Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-19, 05:17 AM   #10861
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

After the Scottish court, the High Court in London now also has refused to play the political ballgame of the no-no-deal faction.
Old 09-06-19, 05:30 AM   #10862
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

It is not over yet though, the High Court have given permission for an appeal.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-06-19, 06:14 AM   #10863
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Labour and other UK opposition parties agree not to back PM’s demand for general election before October EU summit.

Old 09-06-19, 06:25 AM   #10864
Skybird
Soaring

What is the legal situation right now? Its my understanding that since quite some time the legal situation is such that if no deal gets signed until Octobre 31st, automatically a Brexit gets triggered. The no-no-deal law of two days ago however must collide with this in any way (I admit I have no read anywhere what it really says in detail). So what is the legal situation if Johnson simply refuses to obey the law and choses not to go to Brussels and asking for another delay? How could he be held responisble for this what obviously formally would be a law violation then - or is it not? And would the consequence sof such behaviour - Brexit activated, that is - be legally sustainable?

And since nothing is to be expected to happen until end of January, wouldn't they then demand another delay being asked for? And endlessly on and on and on this way?

Its all a break-or-get-broken situation. Compromise impossible.

If Johnson simply refuses to do anything, even stops governing" in any way. No asking in brussel. No complaince with the little marxist's demands. No pushing of elections. Instead: Nothing. Just sitti g in No 10, doing nothing, letting days pass. What then, from MP's POV...?
Old 09-06-19, 06:30 AM   #10865
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

You may be interested in this discussion by UKIP dude for pro-BREXIT point of view.
Old 09-06-19, 08:03 AM   #10866
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
What is the legal situation right now? Its my understanding that since quite some time the legal situation is such that if no deal gets signed until Octobre 31st, automatically a Brexit gets triggered. The no-no-deal law of two days ago however must collide with this in any way (I admit I have no read anywhere what it really says in detail). So what is the legal situation if Johnson simply refuses to obey the law and choses not to go to Brussels and asking for another delay? How could he be held responisble for this what obviously formally would be a law violation then - or is it not? And would the consequence sof such behaviour - Brexit activated, that is - be legally sustainable?

And since nothing is to be expected to happen until end of January, wouldn't they then demand another delay being asked for? And endlessly on and on and on this way?

Its all a break-or-get-broken situation. Compromise impossible.

If Johnson simply refuses to do anything, even stops governing" in any way. No asking in brussel. No complaince with the little marxist's demands. No pushing of elections. Instead: Nothing. Just sitti g in No 10, doing nothing, letting days pass. What then, from MP's POV...?
I'm not sure anyone really knows but if it is humanly possible to get the UK out Boris is the only one willing to do it.

Old 09-06-19, 12:16 PM   #10867
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
You may be interested in this discussion by UKIP dude for pro-BREXIT point of view.
UKIP is a dead duck their day is long over and will have no effect on the possible general election.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-06-19, 12:20 PM   #10868
STEED
Lucky Jack

Bojo will have another crack at it on Monday but his odds are worst than a exploding gas pipe. Shutting down Parliament has backfired big time on him, serve him right taking advice from a psychopath.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-06-19, 04:14 PM   #10869
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'm not sure anyone really knows but if it is humanly possible to get the UK out Boris is the only one willing to do it.
Is he? I am not as convinced as you seem to be. He was overrolled by the passing referendum almost three years ago, he did not really wanted it to be successful, he wanted only to gain profile by posing as a Brexiteer and a critic of remainers.

And certainly he knows how badly prepared Britian now is after the lots of wasted time. He also certainly knows that by the letters and laws and paragraphs he has ZERO chance now - at least I see none - to get elections before having gone to Brussels.

He also most certainly knew in advance that he would loose on Tuesaday and Wednesday. He must have seen all that coming.
Finally, he is a career politician, and a very power-craving one. And a gambler he is anyway.

I think the very last sentence in the very last paragraphs, the line at the very end of it all, indicates what is that is to be looked out for.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49612757

Quote:
The new law tries to avoid a no-deal Brexit on 31 October, but it can't rule out a no-deal Brexit in the future.
There are only two ways to do that: pass and implement a withdrawal deal or cancel Brexit altogether.
May wanted to reach a pseudo-Brexit so that the political class would not get lynched by the plebs when not delivering Brexit by meaning and content - she wanted the parliament to steal the Brexit referendum and getting away with it by actinbg as if Brexit had been dleivered. Johnson on the other hand I think also plans to not deliver Brexit now - but he is satisfied with just himself not being lynched, instead winning the next elections after that and being the old new PM again. And the blame beeing loaded all on Labour.

I will be happy if the future events proves me to be wrong and Brexit comes, but I doubt it. I fear I will be right. Johnson'S goals now are no real Brexit, Labour being blamed by the voter, winning the elections, and himself staying as PM.
Old 09-06-19, 04:35 PM   #10870
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

T. Brex has no plan, and he is still lying as three years ago. But.. he adopted a dog.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 09-06-19, 04:43 PM   #10871
Skybird
Soaring

Oh, a plan he has, I am certain. The question is whether it works as intended.
Old 09-07-19, 04:15 AM   #10872
STEED
Lucky Jack

I said it before and I will say it again Bojo is not PM material he is a media hyped junkie. Just look at that joke with him banging on and poor police cadets/officers dropping, they were used and now the police chief feels that.

Bojo likes playing up to the camera even if he looks like a twit, and taking advice from psycho dominic is a big mistake.

Bojo has a third option where he calls a vote of no confidence in his government and gets his MP's to abstain but I can not see that one.

Old 09-07-19, 05:52 AM   #10873
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

I will be happy if the future events proves me to be wrong and Brexit comes, but I doubt it. I fear I will be right. Johnson'S goals now are no real Brexit, Labour being blamed by the voter, winning the elections, and himself staying as PM.
Boris is the only one making the right noises that is for sure but one can only hope the noises he makes are truthful.

Old 09-07-19, 05:55 AM   #10874
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
But.. he adopted a dog.
The person responsible in my opinion is Theresa May. All this could and should have been prevented by negotiating something better than what can only be described as a 'surrender document'.

After all wasn't it she who said "No deal is better than a bad deal".

Old 09-07-19, 05:57 AM   #10875
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post

Bojo has a third option where he calls a vote of no confidence in his government and gets his MP's to abstain but I can not see that one.
Always expect the unexpected when Boris is about.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics