SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-07, 05:24 PM   #16
Hawk U-375
Engineer

Downloads: 518
Uploads: 0

Ahhhh this is only the BEGINNING!!!!!!!
Hawk U-375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 05:26 PM   #17
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Unfortunately I'm still getting the bug that creates large numbers of gunners' bodies. I counted more than 60 of them when I tried the mod. I tested it with a stock SH3 ship (NKLS) just to make sure, and I got the same result. The gunners still have helmets in midair, and they lose them when they hit the water. The cargoes I used were Fuel and Ammunition. Also, the cartridge belts were still on the models; are they supposed to be gone or was this something you'll take care of later?

Everything else seems OK, though.

iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 05:33 PM   #18
Huskalar
Ensign

Downloads: 176

Great work, thanks Racerboy!!
Huskalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 05:48 PM   #19
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife
Unfortunately I'm still getting the bug that creates large numbers of gunners' bodies. I counted more than 60 of them when I tried the mod. I tested it with a stock SH3 ship (NKLS) just to make sure, and I got the same result. The gunners still have helmets in midair, and they lose them when they hit the water. The cargoes I used were Fuel and Ammunition. Also, the cartridge belts were still on the models; are they supposed to be gone or was this something you'll take care of later?

Everything else seems OK, though.

cartridge belts I didn't have time to fix yet. Those will be fixed in the next release. I just have to import them back in.
This gunner body thing is very peculiar :hmm: It's the stock body if it has a helmet on it. I will look through the files again and see if I missed something
From looking at the screenie those bodies have white shirts on denoting they are a deckhand.....can you by chance, next time it happens, get me a close up of the body above and under water? I can narrow down where it's being 'made' by the position and skin it's using.

EDIT: my bad, you said they were wearing helmets in mid-air and lost them when they hit the water.....got it!
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 05:49 PM   #20
slow_n_ez
Officer

Downloads: 0

Thanks RB .. .... I alnog with the others have been waiting patiently for the release of your hard work .... Thanks for making the game alot more interesting and fun
slow_n_ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:37 PM   #21
mopedmoppel
Bosun

Downloads: 34

I think it looks very good
....good work !!!
Old 10-28-07, 06:40 PM   #22
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25
Default I laught at all the bodies.

I was surprised to see the bodies flying.:rotfl:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/Funshot4.jpg
I wasn't expecting this to show up. This guy really flew!
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../funshots3.jpg
Nice FX!
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/funshot2.jpg
Looks like the water trail after the bow continues after the boat blows up.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../funshots1.jpg
I thought just peices of boat. Nope dead bodies!:rotfl:

I love it! Wow that was fun.
Old 10-28-07, 06:50 PM   #23
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

has anyone external cam'd out next to the ship being hunted to hear the new sound effects? If not, I highly recommend it.
If by chance you hit a storm and you're underwater on the hydrophone and lightning just happens to hit in the direction you're listening to you'll get a little sound surpise
To me the game feels more alive now, like the ships aren't drones.
v2.03 will expand on sounds...whistles, horns, PA announcements on the ships (all these are if you're close enough to hear them or your in external cam next to the ship). There's just so much to do and not enough time!!
Old 10-28-07, 07:10 PM   #24
MONOLITH
Grey Wolf

Well done Racerboy. Brilliant.

Bravo.

Between this and OLC's GIU and the U-jagd tools... SH3 has never been better.
Old 10-28-07, 07:36 PM   #25
slow_n_ez
Officer

GREAT ! love those small 'after explosions' and the realistic fire burning ......

The flares ..... 2 ships on fire I have noticed will shoot their distress flares ( sometimes 2 of them ) but into the water and not upward ...... One ship I saw actually shot them upward but only after they was sinking but not under attack .... another ship didn't shoot anything .............

Planes also i notice shoot flares ... right at me while they are on the way to the water in a ball of fire .... maybe they feel they'll get lucky or something

You put alot of work into this and I for one appreiciate it very much ... Thanks
slow_n_ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 08:02 PM   #26
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_n_ez
GREAT ! love those small 'after explosions' and the realistic fire burning ......

The flares ..... 2 ships on fire I have noticed will shoot their distress flares ( sometimes 2 of them ) but into the water and not upward ...... One ship I saw actually shot them upward but only after they was sinking but not under attack .... another ship didn't shoot anything .............

Planes also i notice shoot flares ... right at me while they are on the way to the water in a ball of fire .... maybe they feel they'll get lucky or something

You put alot of work into this and I for one appreiciate it very much ... Thanks
The planes that shot flares, how high were they above the water? Were they right near the surface when this happened?
The ships that shot flares into the water, were they already underwater when this happened?
It's possible that some ship don't shoot any flares at all
Old 10-28-07, 09:15 PM   #27
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Old 10-28-07, 09:39 PM   #28
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
Quote:

The planes that shot flares, how high were they above the water? Were they right near the surface when this happened?
The ships that shot flares into the water, were they already underwater when this happened?

Just ran the torpedo lesson in the naval school, and all the ships that fired flares, fired them into the water. Ships were still level afloat at the time, not on any sort of angle.

Still, this mod, along with the OLC interface make this game soooo great.

Thank You so very much guys.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 09:41 PM   #29
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by d@rk51d3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
Quote:

Just ran the torpedo lesson in the naval school, and all the ships that fired flares, fired them into the water. Ships were still level afloat at the time, not on any sort of angle.

Still, this mod, along with the OLC interface make this game soooo great.

Thank You so very much guys.
what caused the flares to shoot? Was it an explosion of cargo on deck? or??
Old 10-28-07, 10:35 PM   #30
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

I think they fired as the ship began to sink, ie: "she's going down". (it was the small tanker in the training mission) about 5 flares were fired, most in the same direction off the port side, one off the bow, all into the water. Ship was aflame, afloat and level, with the deck just taking on a bit of splash here and there.

Similar results with the other small merchants.

Still cool anyway.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote