Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-23, 01:27 PM   #5566
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Not necessarily all Trump’s own doing. Considering Alvin Bragg is just keeping a campaign promise that got him elected.
Had Trump not (allegedly) committed crimes, he wouldn't now be in legal troubles.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 02:29 PM   #5567
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Trump’s own doing, really? How do you, me or anyone defend against an accuser who before he was even the DA pledged to prosecute you just to get more votes? That’s not serving justice. That’s a democrat fulfilling a political campaign promise, serving the democrat voters he made the promise too and nobody else. That’s why for six years I continue identifying this as nothing less than a boondoggle for self serving politicians and their party fanboys.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that after six years of accusations against one person and that person having never been found guilty of any of the charges or gone to jail. That one person keeps insisting he’s innocent, he just might just be telling the truth? And people wonder how a whole nation can be duped into following dictators.

Why people keep assuming it’s Trump’s fault is baffling. Six years of screaming little monkeys throwing poop on wall to see what sticks. Still haven’t figured out it. Leads me to think those screaming tribes of monkeys are either gullible morons or trolling. I just can’t believe anyone can be that stupid.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-07-23 at 09:15 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 02:42 PM   #5568
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I do not have that much knowledge about US law, I guess some laws are about the same here.

Here it is also illegal to post/book money on things which wasn't what I used the money for.

E.g.
I buy a yacht and book it as something else(so the Danish IRS doesn't know I got a yacht)

So maybe it's all political. For me it looks like the accusation on this specific case is genuin and not political. As Dowly wrote
"Trump could have paid Stormy Daniels out of his own pocket" Instead he bookmarked it as money to his Lawyer and that's illegal.

The rest of the 31 cases he's accused of could be nothing than Witch hunt on him or the cases is genuin.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 02:47 PM   #5569
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
"Trump could have paid Stormy Daniels out of his own pocket" Instead he bookmarked it as money to his Lawyer and that's illegal.

The rest of the 31 cases he's accused of could be nothing than Witch hunt on him or the cases is genuin.

Markus
He did pay out of his own pocket in both scenarios. He owns the company that paid the crooked lawyer and BTW he incurred a higher tax penalty doing it that way.

The other 33 charges are part of the same thing. Apparently he paid in 34 installments rather than a single lump sum so Bragg is making 34 separate charges out of it.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 03:15 PM   #5570
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Trump’s own doing, really? How do you, me or anyone defend against an accuser who pledged to prosecute you even before he was the DA?
Not committing crimes would be a good start.
Old 04-06-23, 03:46 PM   #5571
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
He did pay out of his own pocket in both scenarios. He owns the company that paid the crooked lawyer and BTW he incurred a higher tax penalty doing it that way.

The other 33 charges are part of the same thing. Apparently he paid in 34 installments rather than a single lump sum so Bragg is making 34 separate charges out of it.
Can you get a tax refund for paying a prostitute ? Maybe you can in US, here you can't.

Maybe he paid her from his own pocket, what he did is he bookmarked it as a fee to his lawyer..so he could get a refund.

If the laws are the same in your country as in my country-Then he has broken some tax rules.

The verdict will be a fine, not prison-On that I'm convinced.

Markus

Old 04-06-23, 04:00 PM   #5572
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Otto Harkaman is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 05:17 PM   #5573
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Can you get a tax refund for paying a prostitute ? Maybe you can in US, here you can't.

Maybe he paid her from his own pocket, what he did is he bookmarked it as a fee to his lawyer..so he could get a refund.

If the laws are the same in your country as in my country-Then he has broken some tax rules.

The verdict will be a fine, not prison-On that I'm convinced.

Markus

He didn't get a refund. He claimed the payments to the lawyer were for a service which is not tax deductible.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 07:36 PM   #5574
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
...and make no mistake, he would if he could.
Old 04-06-23, 07:57 PM   #5575
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

If Donald Trump had never run for president and we woke up one morning to find he had been indicted for falsifying business records, pretty much nobody over the age of 45 would have been surprised.

The fact that he may or may not hold your political views should not make a difference. Before The Apprentice, he was most famous as a con man.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-23, 07:01 PM   #5576
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
If Donald Trump had never run for president and we woke up one morning to find he had been indicted for falsifying business records, pretty much nobody over the age of 45 would have been surprised.

The fact that he may or may not hold your political views should not make a difference. Before The Apprentice, he was most famous as a con man.
Or given a hoot.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-23, 05:39 AM   #5577
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post

Good point. I didn't know much about him before his presidency, but quickly learned of him being known as bit of a shady character when it came to his businesses.
Old 04-08-23, 01:26 PM   #5578
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

A question about your American prison system

Background for the reason to my question

One of my American friend on FB said that she would be enormous satisfied when Trump is dressed in Orange from top to bottom.

I was about to write following on her wall.

Only murders shall wear orange clothes, Trump will wear something else with an another colour, I don't think his verdict will be prison though-

Tried to find info on colour of clothes in American prison.

Only thing I got is how bad the American prison system is(This is NOT what I'm asking about)

Then I remembered this thread

Markus

Old 04-08-23, 01:39 PM   #5579
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Trump’s own doing, really? How do you, me or anyone defend against an accuser who before he was even the DA pledged to prosecute you just to get more votes? That’s not serving justice. That’s a democrat fulfilling a political campaign promise, serving the democrat voters he made the promise too and nobody else. That’s why for six years I continue identifying this as nothing less than a boondoggle for self serving politicians and their party fanboys.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that after six years of accusations against one person and that person having never been found guilty of any of the charges or gone to jail. That one person keeps insisting he’s innocent, he just might just be telling the truth? And people wonder how a whole nation can be duped into following dictators.

Why people keep assuming it’s Trump’s fault is baffling. Six years of screaming little monkeys throwing poop on wall to see what sticks. Still haven’t figured out it. Leads me to think those screaming tribes of monkeys are either gullible morons or trolling. I just can’t believe anyone can be that stupid.
You are failing to take into account that while he was president nothing could be done about it. Now that he is a private citizen, the wheels of justice are moving at the normal pace which can take up to three years.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-23, 01:53 PM   #5580
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
You are failing to take into account that while he was president nothing could be done about it. Now that he is a private citizen, the wheels of justice are moving at the normal pace which can take up to three years.
What you fail to take into account is he made those payments before he was elected president. You also fail to take into account he’s been out of office for over two years now. You also fail to take into account the feds and the previous Democrat New York DA had over six years to investigate the matter and build a case against him. As much as I think they tried to come up with a solid case and would have loved to prosecute him and take the victory lap, none of them did. Now some two bit crooked scam artist made headlines by making it a campaign promise ‘to get trump’ so he could get elected. I standby what I said about Bragg, he isn’t interested in serving justice he was interested getting elected and serving the democrat voters which got him elected and so the show must go on!

It’s another boondoggle and dog and pony show. As Dershowitz mentioned even if you had the best lawyers defending you, it may be near impossible to defend against such a frenzied mob. But when the sensationalism settles the victory laps are done and Bragg and his voter base have finished patting themselves on the back. Because it was a boondoggle from the get go it will be easily overturned later on appeal.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-08-23 at 05:59 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote