SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-22, 10:37 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Total War Mobile

I did not know until last week, but there are conversions of Rome and Medieval II to Android and iPad. Rome is available on a number of older tablets, too, while the new Medieval II runs only on newer high end tablets.

I have tested Rome now in three 1-2 hours long sessions. And I am very surprised how good the portation works! Really, do not think of this as a toned down typical mobile game application of limited playing value, like typical for many Android games. This is the PC version put onto a tablet, and I miss nothing, some things even handle more intuitively, while some chnages in the handling needing a short time to ge tused to, but then work surpeisngly good and intuitive, too. You get not a smalle rversion of the game, but the original game, including the monumental battles and full strategy map gameplay. I am running this on a Samsung S6 Tablet with 10" screen. I suffered not a single crash, even in very huge battles. I immediately felt at home in this game again.

I'm very pleased! To me, Rome 1, Medieval 2 and Shogun 2 always were the best games in the Total War series. The price of 10 Euros is fair.

Medieval 2 was relesaed just a fe wmonths ago and may still need some patches, I do not know. Rome seems to eb aorund since 3 years, and as I said, it ran stable for me so far, Total Stability: Rome, so to speak. I plan to get Medieval 2 as well once I am through with my Rome campaign. I loved these games very much, and still do so.

The power of a PC from 15-20 years ago, now in the size of a 300 grams pocket book on your lap. Technology really has run away...