SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-20-20, 07:25 PM   #1
dpearson
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default How to Change Grey Ship Icons on GWX3

I just downloaded Silent Hunter 3 (after reading the review on 4 and 5 I didn't want to waste my money on them) and after playing about 16 patrols and reading more about this game online and on SubSim, I decided to get the GWX3 mod. After spending the entire day basically teaching myself to mod and install mods, I finally have the game where I want it to be with one exception. I don't know how to read the German writing on the ship identification book in the game and I honestly preferred the red ship icons for enemy, blue and green for neutral/allied.
Can someone please tell me how to simply get my ships to appear as Red for enemies again...
I feel like I will have so much time in playing this game if I can only get this last problem fixed.

Also, Ive been a huge Total War guy my entire life since Shogun 1, and I had played a game similar to this Silent Hunter 3 on my phone which is why I took a leap of faith in playing it and I am glad I did. To any of you experienced submariners out there... is SH4 and SH5 that bad that its not worth $10-15 to play? Id love some feedback.

But first, please help me with these stupid Grey Ship Icons. If I wanted it that real Id just become an actual Sub Commander
dpearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 07:52 PM   #2
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi dpearson A Warm Welcome to Subsim Sir the Mod you Need is GWX Contact Colour Mod download link Below
just put in the JSGME Mod enabler and active it

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...?do=file&id=33
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-20, 04:35 AM   #3
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

@dpearson,

I play on both SH3 & SH4, like you I also play GWX, I mostly play as a ship, as I do in SH4 as well, just me preference.

SH4 as you know is mainly played in the Asian theatre and you are on the Allied side as American or British, there are lots of mods for it plus there is also the U-Boat Missions addon that you can play as well.
Give it a try and see what you think, I do have SH5 and again that has mods too you can apply, but it's a matter of preference, some like it some don't.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-20, 06:46 AM   #4
dpearson
Nub

Downloads: 5

Installed the color mod. Thanks

Which is better SH3, SH4, or SH5? or if you would even just rank them 1,2,3. Im thinking about playing a little bit of all of them.

What are the differences in them if any?
dpearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-20, 09:03 AM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

dpearson!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote