Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 01-30-06, 04:52 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Steel Fury Discussion thread

Discuss Steel Fury here!
Please post any new mods releases here, then they can be added to the mods thread.
Anything Steel Fury, complaints, gripes, battle reports, videos, can be posted here, no reserve on the subject, but lets keep the discussion of mods and the mods thread separate.

Last edited by Sledgehammer427; 12-20-10 at 07:35 PM. Reason: re-doing threads - SH427

Old 01-04-10, 02:10 AM   #2
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default Re Steel Fury T34-85, Winter and other mods

Hi trek,

I saw your post on the Tvst34 thread about your problems with Steel Fury. I have 3 different installs of the game; one with Steel Panzer 1.3 and the Winter mod as a permanent install, one with Steel Fury 1.3 and the last one with Steel panzer 1.4 and all subsequent mods, including Sobolenskis missions(4 tough missions made b y Russuian modders on with the T34-76 the other with the T34/85), a Stug III campaign, the Friderikus with PZ III and PZ IV, the T34/85 mod and the most recent one with the T60 and 4 missions on the Soviet South campaign.

Where did you install those mods that don't work? I can check out my own game folder and tell you if there's somethin wrong with your install?

I am intrigued by your mod 0.97 Hetzer and Tiger? is it for Stweel Fury? If yes where can I download them?

Cheers

Frinik
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 03:46 AM   #3
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Tiger/JS2 mod for SF

For those interested in Steel Fury, the WYH/Stone 2009 duo has released the latest of their mods: following their T34/85 , T60 and Tank Trphy mods. It's a dual Tiger/JS2 mod. I downloaded it last night and it's wonderful! It works well and there's lots of action.It offers 4 German missions( taken from the Friedericus 1 campaign) with the Tiger and 4 Soviet ones with the JS2 (taken from the Soviet South Campaign).Not to be missed. To download it you'll have to go to the Sukoih.ru?forum website.It's in Russian but using auto translate you 'll have it in English( no Shakespeare but understandable).Then you 'll see the thread that deals with tank sim and inside one from Stone 2009 offering the download link( dated 26 December 2009 I believe).You have to install it on the Steel Panzer 1.4 version of the game( I don't think it works with the 1.3 version). If you already have the T34/85 mod enabled then it sir recommended to disenable it on the JGSM enabler before you enable the Tiger 0.97 mod.The instructions says that you need the Tank Trophy mod but I don't have it and the TIger/JS2 mods works fine.

Have fun!
Old 01-14-10, 08:35 AM   #4
woofiedog
Engineer

Downloads: 9

frinik... Thank's for posting the info.
Old 01-14-10, 12:15 PM   #5
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

+1

Frinik, if you could grab the download links, I will update the main post. I'm horrible at following directions sometimes :P
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-10, 10:38 PM   #6
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Sukhoi.ru link

Hi Sledgehammer; here's the link:http://forum.sukhoi.ru/search.php?searchid=2488968.
I recommend that you make sure that your computer can translate cyrillic characters into latin ones.I downloaded a new version yesterday called Tiger 0.98 mod, in addition to 4 missions with the Tiger Auf.H and another 4 with the JS2 you get an additional 4 missions with the KV2(one ugly tank!).TPlease note that the Sukhoi.ru/forum is similar in concept to the Subsim website except that it's dedicated to flight sims.

However, there is a search engine.Just type in Steel Fury and it will direct you straight to it.You 'll find many interesting threads from Stone20009 a Russian modder who makes most of the new SF mods and missions.

With T vs T being rejuvenated by Zee Wolf and Steel Fury being modded with new missions and tanks) on a regular basis these are good times indeed!
Old 01-17-10, 11:00 PM   #7
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Lc Summer

Ls , just check my previous messages ; I list the link to the Sukhoi.ru site where you can access the Tiger0.98 mod which includes 4 missions fwith the Tiger Auf H, 4 with the Soviet JS2 and another 4 with the KV2( one ugly tank!).Unfortuntaely as you will find out on the forum, the Hetzer and Panther are no longer available. The reason is that they modders took them straight out of a Red Orchestra mod. However once the modellers found out that some modders werre planning to use both Hetzer and Panther for SF they objected and as a result the mod for has been withdrawn.But take heart because Stone 2009 and some other modders are already working on the Panther and Hetzer and they will release thta mod before mid February.There's one mod with the SU152 , a hug Soviet self propelled gun but I haven't been able to make it work proprely.

Another good website to get downloads for TvsT, Steel Fury and others is the Tansim.ru website.

Good luck.

BTW, there's a new download of the T34/85 mod which makes it compatible with the Tiger 0.98 mod.It gives the T34/95 new optics( very nice ), new caterpillar threads.Remember to use these mods you need to have Steel Panzer version 1.4 installed.It does not work with previous versions of Steel Panzer.You can then install Steel fury sound mod or ffrontline accoustics,the T34/85 mod, the Trophy Mod and the Tiger 0.98.The T60 mosd is nor compatible with the Tiger 0.98 and needs to be diasbled if you have it.

Cheers
Old 01-17-10, 11:38 PM   #8
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

I tried both your link, and I dug into the forum myself and posted a link, and both came back with a "Page cannot be found" type error.

What I will do, in the next few days, is open up a new subfolder on my Mediafire account and download as many of these mods as I can and re-upload them on my page so they will be there for everyone who does not want to dig through the Cyrillic With proper mod credits.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-10, 12:02 AM   #9
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Sukhoi.ru link

This is Odd Sledgehammer because I bookmarked the Sukhoi page in my list of internet favourites and everytime I wish to read the forum I just click on it and bingo I get access to it without any problems(sometimes a broken link but I just click on refresh and I get the page).

What you can do is what I did orginally because the link posted by the Russian modders did not work for me either. So I just googled Sukhoi.ru and I got a page which lists all Sukhoi websites. Then in the middle of the page you will see sukhoi.ru forum.Click on that one and it will take you to the Aviaforum which is a forum dedicated to flight sims but includes one dedicated to tanksims including SF.I just click on translate on the upper right corner of the page and I get the Russian translated into more or less accurate English but I can fill in the gaps and make guesses when the translations are a bit off the mark.

Good luck!

If you have trouble getting to the Sukhoi.ru forum I can always posts the download links to the mods that you wish to have...

Cheers
Old 01-18-10, 11:41 AM   #10
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341

Thanks a lot, but its in russian and i cant read it.

At the bottom i pressed english but its in russian again, so no go for me.

Never mind, thanks for your efforts

LcSummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Ls , just check my previous messages ; I list the link to the Sukhoi.ru site where you can access the Tiger0.98 mod which includes 4 missions fwith the Tiger Auf H, 4 with the Soviet JS2 and another 4 with the KV2( one ugly tank!).Unfortuntaely as you will find out on the forum, the Hetzer and Panther are no longer available. The reason is that they modders took them straight out of a Red Orchestra mod. However once the modellers found out that some modders werre planning to use both Hetzer and Panther for SF they objected and as a result the mod for has been withdrawn.But take heart because Stone 2009 and some other modders are already working on the Panther and Hetzer and they will release thta mod before mid February.There's one mod with the SU152 , a hug Soviet self propelled gun but I haven't been able to make it work proprely.

Another good website to get downloads for TvsT, Steel Fury and others is the Tansim.ru website.

Good luck.

BTW, there's a new download of the T34/85 mod which makes it compatible with the Tiger 0.98 mod.It gives the T34/95 new optics( very nice ), new caterpillar threads.Remember to use these mods you need to have Steel Panzer version 1.4 installed.It does not work with previous versions of Steel Panzer.You can then install Steel fury sound mod or ffrontline accoustics,the T34/85 mod, the Trophy Mod and the Tiger 0.98.The T60 mosd is nor compatible with the Tiger 0.98 and needs to be diasbled if you have it.

Cheers
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-10, 12:15 PM   #11
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post
Thanks a lot, but its in russian and i cant read it.

At the bottom i pressed english but its in russian again, so no go for me.

Never mind, thanks for your efforts

LcSummers
When you google the link, do not click the link, click on translate this page. Good luck!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-10, 08:05 AM   #12
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke View Post
When you google the link, do not click the link, click on translate this page. Good luck!

Thanks alot, but its the same problem, but i found tiger mod 97

thanks guys
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-10, 10:24 PM   #13
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Tiger 0_98

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post
Thanks alot, but its the same problem, but i found tiger mod 97

thanks guys
Lc that mod has been updated to version 0.98.It includes a new tank, the Soviet KV2, with 4 new missions.Also the Tiger has now 5 Panzergranate 88 shells and 5 less pzgranate 39.It's got better armour protection in some places and the HE shells are a bit less powerful as per the original specs. Also that version is compatible with the T34/85 mod which now includes the T60 which you don't need to disenable whenever you want to play the Tiger one.The T34/85 has new, updated gunsights.All in all it's worth having the updated version.You can get it in the same thread just a a couple of pages after.
Old 01-20-10, 11:17 AM   #14
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

frinik,

Thanks for the info on the avia site. I did manage to get over there and download a lot of nice mods for Steel Fury. I have yet to find the Tiger 0.98 but will try to look for it soon.

If you can do me the favor, when you can post a Active Mod List from your JSGME setup in Steel Fury.

I want to get a sense of how you run your mods in Steel Fury once SF 1.4 is activated.

Thanks!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 11:32 PM   #15
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Steel Fury JGSME setup

Hi Wilcke, sorry I didn't read your post until I was in the office. I can't give you the set up of my JSGME right now but I can give you a rundown and then later once I am home I ll send you a pic of my active mod list.

What I can tell you is that I have 3 versions/installs of SF.

The one on the C;/ is my best updated one.It includes Steel Panzer 1.4 and all the recent mods.

I have another install on the D:/ with Steel Panzer 1.3 and some older single user missions .The reason I kept it is ebcause with Steel Panzer 1.4 some of the existing missions were made tougher and some other additional missions that came along with Steel Panzer 1.3 disappeared when I installed SP1.4.

Finally my last install of Sf is on the F:/ and is essentially SP 1.3 with the Winter Beta mod.I have there all the newly modded or created user made missions up until the summer 2009.I haven't updated the game because while it's nice to play SF in Winter mode I much prefer the summer foliage and green.

On my C;/ install I have in the mod enabler the following mods enabled in that order
- 1)Frontline accoustics 1.1
- 2)Steel Panzer 1.4
- 3)Steel Fury sounds mod
- 4)T34/85 mod( the most recent one updated 22 Dec 2009 to include the T60mod and new gunsights and other improvements.It converts 10 Soviet South campaign missions originally with T34/76 into T34/85 ones.

- 5)Trophy mod
- 6)Trophy mod skins
- 7)Tiger_0.98 which includes missions (4 each)with the Tiger I, the KV2 and the JS2

AI also have in the mod enabler but not enabled
-T34/85 mod (that one was an addon to the T34/85 mod and convert 5 user made missions in the Soboleiivky district originally with T34/76 but converted to T34/85.It also includeds 5 missions with the STug III C. These missions were made by Stone 2009 last summer).It cannot be enabled at the same time Tiger 0.98 mod enabled.
- Tiger_0.97 mod (does not have KV2 and othe rimprovement contained in version 0.98
-SU152 mod( it incorporates the feared SU152 in games but I haven't been able to make it work)
-data(not sure what this erves it came with one of my installs
- MODS( again not sure what ity's for but left it in the mods enabler)
-T60 mod which I no ,longer need now because it's included in new updated version of mod T34/85( the one I have enabled )

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Frinik