Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-28-20, 04:24 PM   #16
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Hong Kong, Taiwan, and a return to the status quo are probably what was promised to the Chinese by the democrats

Geht's noch...?

Psychologists call that a projection.

If there was a precedence for acting like you imply, then it were the Republicans versus Jimmy Carter, with the Republican side making a deal with Teheran to delay the hostage release until Reagan had won and Carter could not benefit from the release anymore.

https://consortiumnews.com/the-new-o...rprise-series/

The author is no unknown name to me, he was not some dubious backroom writer, but a highly prolific investigative journalist who came to fame with his role in the Iran contra affair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Parry_(journalist)

Of course, uncritical worshippers of Reagan and Republicanism absolutely dispise him.
Old 05-29-20, 11:13 AM   #17
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

I am bad
After you watch this you will never forget it or be the same again

What are the odds of a 90 year old woman just makin this stuff up?

What are the chances of the country she is talking about is Hong Kong?

Another prophet Dimitri Dudman prophesied more than once that America
would go to war with China and then WWIII would start with Russia sneak
attacking the USA to protect China.

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 12:52 PM   #18
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Trying to understand the step UK have taken by offer 300,000 of the citizens i HK a citizenship in UK.

HK is not under UK leadership anymore or is it ?

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 12:55 PM   #19
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Geht's noch...?
Psychologists call that a projection. [...]
I would be less polite, but i have stopped answering or commenting to certain posts
Popcorn reserves are in danger though ..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 01:09 PM   #20
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

China is facing mounting criticism over a planned security law for Hong Kong which would make it a crime to undermine Beijing's authority in the territory.

The UK and US said at a private session of the UN Security Council that the law would curtail the city's freedoms.

China, which blocked a formal meeting, warned them to "stop interfering".

Hong Kong's autonomy is guaranteed by the 1997 agreement under which it was returned to China from the UK.

It enjoys some freedoms - of the press and association - unseen in mainland China.

But there are fears the proposed law - which has sparked a wave of anti-mainland protests - could end Hong Kong's unique status.

This week, Britain said that if China went forward with the law, it could offer British National (Overseas) passport holders a path to UK citizenship.

There are 350,000 BNO passport holders in Hong Kong who currently have the right to visit the UK for up to six months without a visa.

On Friday, the UK Home Office confirmed the new rights could be given to up to three million people with BNO status - as long as they applied for and were granted a passport.

China says all BNO passport holders are Chinese nationals, and if the UK changes this practice, it would violate international law.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asi...eporting-story

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 01:36 PM   #21
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Trying to understand the step UK have taken by offer 300,000 of the citizens i HK a citizenship in UK.

HK is not under UK leadership anymore or is it ?

Markus
No, Brits gave up on Hong Kong years ago. It has since been part of China, governed by Beijing. Only thing Hong Kong retained after the transfer was a special economic status that allowed their economy to continue "business as usual" rather than change to the current Chinese communist way of doing things. I guess with all the civil unrest in Hong Kong directed at mainland China. Beijing cracked down and seems to have flushed Hong Kong's special economic status down the toilet as a way to quell the riots.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-29-20 at 01:47 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 02:08 PM   #22
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Not being a real part of China the island of Taiwan is a bit of a different story.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 05:35 AM   #23
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Not being a real part of China the island of Taiwan is a bit of a different story.
The burning question being....would the US act in its defence should it be attacked?

I'm confident they would if it were Japan.

Old 05-30-20, 06:01 AM   #24
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
No, Brits gave up on Hong Kong years ago. It has since been part of China, governed by Beijing. Only thing Hong Kong retained after the transfer was a special economic status that allowed their economy to continue "business as usual" rather than change to the current Chinese communist way of doing things. I guess with all the civil unrest in Hong Kong directed at mainland China. Beijing cracked down and seems to have flushed Hong Kong's special economic status down the toilet as a way to quell the riots.
The sequence of things I recall differently. There was not unrest that made Bejing crack down on Hongkong, but there was China trying to push through new legislation in HongKong allowing mainland secuirty forces and policies to take over huge parts of Hongkongs regional autonomy and freedoms and to have the decisive control. Against this the protests on the streets started. Now the mafiosi in bejing use this resistence as a strawman alibi foro their own violent push as excuse to solve the issue with brute force.

I never lived by the illusion that the autonomy of HongKong would last, I always based on the premisse that Bejing will take over Hongkong and bring it back into its Reich sooner or later. After all the chinese tick quite imperial. Now that it happens its nevertheless sad to see.

If fifteen years ago somebody would have told me that i would one day turn as anti-China and quite hostile to it as I have turned indeed by now, I would not have believed it. Not just because HongKong, however. Their whole totalitarian fascist system to me stands for everything that is evil, and sinister. Its an Orwellian nightmare empire surpassing Orwell by far.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-30-20 at 06:10 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 09:03 AM   #25
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Hong Kong was never really free of Chinese ifluence. I was last there in 77/78 and even then when at the mainland border point I recall walking along a street of shops and on the opposite side you could see Chinese soldiers with fixed bayonets similar to Berlin but without the wall.

Old 05-30-20, 12:22 PM   #26
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Now I'm a little diffused.

Didn't those demonstration start several month ago when the government in Hong Kong had planned on making/implement some law ?

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 02:37 PM   #27
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Yes, but the Chinese have had enough of the Hong Kong legislature failing to curb the problem and have now used it as an excuse (imho) to grasp total control of the territory.

Old 05-30-20, 02:53 PM   #28
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Just more practise for upcoming Taiwan, the disputed Indian/Kashmir region, Spratley Islands...all stemming from the unchallenged takeover of Tibet in '59 by a weak indetermined West... the real problem with an overpopulated planet of 8,000,000,000 +- is that 1,400,000,000+- of them are Chinese with a political agenda to be the dominant power on earth-their one-family-one-child policy now strategically discontinued; by every means possible incl. their aggrandizing RBI global policy The only real question left is: should I learn Mandrin or Xiang Sino-speke?

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 04:42 PM   #29
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

What really pisses me off is the fact that China is spreading BS about “How all the people in Hong Kong are nationalists” maybe some are, but maybe the majority of people want to have a democratic government.

I just wish we don’t have another Pearl Harbor but on a West Coast city or somewhere else.
Two Pearl Harbors in one century.
I really hope that we don’t go off to war, least I don’t want to have Nuclear War.
Honestly, I agree with Onkel here. We should just stop using China for our economy and then they will go down a notch maybe.

We should do what we did with Japan before WW2 was we just stopped importing or exporting supplies.
We should hope this doesn’t lead to war.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 05:00 PM   #30
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
[...] I agree with Onkel here. We should just stop using China for our economy and then they will go down a notch maybe.
Too late, they copied and stole so much, they are well able to do it all by themseves now. Which of course denies their legend of own innovation and all that.
We should indeed maintain and produce the basic and essential things "ourselves" (meaning the west here), from information exchange to medicine/drugs, and not let openly hostile régimes voluntarily rob us while them pretending to be more advanced.
We can see that e.g when it comes to Corona the chinese way obviously was not the best way to contain a pandemic, let alone it was caused by the very government pretending to be "superior".
They really state that democracy is a thing of the 20ieth century, and that the chinese way is the right way for the future (lmAo). Maybe their own populaion believes that due to the censorship and brainwashing, but it will be hard to convince US.
At least i hope so..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote