Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 03-11-10, 04:50 AM   #46
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Unfortunately my monitor is restricted to 1680 x1050 so no uber- screen res for me,yet.

I did run 3D Mark on both cards and the Nvidia smoked the ATI.
One thing I did notice.With the ATI my CPU test results were almost halved.
I'm no technical guru but I assume that the ATI must place more demand on the CPU? I don't know,maybe it was a glitch.I only ran the test once for each card.

Anyway,later today I will swap cards over.Gin at the ready
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 12:34 AM   #47
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Graphic cards

Chucky from what I read of graphic card comparisons on the net it's pretty much a toss-up between Nvidia and ATI Radeon.They tend to follow each others innovation and everytime one comes up with something nw the other follows a few days or weeks later with something similar.

I think in order to compare you have to compare similar gcs with similar specs.Your ATI may be less performing because it is aore ancine t designs.These days one year is like what 10 years used to be in the old days in terms of technological progress.This year's model is next year'
s antique!Just an example, I have a SONY VAIO 2003 laptop which at the time was considered one the best and most advanced notebook( not to mention expensive).Well it's got barely 1.6 gig processor, 256 mb RAM,40 gigs hardisk and a 32 mb graphic card.For the same price I paid it now I get at least a 2.0gb processor, 3 gb RAM, 320 gb hard disk and a 512 mb graphic card.It's amazing how fast electronics change!

One thing I like abotu Nvidia which ATI should emulate is the graphic card control pannel that comes with it and allows you to tailor the settings according to your tastes and your pcs /laptop's capacity.

Chucky, careful with the gin when you swap cards; the last thing you want is putting your credit card in your pc and your graphic card in your wallet....

Cheers!
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote