SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-29-16, 06:12 PM   #541
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsc_tdp View Post
Just to re-familiarize myself with the release/update process, I added razark's tmo 2.5 files to shSpeech and called it 2.55. I hope you don't mind razark. If you're working to improve them and want to update it at some point, PM me and I'll send you my email.
I don't mind at all; I hope it helps anyone that jumps in late like I did. I don't foresee much in the way of updates happening, since TMO isn't likely to get an update itself.
Old 07-26-16, 06:52 PM   #542
mati140
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

Did anyone try this in Windows 10? Is Cortana backwards compatible with the old Speech Recognition Engine or would it require a complete rewrite?

EDIT: BTW, I think I still have a modfied file for a 1080p screen somewhere, if someone needs it I could post it.

EDIT2: Disregard all of that. I did find an issue though:

The clicks in the stock command section are shifted. Saying depth under keel results in periscope depth, saying knuckle right causes knuckle left etc.

Last edited by mati140; 08-01-16 at 11:40 AM.
mati140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-16, 04:34 AM   #543
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104

So I'm getting ready to try this out and am mostly interested in the ability to do things other than simply use voice commands to hit keys (otherwise I'd just create a Voice Attack profile). I use TMO and OTC (The TMO version, of course). OTC changes both keybindings as well as the UI, so a regular TMO profile will probably not work well (though it might be an okay base as far as click locations). My searching has not found an OTC profile for this and I'm wondering if anyone has made such a profile that they'd be willing to share. If not, I may need some assistance in learning how to create one myself. I'll have a look at the documentation soon.
Old 11-23-16, 01:15 AM   #544
kickswitch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Mouse moves on command but pushes wrong button

Hi I have a problem with speech rec on sh4

I issue a command like nav map, goes to the nav map fine. But other commands like speed and depth and depth under keel, I speak the command and the mouse moves - but the mouse misses the button for say depth under keel for example. This renders most of the commands useless for me I'm afrai, and suggestions?
Old 11-23-16, 02:31 AM   #545
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard! ...again

kickswitch! We seem to have missed your first post ...3 years ago; forgive our bad manners! Also a belated welcome to mati140after a long silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-16, 05:48 PM   #546
razark
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickswitch View Post
I speak the command and the mouse moves - but the mouse misses the button for say depth under keel for example.
It sounds like the mouse click locations in the config files are not lined up with what you've got on your screen.

Are you running any mods that change the orders bar?
Are you setting the correct screen resolution in the batch file?
Are you running SH4 in fullscreen or windowed mode?
Old 11-24-16, 12:59 AM   #547
kickswitch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Batch file

I checked the csv config files and changed the files command bar and files by adding to the top lines the correct resolution I'm running 1920x1080 so I changed both those files top lines to my desktop screen resolution. It didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 11-24-16, 10:28 AM   #548
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
It sounds like the mouse click locations in the config files are not lined up with what you've got on your screen.

Are you running any mods that change the orders bar?
Are you setting the correct screen resolution in the batch file?
Are you running SH4 in fullscreen or windowed mode?
Emphasis added

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-16, 01:21 PM   #549
razark
Ocean Warrior

The resolution is set in the sh4speech.bat file. Open that up, and you should see a line like:
voice 1024x768 stock 1 right sh4
That's where you need to set your resolution. The ones in the .csv files are just labels, if I remember correctly.
Old 11-24-16, 05:59 PM   #550
kickswitch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

By sh4 speech .bat file do you mean the file I run to recognize my speech commands, the one I use is called "Sh4Speech - trigger maru"

I had a look at the text in the file and there is a line as razark mentioned that says

C:\Users\Barca1\Desktop\shSpeech2.55\dist>voice 1024x768 "trigger maru" 1 right
sh4
shSpeech 2.54 by Minsc (Erik Knepfler)

Specified resolution: 1024x768 (change under sh4speech.bat)
Using command set: trigger maru
Delay multiplier: 1 (change under sh4speech.bat)
Mouse hand: Right-handed

Caching trigger maru key_codes.csv
Caching trigger maru voice_commands.csv
Caching trigger maru key_commands.csv
Caching trigger maru variables.csv
Caching trigger maru tubes.csv
Caching trigger maru command_bar.csv
Caching trigger maru dials.csv
Listening...

I notice it says 'change under sh4speech.bat - I'm guessing this isn't the file I need to change that info as it is uneditable - where do I find sh4speech.bat

I can't find it in any of the sh4speech folders within the main folder?

Thank you all by the way for your help so far, much appreciated.

And also I'm running Trigger Maru 2.5 and Optical Targeting correction those are my only mods

Cheers
Old 11-24-16, 10:27 PM   #551
razark
Ocean Warrior

Yes, that's the right .bat file. However, mine only has two lines.
It looks like yours contains the log of a running session, for some reason.

Change the resolution in that command to match what you're running and see if it helps.
The TMO files I created are not perfect, and I never tested them on other screen resolutions besides mine. The mouse click locations may need some adjustment for other screens.

I don't know if OTC makes any changes to the orders bar or other mouse click locations. If it does, it's going to be a matter of trial and error to figure out what works on your system.
Old 02-26-17, 03:32 PM   #552
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2
Default SH4 Speech tries to boss my computer around, too...

I know this has more to do with the WSR implemntation in Win7, but I find that if I grunt something that Windows thinks is a command, it will execute it. For example, if I clear my throat, it thinks I wanted to press the TAB key (which is fine, because the tab key isn't defined in my csv file). But sometimes Windows thinks I want to open up an application, or it opens up a help file, or switch applications.

Anyone know how to give SH4 Speech exclusive access to the WSR? Thanks!
Old 03-01-17, 02:24 PM   #553
bdd458
Seaman

Downloads: 51

I had the same issue as Kickswitch, all I had to do however was go to the command bar csv file and change the location for the buttons on the UI that the mouse was not moving to correctly. The X value was originally 189, I changed to 350 and now it works perfectly (had the problem with Battlestations and Depth Under Keel, changed it to that for both of them. Their X axis location was both originally 189).
bdd458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-18, 03:30 AM   #554
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Icon7

Hope everyone is doing well! Nice to see there's still some interest in this old thing I whipped up in like a month so long ago.

"I don't know why it's taken me nine years to try this out, but now that I have, I find it's somewhat outdated." -razark

I got a good laugh out of that thanks
Old 09-18-19, 09:44 AM   #555
swordmean
Nub

Downloads: 206
Default VoiceBot

Hi Captains..i have found this on steam... works with silent hunter 4 ...sad the great shspeech mod dosent work for silent hunter for under win 10....this is a good alternative if you whant command same stuff on you submarine with you voice just go too steam and search VoiceBot is 14 dollars and also works for other stuff ...better than nathing lol
swordmean is offline   Reply With Quote