winner will become the divisional and league leader.

Each week, the Associated Subsim Writers (ASW) will nominated their Most Valuable Torpedo (MVT) of the week, the single player who proved decisive in their teams performance.

For achieving 8 receptions for 160 yards and 2 receiving TD's for a total of 33 points, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present Wes Walker of the Guns of Hochuli with the Week One MVT.

Gut Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 05:06 AM   #2
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

I faired better than I hoped for. My team is somewhere in the pack and that is a good thing. I have some player shifting this week.
Old 09-13-11, 06:29 AM   #3
Growler
A long way from the sea

Downloads: 21

I'm not disappointed with the team so far. Going to have to do a little homework, and some careful review, but overall, I'm fairly pleased with the performance of the team. The coaches are going to have a little chat with Ocho, though. For a player who likes to be the center of attention, to call his 1.7 points "disappointing" is like calling genocide a minor social aberration. Amendola's been dropped by over 2000 teams as of this morning, and he's still got six times the points Ocho's got. Kyle and Tony have got to hang on to the ball, and remember who they're throwing it to, but their performance wasn't bad - which is saying something in a week where Brady throws for a third of a mile.

The Destroyers were carried on the strength of some great performances, but it's time for a review of some of the less stellar ones for potential improvement.
And pledge to love and beauty.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 09:26 AM   #4
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 10:34 AM   #5
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Looking at the my raw numbers I'm quite pleased. Two player moves showing good numbers from last week that did not add to my total overall score should prove to be favorable.

Quote:
Ocho, though. For a player who likes to be the center of attention, to call his 1.7 points "disappointing" is like calling genocide a minor social aberration.
I think the Pats are sending a message to Ocho. Showboating is for other teams. Welker was the the man of the hour.
Old 09-13-11, 05:19 PM   #6
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post

Looking at the my raw numbers I'm quite pleased. Two player moves showing good numbers from last week that did not add to my total overall score should prove to be favorable.

I think the Pats are sending a message to Ocho. Showboating is for other teams. Welker was the the man of the hour.
Good luck with that.
Old 09-13-11, 06:46 PM   #7
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Good luck with that.
I polled the numbers. If my benched guys were active I would have 107 points. It's a numbers game and a long season brother. Injury sidelining players. It could go either way.
Old 09-13-11, 08:20 PM   #8
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Quote:
I polled the numbers. If my benched guys were active I would have 107 points. It's a numbers game and a long season brother. Injury sidelining players. It could go either way.
Hard to count on Brady throwing for 500 yds and 4 TDs each week.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 09-13-11, 09:52 PM   #9
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
See year 2007. Except, Brady will chock for the FFL championship.
Old 09-14-11, 05:10 AM   #10
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
No matter. Brady still a threat. This is proven by the line of coaches at the FF site looking to trade several players for just Brady.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 09-14-11 at 09:03 AM.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-11, 09:19 AM   #11
Growler
A long way from the sea

Downloads: 21

Brady threw for 500+ yards - If that doesn't paint an even bigger bulls-eye on a guy's back, I dunno what could. Sure, he's a hot property right now - but that was game one of the season, there's a long way to go, and Brady's no spring chicken anymore. Those few sacks that will eventually get through are going to start taking more of a toll than they have in the past.
And pledge to love and beauty.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-11, 09:42 AM   #12
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler View Post
Brady threw for 500+ yards - If that doesn't paint an even bigger bulls-eye on a guy's back, I dunno what could. Sure, he's a hot property right now - but that was game one of the season, there's a long way to go, and Brady's no spring chicken anymore. Those few sacks that will eventually get through are going to start taking more of a toll than they have in the past.
I have good back up. Ryan Fitzpatrick if all goes as planned. The other teams will suffer from injury as well. It is the nature of sport.
Old 09-14-11, 10:05 AM   #13
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Quote:
No matter. Brady still a threat. This is proven by the line of coaches at the FF site looking to trade several players for just Brady.
Meanwhile all those points go to waste on my bench

Old 09-15-11, 05:04 AM   #14
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Shameful!
Old 09-15-11, 12:04 PM   #15
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

I downloaded the Yahoo FF app on my phone. It's a nice app. Give it a try.

Tags
fantasy football, subsim