SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-30-10, 05:46 AM   #1
Poul
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] BLACK SEA. «30 Unterseebootflottille»

HISTORY of 30th FLOTILLA. BLACK SEA.

Only for mod «GWX 3.0 Gold».
Only operations on Black sea.

In «Silent Hunter III» this theme is very badly made. For example, at east coast of Black sea the Soviet bases were on distance of 15-20 km from each other. In the project «Sillent Hunter» them only three! Besides - their names are mixed. Dates of operations are incorrectly made. And many other things about Black sea 1942-1944. It is strange! Magnificent "Silent Hunter III", has been made by guys of Romania. 12 Romanian submarines participated in operations of Black sea (and one Italian submarine). But they have told nothing about it. And about many other things also.

I was in these areas. I have many times dived into the sea near to east coast. From Sukhumi to Sochi. I have many times dived into the sea near to coast of Crimea. I have plunged into these waters. I saw this sea-bottom. This theme is interesting to me.

Therefore I have made this project.

It is analogue of my projects:

«Mediterranean: Sea All Battles» - about fights 23 and 29th flotilla in Mediterranean sea and

«Red Baltic» - about fights at capture of the Baltic coast, Moonzud archipelago and gulf of Finland.

All operations real. All actions, events, dates and time - too historically authentic. I worked with this project more half a year. Used many the historical literature, archives, memoirs.

Tactics of German submarines on Black sea:

They approached to east coast. Communications along the Caucasian coast were under a strong covering. Submarines a lot of time were to depth. As it rescued them from blows of the Soviet planes. They emerged on depth of a periscope when heard noise of ship propellers. Very often - one ship was accompanied by many ships охранения. Therefore it was necessary to attack on the big distance. Submarines operated in the conditions of the absolute control from air and strong anti-submarine defence on the Soviet communications.

Especially on approaches to ports of basing of the Soviet Navy fleet on Black sea:

Gelendjik, Tuapse, Poti, Batum, Novorossisk (after September, 16th, 1943).

But no German submarine of 30th flotilla has been sunk by the ships of the Soviet anti-submarine defence.

«U-9» has been sunk in Constance by the Soviet aircraft on August, 20th, 1944.
(In game you can see it after August, 20th: 500 metres on the east from a pier in Constance on depth of 17 metres.)

«U-18» and «U-24» — are flooded in Constance by the crews five days later, on August, 25th.
(In game you can see them after August, 25th: 6.2 km on the east from Constance on depth of 28 metres.)

«U-19», «U-20», «U-23» - Other three boats have been flooded by the crews on September, 10th, 1944 at coast of Turkey in connection with capture by the Soviet Armies of all ports at coast of Black sea.
(In game you can see them after September, 10th: three km on the north from Turkish port Zonguldak On depth of 160 metres. If you can survive before this date.).

What the new?

The main thing - historical real dates of events and seaports new. Real co-ordinates and names of ports at east coasts of Black sea and sea of Azov. Also at coasts of Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria.

Two new German sea bases: Feodosiya and Sevastopol. It historically originally. From the middle 1943 some submarines Were based there. You will be moved there to corresponding time.

On a map of the navigator now there are names of islands and new harbours. They are very important for historical reliability. There there will
be real operations. In due time. New harbours are present at game too. There the ships. Movement and protection in ports. Coastal artillery.
Waterway. Mines and nets. Only there are no port buildings. But they symbolically have a floating beacon.

Sound: on rafts seamen shout in Russian.

Users of Russian variant of this project will have possibility to accept the radiogramms. In Russian. There they will receive all necessary updatings and orders from the Commander of 30th flotilla. And always to be in a proper place in due time. Also dates and time of all events. Real historical time of all exits in campaigns and returnings from campaigns of all submarines of 30th flotilla. Also their adventures.

But I the disgusting expert of English language. I cannot make a clear translation into English.

Black Sea (Engl):

http://www.mediafire.com/?0w3om5r7in9c58o

Russian variant - Black Sea (Ru):

http://www.mediafire.com/?i8z7385b4c5zf8v
Poul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 07:06 AM   #2
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

A big thank you Poul !
i enjoyed very much the ''Mediterranean: Sea All Battles'' when you released it !
for me ,your mods are 'must have' mods
very good job .

ps: just for my mod collection : did you (or someone else) ever made an english version of your ''Red_Baltic_is_1941_year'' ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 07:24 AM   #3
Jankowski
Frogman

Downloads: 17

sounds intresting! i especcially like the extra etails of the sunken submarines! i cant wait to try it out!
Jankowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 09:45 AM   #4
Poul
Machinist's Mate

Thanks, Jankowski. I hope - this mod will be interesting to you!

Thanks, makman94 for your good words about "Mediterranean: _ Sea_All_Battles". This opinion of the person which lives in Mediterranean sea. It is very valuable to me! It means that I there have made few errors! I hope that "Black_Sea" will not disappoint also. "Red_Baltic_is_1941_year" have erased from FailFront. But if it is interesting that - I will load this project again.
Old 08-03-10, 07:28 AM   #5
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poul View Post
.... "Red_Baltic_is_1941_year" have erased from FailFront. But if it is interesting that - I will load this project again...
you don't understand me Poul ! i have the "Red_Baltic_is_1941_year".is there other version ? i am asking you if there is an ENGLISH version of red baltic

and also if there ever made by you (or others) a FULL ENGLISH messages for all years at ''Mediterranean_Sea_All_Battles_(Engl)''.

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10, 05:40 PM   #6
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

Dear Poul,

This IS one of the coolest campaign mods in SHIII ever. A brief history covering an intense land campaign where the German navy actually played an important role with the little canoes.

Soo cool. I will make the mod mandatory for our R-P gaming site, "The Wolves at war" in its 5:th version soon to start up.

Great work matey!!!

Cheers

/Per

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 07:08 AM   #7
Jankowski
Frogman

Downloads: 17

my internet has been acting funny, so i havnt been able to download it. but could you post some pics of this mod/campaign up?
Jankowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 02:56 PM   #8
Borgneface
Captain

Downloads: 657

Hello Poul,
I am going to try your Black sea campaign looks fantastic.
Just one question...
Tere is a folder called "Maps" where must i copy this folder, I caanot find the installation instruction for this?

Kind regards et merci

Old 08-06-10, 02:22 AM   #9
Poul
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
you don't understand me Poul ! i have the "Red_Baltic_is_1941_year".is there other version ? i am asking you if there is an ENGLISH version of red baltic

and also if there ever made by you (or others) a FULL ENGLISH messages for all years at ''Mediterranean_Sea_All_Battles_(Engl)''.

bye
OK. Is not present - nobody did English versions "FULL ENGLISH messages" for these mods.
Old 08-06-10, 02:23 AM   #10
Poul
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOZO View Post
Dear Poul,

This IS one of the coolest campaign mods in SHIII ever. A brief history covering an intense land campaign where the German navy actually played an important role with the little canoes.

Soo cool. I will make the mod mandatory for our R-P gaming site, "The Wolves at war" in its 5:th version soon to start up.

Great work matey!!!

Cheers

/Per
Thanks. It is very pleasant.
Old 08-06-10, 02:29 AM   #11
Poul
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankowski View Post
my internet has been acting funny, so i havnt been able to download it. but could you post some pics of this mod/campaign up?
But it is usual pictures for SH3: aviation attacks, deep bombs, maneuvers of evasion from bombardment from destroyers. "Routine" of a fighting life of submariners.
Old 08-06-10, 02:30 AM   #12
Poul
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgneface View Post
Hello Poul,
I am going to try your Black sea campaign looks fantastic.
Just one question...
Tere is a folder called "Maps" where must i copy this folder, I caanot find the installation instruction for this?

Kind regards et merci

No, no. These maps not for installation. These simply information on areas of battles of the Black Sea theater. But I can place and them in game. They will be visible on a map of the navigator. Instead of tables for calculations of speed.
Old 08-06-10, 05:40 AM   #13
Borgneface
Captain

Salute Poul,
Thank you very much for your fast reply. I will start the campaign this week end

Amicalement
Old 08-07-10, 06:46 AM   #14
Borgneface
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgneface View Post
Salute Poul,
Thank you very much for your fast reply. I will start the campaign this week end

Amicalement
This might sound a silly question, But is started the black sea campaign ylast night. I had printed all the maps with names in Russian, not a problem...but for the 1st patrol I need to patrol Grid OST.....does it mean the EAST part of the map (10.1942 Tuapse Batu area? Cause their is no grid with number ort names on the maps?
Merci
Old 08-07-10, 06:51 AM   #15
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poul View Post
But it is usual pictures for SH3: aviation attacks, deep bombs, maneuvers of evasion from bombardment from destroyers. "Routine" of a fighting life of submariners.

Hello Poul !

Short question to the above pictures:

What did you use for an Environment MOD ? It looks really nice !

Best regards,
Magic