SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-12, 06:52 PM   #1
yamatowar
Mate

Location: Lampa,Santiago,Chile,South America, Earth, Solar System, Sagittarius Arm, Milky way
Downloads: 217
Uploads: 0
Default New night Sky mod (Request)

hello fellas, i was playing silent hunter 4, and when] starting a night patrol, i thought "there's too few stars", my question is, can anyone make a mod that changes the night sky in a more realistic one, like this;

instead of that booring starless sky in sh4?
yamatowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-12, 06:55 PM   #2
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

Would be nice to see the Milkyway spiral arm of the Orion Spur, and the loads of stars, especially with no light polution, but putting them all in there would be a job. Plus what the cost would be in keeping the game running smooth.

Would be cool to see the Aurora Australus Borealas too, in green, red, blue, white, yellow to rusty orange. Or any combination, or single color. About a month and a half ago, we had them here, in green, a little blue, and one patch of red, on and off for about 6 hours over the course of the night.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 06:44 PM   #3
denny927
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 213

very good point this.after install several graphic env mod, the night sky is always(almost) the same....the picture above seems a great inspiracy for a great mod.

maybe with a 3 version, one lite, medium and "heavy"
apart from this what is the file which control the night sky?
System Specs:CASE CM 690 NVIDIA, Gigabyte G1 sniper m3 Intel 3570k 3.4GHz, NVIDIA GTX 770 2 GB, 8 GB RAM DDR3 MUSHKIN 1600 Mhz, 3 HD(120, 250, 500 GB), PSU 700W COOLER MASTER ULTIMATE, MONITOR LG 27" FULL HD, TWO SPEAKER LG X230 2.1.
denny927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 07:22 PM   #4
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

as i understand it the sky is "generated" by the game so every star would need to be added and have "settings" so it would be a massive drain on the game engine and your computer.

it is my understanding that is why the night sky is so sparse and unpopulated and daytime weather fronts arent better looking as well, not from lack of wanting more but to keep the game running smoothly all the time
Old 03-28-12, 07:59 PM   #5
yamatowar
Mate

Location: Lampa,Santiago,Chile,South America, Earth, Solar System, Sagittarius Arm, Milky way
Downloads: 217

i mean, to put textures, or something like that, non variable stars, because they change their luminosity, making them more stable
yamatowar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mod, night, sh4, sky, texture