SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-07, 03:22 PM   #61
Hartmann
Sea Lord

Downloads: 204
Uploads: 0

Yes , it would be nice have two different options of smoke, one for reduced specs and other extended.

She is made of iron, sir. I assure you, she can. and she will. It is a mathematical certainty.

Strength and honor
Hartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 03:24 PM   #62
petermari
Swabbie

Downloads: 93
Default newbie questions

Any ideas for those of us who are challenged on the computer? I love the game and I'd add evey mod I could but it's really difficult for me. Winuha, jsgme...you might as well be speaking Russian. I seem to remember an older sub sim that I bought a cd for that had all the downloads and it was an easy process to add to the game. What bothers me the most is I know I'm really missing some great stuff that's been created for this game. The only mod I've added is the smaller radar blips. Easy to add. Any cd's on the horizon? Reflections on the water sounds really nice. Thanks to those who put in all the hard work.
petermari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 03:27 PM   #63
l3th4l
Planesman

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeast
Perhaps something to do as an add on option (if its possible)..... bigger smoke for higher end machines and stock ROW smoke for slower systems?
in theory that's a good idea, practically however the whole thing gets more complicated with every option we add. just making one minor change is twice as much work but the particles are fine-tuned in color and opacity in accordance to the amount of particles emitted so making a change here is more work than simply upping the particle count (at least if it should look good). Plus there is twice the probability we forget something . the download also grows with every option we add (although the particles don't add up to much).
There are many things to consider when giving options...

Having said that - we already have further ideas for the particle effects and will give them yet another overhaul i imagine so there might be hope yet
l3th4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 03:29 PM   #64
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default I will work on making a seperate set of files

For people with the higher end machines just don't expect it over night a lot of adjustments and testing needs to be done so give me a week or so guys and I will have a set up for higher end PC's in fire and smoke effect's. I just wanted to make sure everyone could run this with a minimal of problems in the begining becuase everyone should be able to enjoy stuff that is created.

As to a CD release I just don't know never did anything like that before but who knows once this is totaly set and released as a full vs. I am sure I can find someone to make a patch type program to get it installed on games.

Posted by Javas revenge on the [WIP] thread

leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 03:53 PM   #65
mrbeast
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
For people with the higher end machines just don't expect it over night a lot of adjustments and testing needs to be done so give me a week or so guys and I will have a set up for higher end PC's in fire and smoke effect's. I just wanted to make sure everyone could run this with a minimal of problems in the begining becuase everyone should be able to enjoy stuff that is created.

As to a CD release I just don't know never did anything like that before but who knows once this is totaly set and released as a full vs. I am sure I can find someone to make a patch type program to get it installed on games.

Posted by Javas revenge on the [WIP] thread

Thanks Leo and I don't mind waiting at all, it takes time to do things right and I'd rather wait a month and get something special like the work you and co have done so far on ROW, than wait a week for something thats not as good.

That image is gorgeous I really do need to get an Nvidia card and finally have lense flare effects!
Old 09-21-07, 03:54 PM   #66
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
That would be great! I have an 8800 GTS, so running the game at it's absolute visual best is a must for me.
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 04:05 PM   #67
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default You all know me by now guys I do what I can

to accomidate everyone as best as possable all it takes is just a bit of time.

I have to work with l3th4l on the files because I don't totaly understand all the add on's he did yet to them so as I learn more about them it will go smoother in making adjustments to the new effect's. I will also apply more of the smoke on the water effect's seeing it is for higher end machine's. Because Wilhemtell gave me permission to use his work so thanks Tell.
Old 09-21-07, 04:09 PM   #68
602Sqn_Puff
Ensign

Downloads: 322

Something isn't right with my install , screenshots taken during the day and into the evening with the sun setting, as you can see there is no smooth graduation of colour for me...anyone any ideas?
Card is the 8800gtx using the 163.4 drivers

morning

12noon

evening sunset

evening sunset

I also don't get the flare effect...don't know why, I have tried about 6 fdriver sets and not one work getting the flare
602Sqn_Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 04:15 PM   #69
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default What do you have for settings on your card

on the performance and Quality? What do you have set up in the game graffic's settings?

Also in the Graffic's settings for the game put them all back to stock then hit apply and leave the screen. Then come back to it and reset them to where you want them and hit apply again and see if it changes. Sometimes the settings get carried over from one game to another in the files and have to be reset.
Old 09-21-07, 04:18 PM   #70
602Sqn_Puff
Ensign

rgr Ill give it a go
Old 09-21-07, 04:23 PM   #71
602Sqn_Puff
Ensign

Nope still the same, all settings at at Max, tried them at low and still no smooth graduation
Old 09-21-07, 04:33 PM   #72
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default what is your settings at for your video card?

Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering?

Personaly mine are set at 4x for both of the settings.

Plus I let my video card set up the monitor to get the best lighting and color effect's.
Old 09-21-07, 04:44 PM   #73
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by 602Sqn_Puff
Something isn't right with my install , screenshots taken during the day and into the evening with the sun setting, as you can see there is no smooth graduation of colour for me...anyone any ideas?
Card is the 8800gtx using the 163.4 drivers

morning

12noon

evening sunset

evening sunset

I also don't get the flare effect...don't know why, I have tried about 6 fdriver sets and not one work getting the flare

Leo - This is the same problem I reported, the sky loses color as the sun rises higher into the sky, eventually becoming off-white instead of blue.
Old 09-21-07, 04:51 PM   #74
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default if you know how to use The mini tweeker

deactivate the mod part that has the scene file in it. Then find it with the mini tweeker and change the values in Sky #1 #2 to a 6 instead of a 7 then remove the copy of the scene file and reactivate the folder in JSGME. ONLY for Sky #1 and #2.

Okay?! I will set up a seperate download for a new scene file with the changes.

Here you go and it is posted at the bottom of the main mod page!!!

SCENE_FILE_REPAIR_FOR_SKY_COLOR

Last edited by leovampire; 09-21-07 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-21-07, 05:23 PM   #75
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default from FooFighters

Awsome pic thanks buddy