SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-12-20, 03:51 PM   #1
Sokolov
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Environment

I have installed 2 different mods for SH4, and wanted to install Environment (i mean just water and sky). So in my environment mod i have Env folder with all files rewriting original and scene.dat/ Shaders (i checked are the same). But i gotv very different picture on second mod. So what can influence on that? I looked that in different environments, there are files from Library folder - materials.dat, particles.dat. platforme.dat, but don't know what they do. May be some else. Anyway there are some file(s) that change the picture. Pls, help, who have any idea.
Old 06-12-20, 07:52 PM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

I'm not sure if this is the reason of your trouble, but most important mods like TMO, RFB, FOTRSU do already change the environment (water, underwater effects, wave effects, sky tone etc.), so loading a separate Environment mod over such mods will probably mess-up the game as a result.

In the TMO manual there is an important section which explains why not using such Environment mods together with TMO (point 13 in the FAQ). This can also be true with other mods. Here the extract :

------------------------------------------------------

13.) Can i run this super cool environmental mod with TMO?
An Environmental mod is now included in TMO, so you should not have to run anything extra. You
may prefer one mod over another, i can only recommend that you try TMO by itself before adding
mods of your own. A word of caution here with environmental mods in general: The authors of these
mods have done fantastic work and have made great strides. Unfortunately these mods may have
adverse effects on AI visual sensors, and possibly even AI underwater sensors. These ill effects will
also effect your watch crews ability to spot targets, being unable to see things that you can see clearly.
The environmental mod included in TM has been tweaked so this does not happen. So be advised that
by running other mods, you run the risk of upsetting how well the AI can visually detect things
----------------------------------------------

I hope this helps,
XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 02:11 AM   #3
Sokolov
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks, Xenon, i know this thing, not clearly understand how much this touch sensors, but anyway wanna get good picture.
Old 06-13-20, 10:27 AM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolov View Post
Thanks, Xenon, i know this thing, not clearly understand how much this touch sensors, but anyway wanna get good picture.

Have you maxed-out all grafic settings in the game? I would also set Vsynch=ON for smoother performance.

XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote