SUBSIM Radio Room Forums



SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Get ready for a whole new level of realism!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-22, 07:18 PM   #1
hunter301
Sonar Guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Central Florida, USA
Posts: 376
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default Great Deal on Steam for SH4 & U-Boat Upgrades

For anyone looking to get back into the SH4 with U-boat Missions that also patches the original game to V1.5 Steam is offering the SH4 original version for $2.49 and the U-Boat upgrade which patches the original version to V1.5 for an additional $2.49.
Great deal and everything works fine.
Only last for a short time so get it now.
__________________
"Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed.
Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land."- The Lawgiver

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 09:21 PM   #2
Xerxes
Bosun
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 65
Downloads: 51
Uploads: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
For anyone looking to get back into the SH4 with U-boat Missions that also patches the original game to V1.5 Steam is offering the SH4 original version for $2.49 and the U-Boat upgrade which patches the original version to V1.5 for an additional $2.49.
Great deal and everything works fine.
Only last for a short time so get it now.

Make sure to buy the individual items, not the bundle, the bundle is full price for some reason.
__________________
Quote:
“There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people." -Heinz Guderian
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 10:18 PM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral
 
Mad Mardigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi.
Posts: 2,293
Downloads: 480
Uploads: 0


wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
For anyone looking to get back into the SH4 with U-boat Missions that also patches the original game to V1.5 Steam is offering the SH4 original version for $2.49 and the U-Boat upgrade which patches the original version to V1.5 for an additional $2.49.
Great deal and everything works fine.
Only last for a short time so get it now.
SH4 Wolves of the Pacific, is v1.4 & is just sub simming with fleet boats... only.


SH4 Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions/stories, is v1.4 w/ Uboats in the Pacific, added in in a limited fashion, making this v1.5

v1.5, can be purchased solo & used to play SH4... without having to have v1.4, just so you know.


I have Steam access to SH3, both v1.4 & 1.5 of SH4 & SH5... I picked all those up in a 3-for-1 pack deal... for back at the time, for $21 & some change.

They do, offer that pack deal, every so often, just have to catch it when they do... not sure what the price for it is now, though...







M. M.
__________________
Mad Mardigan is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 06:25 PM   #4
hunter301
Sonar Guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Central Florida, USA
Posts: 376
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Icon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
SH4 Wolves of the Pacific, is v1.4 & is just sub simming with fleet boats... only.


SH4 Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions/stories, is v1.4 w/ Uboats in the Pacific, added in in a limited fashion, making this v1.5

v1.5, can be purchased solo & used to play SH4... without having to have v1.4, just so you know.


I have Steam access to SH3, both v1.4 & 1.5 of SH4 & SH5... I picked all those up in a 3-for-1 pack deal... for back at the time, for $21 & some change.

They do, offer that pack deal, every so often, just have to catch it when they do... not sure what the price for it is now, though...







M. M.
Yeah but it doesn't beat $5.00 lol.
Was having so many issues getting it to load up on Windows 10 I didn't want to drop another $20 to $40 to download from Steam until this deal came along.
Not only was it a great deal but it already had the problems fixed with the .dll problems that I was having with the original games.
So glad to see we can still play these classics from so long ago.
While they continue to improve the U-boat versions Nobody's ever done anything other than MODs for the U.S. WW2 sub fleet since this game came out.
SAD!!
__________________
"Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed.
Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land."- The Lawgiver

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 08:49 PM   #5
Mad Mardigan
Admiral
 
Mad Mardigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi.
Posts: 2,293
Downloads: 480
Uploads: 0


wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
Yeah but it doesn't beat $5.00 lol.
Was having so many issues getting it to load up on Windows 10 I didn't want to drop another $20 to $40 to download from Steam until this deal came along.
Not only was it a great deal but it already had the problems fixed with the .dll problems that I was having with the original games.
So glad to see we can still play these classics from so long ago.
While they continue to improve the U-boat versions Nobody's ever done anything other than MODs for the U.S. WW2 sub fleet since this game came out.
SAD!!
NOT... entirely, true.

There are 2 Uboat mod sets, especially built off of & based off of SH4.

The 1st, is Operation Monsun: Dark Waters v6, done up by Fifi...

The same Fifi, that has done very good enhancements for LSH3 2020 & I believe also LSH3 2022, as well. CCoM v12, as well as NYGM.

Note that there are some weeeee minor glitches, bugs with it but... outside of that, it is still... quite good.

This set, will call for you to set up... & for now, Fifi, has stepped back from updating it.

Is a couple of others that have done some fixes & am sure that they would be accommodating to forward their fixes, if asked for them.

Just make sure to have v1.5 of SH4 (which would be SH4 - Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat missions)

OM: DW v6, found here:


https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=243322



The other one, that is also good as well... is:

KSD II: Ace Ed. v1.41


This 1, is a full packaged set up, that predicates that you have full on access to a vanilla copy of your own...

After download of it, all that is needed is to unzip, put it where you chose to, then run the auto installer to finish set up.


KSD II: Ace v1.4.1, found here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=250525


Hope this helps, clear the air, of there being no Uboat variations for SH4.








M. M.
__________________
Mad Mardigan is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 08:53 PM   #6
Mad Mardigan
Admiral
 
Mad Mardigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi.
Posts: 2,293
Downloads: 480
Uploads: 0


wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
Yeah but it doesn't beat $5.00 lol.
Was having so many issues getting it to load up on Windows 10 I didn't want to drop another $20 to $40 to download from Steam until this deal came along.
Not only was it a great deal but it already had the problems fixed with the .dll problems that I was having with the original games.
So glad to see we can still play these classics from so long ago.
While they continue to improve the U-boat versions Nobody's ever done anything other than MODs for the U.S. WW2 sub fleet since this game came out.
SAD!!
On the U.S. fleetboat side of the equation, there are the following:


Fall of the Rising Sun

Latest work up, is v1.7x

Which, can be found here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=243064

Then, there is a reworx of TMO, by Bubblehead1980, which can be found, here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=250635


Hope, this helps, as well.








M. M.
__________________
Mad Mardigan is online   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2022 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.