SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-07-20, 10:03 AM   #1516
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
What i have noticed with this awesome MFM 3.3 Improved + SH3 Commander skin pack, is some ships doesn’t have any flags but painting on hull.
That’s very nice but: Greece painting on hull —-> was ennemy ship while should be neutral. Same for Sweden paintings, Norwegian...
I suspect SH3 doesn’t take account of those painting... and could be quite confusing
Use the F1 key info. to help determine what year a country is friend or foe. Or if in a convoy, evading, etc.

Here's a post older than MFM 3.3 from Iambecomelife.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...14&postcount=6

Also make sure your flags.dat file corresponds to your current install.
Old 04-07-20, 11:14 AM   #1517
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

Reading his post, it was to simulate neutrals carrying cargo to ennemy...

But in fact, even with neutrals painting on hull such as Norway in 1939, they remains ennemies as they are zigzagging and could fire at me if they had cannons!
The Greek painted one in 41 fired at me even though Greece was not German ennemy (nor on the map, nor in reality)
I sank a Norway painted (by accident ) in 41, and he was counted as ennemy ship sunk.

On other side, the ships who have flags (floating on mast) are keeping their real status. They don’t zigzag nor fire at you.

So best is to remain hidden with this mod, even with official neutrals painted on hull. If they don’t show flag on any mast, but hull painted, it’s sure it’s an ennemy
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 11:23 AM   #1518
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Reading his post, it was to simulate neutrals carrying cargo to ennemy...

But in fact, even with neutrals painting on hull such as Norway in 1939, they remains ennemies as they are zigzagging and could fire at me if they had cannons!
The Greek painted one in 41 fired at me even though Greece was not German ennemy (nor on the map, nor in reality)
I sank a Norway painted (by accident ) in 41, and he was counted as ennemy ship sunk.

On other side, the ships who have flags (floating on mast) are keeping their real status. They don’t zigzag nor fire at you.

So best is to remain hidden with this mod, even with official neutrals painted on hull. If they don’t show flag on any mast, but hull painted, it’s sure it’s an ennemy
British must have got a hold of those ships.

In Blair's books, Greek and Norwegian ships were sunk pretty much at will for various reasons.
Old 04-07-20, 11:52 AM   #1519
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
British must have got a hold of those ships.

In Blair's books, Greek and Norwegian ships were sunk pretty much at will for various reasons.
The issue being how much renown you lose by sinking a "neutral" ship.

The only way to be sure is to get close enough to see if they start zig-zagging. If they do, then they are a valid target. If not, then they truly are neutral.

I think it adds to the atmosphere to not be 100% certain to the point that you let a "neutral" go by when it might be considered a valid target (or likewise, sinking targets that end up costing you renown in-game).
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 12:06 PM   #1520
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post

The only way to be sure is to get close enough to see if they start zig-zagging. If they do, then they are a valid target. If not, then they truly are neutral.

I think it adds to the atmosphere to not be 100% certain to the point that you let a "neutral" go by when it might be considered a valid target (or likewise, sinking targets that end up costing you renown in-game).
Or if no regular flag floating somewhere on ship —-> certainly an enemy.

I like the way of finding out who is who...reminds me OM mod for SH4, who has same ships of this author...with same incertitude.
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 12:24 PM   #1521
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post

Problem is in some installs you can get dinged for sinking a neutral ship when you shouldn't be.
The renown problem can be changed in the basic.cfg is desired.
Old 04-07-20, 12:55 PM   #1522
U301
Officer

Downloads: 782

Iambecomelife,
Many thanks for this fantastic mod!
To my fellow kaleuns Guta Jadt!
KUrtz
U301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-21, 10:59 AM   #1523
Nemesis Bosseret
Mate

Downloads: 88

This looks cool as hell.
I really want to install this in my current playthrough. Im a little confused on where in my mod load order where i should put it though. Currently running with GWX gold, and hard coded fixes along with several gui and visual mods to improve the graphics of the game.

Is it possible to install this mid career as long as i dock before i install it? Do i need to actually end my patrol first or could i dock with a Tender and then install? Im currently in a Type 9 down by Gibraltar and been on a killing spree totally embarrassing the hell outta the royal navy deck gunning during daylight in the straights, did a harbor raid on Gibraltar and got two cruisers an ASW tug and torped the Nelson but it didn't sink lol. asking so i don't ruin my current run of mayhem of 47,000 and i still got 8 torps left.
Nemesis Bosseret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-21, 11:27 AM   #1524
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Bosseret View Post
This looks cool as hell.
I really want to install this in my current playthrough. Im a little confused on where in my mod load order where i should put it though. Currently running with GWX gold, and hard coded fixes along with several gui and visual mods to improve the graphics of the game.

Is it possible to install this mid career as long as i dock before i install it? Do i need to actually end my patrol first or could i dock with a Tender and then install? Im currently in a Type 9 down by Gibraltar and been on a killing spree totally embarrassing the hell outta the royal navy deck gunning during daylight in the straights, did a harbor raid on Gibraltar and got two cruisers an ASW tug and torped the Nelson but it didn't sink lol. asking so i don't ruin my current run of mayhem of 47,000 and i still got 8 torps left.
It can be installed more or less anywhere in your mod list, depending on what that list is. There are not many files from other mods, etc. it will overwrite but if it gives that message when installing, just do any changed required.
You should have the 4gb patch installed (sounds like you do via H.sie's patch) to run it though and also only install it in your home port between patrols.
Old 03-11-21, 01:58 PM   #1525
Nemesis Bosseret
Mate

Quote:
It can be installed more or less anywhere in your mod list, depending on what that list is. There are not many files from other mods, etc. it will overwrite but if it gives that message when installing, just do any changed required.
You should have the 4gb patch installed (sounds like you do via H.sie's patch) to run it though and also only install it in your home port between patrols.
Thank you. My current mod list is;
Grey Wolves Expansion
Sh3 Commander
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
Rubini´s Underwater dust&plancton v1
M.E.P v6
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6
Optional - FSF for MEP v6
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation No Eagle
German U-Boats Compilation 2 (only VIIB & VIIC models by WISE)
FixAllSubGWX
ARB WideGui 1920x1080 V3
Adaptation for English & Deutsch
Sh3_volumetric_clouds&fog_V2.2
Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final
M.E.P v6- VisualSensors for GWX3
H.sie Hard-coded fixes.
Unit damage from smoke and/or fires

there is a few mods i want to add to this list including MFM. Id like to add in the Torpedo damage mod and TMT v2 + Thomsens Ships - Combimod. but im not sure were in the load order i should put them. or if i should use Thomesens app as well. Last time i tinkered with it i corrupted my save and had to start over. Really dont want to screw that up again because im on a really good run.
Old 03-11-21, 02:56 PM   #1526
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Thank you. My current mod list is;
Grey Wolves Expansion
Sh3 Commander
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
Rubini´s Underwater dust&plancton v1
M.E.P v6
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6
Optional - FSF for MEP v6
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation No Eagle
German U-Boats Compilation 2 (only VIIB & VIIC models by WISE)
FixAllSubGWX
ARB WideGui 1920x1080 V3
Adaptation for English & Deutsch
Sh3_volumetric_clouds&fog_V2.2
Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final
M.E.P v6- VisualSensors for GWX3
H.sie Hard-coded fixes.
Unit damage from smoke and/or fires

there is a few mods i want to add to this list including MFM. Id like to add in the Torpedo damage mod and TMT v2 + Thomsens Ships - Combimod. but im not sure were in the load order i should put them. or if i should use Thomesens app as well. Last time i tinkered with it i corrupted my save and had to start over. Really dont want to screw that up again because im on a really good run.
I'm not familiar with many of those mods but don't see anything that would be a conflict.
Try it out in port and see if you get any overwriting warning messages from JSGME.
Regarding adding mods, in general the more you add the higher chance of problems especially ctds.
Old 03-11-21, 03:31 PM   #1527
Nemesis Bosseret
Mate

Quote:
I'm not familiar with many of those mods but don't see anything that would be a conflict.
Try it out in port and see if you get any overwriting warning messages from JSGME.
Regarding adding mods, in general the more you add the higher chance of problems especially ctds.
When i get off work ill get my boat into port and then give it a try. ill make multiple back up saves
Old 03-11-21, 04:05 PM   #1528
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
When i get off work ill get my boat into port and then give it a try. ill make multiple back up saves
Copy your career to a spare folder too. That way you can simply paste it back if problems arise.
Old 03-11-21, 05:33 PM   #1529
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Copy your career to a spare folder too. That way you can simply paste it back if problems arise.
More importantly... make a back up copy of your game save folder... after activating a good solid mod soup. That way, if you add any new mods (as it were) then you have a safe back up copy to go to in the event things go south. Info I learned the hard way to do... & passing it on so others don't have to learn it that way...

As it is, no need to really do a whole lot of in game saves... best if you can avoid doing so... just My .02 cents worth on that subject... unlike SH4, which does game save housekeeping getting rid of older game saves as they add up until a point in which then the housekeeper comes out & tidies up the folder.. only keeping the most current saves , sadly SH3 doesn't.

Hope this info helps.

M. M.

Old 03-11-21, 06:17 PM   #1530
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
More importantly... make a back up copy of your game save folder... after activating a good solid mod soup. That way, if you add any new mods (as it were) then you have a safe back up copy to go to in the event things go south. Info I learned the hard way to do... & passing it on so others don't have to learn it that way...

As it is, no need to really do a whole lot of in game saves... best if you can avoid doing so... just My .02 cents worth on that subject... unlike SH4, which does game save housekeeping getting rid of older game saves as they add up until a point in which then the housekeeper comes out & tidies up the folder.. only keeping the most current saves , sadly SH3 doesn't.

Hope this info helps.

M. M.

The save folder is part of the career folder.