SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-07-22, 12:14 PM   #1
Beenherebefore
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Voice attack

I know this sim is dedicated to multiplayer use (I missed that part before I bought it). But since there is an option for bots will there be, or is there now, a way to give orders using voice attack? TIA
Beenherebefore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 02:11 PM   #2
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Yes, you can use an AI crew to manage the game solo. No work on voice activation is currently planned.
Old 09-12-22, 10:19 PM   #3
Gwenydd
verrückt kaleun

Downloads: 143
Uploads: 2

All we would need to be able to use voice attack or other voice control software would be to have key commands available for all controls. I would love to be able to just say "new course: 315" or enter TDC data directly by saying "Target speed:5.2 knots, angle on bow: 92", etc... , and have the bots follow the orders. We have been able to do most of that with Silent Hunter 3 for many years and it really adds to the immersion. Just sayin'... Wolfpack is already so lovely it seems a shame not to be able to do that.

Gwen
Gwenydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-22, 09:41 AM   #4
Beenherebefore
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenydd View Post
All we would need to be able to use voice attack or other voice control software would be to have key commands available for all controls. I would love to be able to just say "new course: 315" or enter TDC data directly by saying "Target speed:5.2 knots, angle on bow: 92", etc... , and have the bots follow the orders. We have been able to do most of that with Silent Hunter 3 for many years and it really adds to the immersion. Just sayin'... Wolfpack is already so lovely it seems a shame not to be able to do that.

Gwen
That was my point exactly, if I could know which keys correspond to the bots commands there's no need for anything to be added to the game itself. Voice Attack is a separate program that can be used with any game, (or so I'm told, haven't played every game out there myself).
Beenherebefore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-22, 10:12 AM   #5
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenydd View Post

Gwen
Hi Gwen, I agree 100%, it's just not planned for now. Hopefully (that's my middle name) when the game is complete we can explore that.
Old 09-14-22, 12:19 PM   #6
Gwenydd
verrückt kaleun

That would be great!

I just spent the last hour or so setting voice commands for Wolfpack as much as I was able using the interface. I managed to get all engine settings, dive orders, and even entry of target length and speed all working using voice command. For most of these I set the commands to pull up the appropriate bot page and move the mouse to the correct location and click there. It's a little fiddly and clumsy but it does work. I also set it up to play voice audio confirmation of all orders using speech files (in German of course) from Silent Hunter III =P

Probably the biggest difficulty is in giving orders involving numeric values, especially those that can't be typed in... like entering a new course - since we have to click on the compass rose which rotates within the relative bearing ring it isn't possible to do this with a voice command, we would have to be able to type in a course numerically.

Last edited by Gwenydd; 09-14-22 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-20-22, 08:17 PM   #7
Gwenydd
verrückt kaleun

Oh geeze, I just realized you actually CAN type in a new course on the bot screen... That makes me happy! If anyone is interested I'll post my VoiceAttack profile for Wolfpack with bots in the downloads once I finish tweaking it.

Last edited by Gwenydd; 09-20-22 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-22-22, 06:56 AM   #8
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Yes, please! I want to have a crack at the voice commands, would love top have that added as a download.

edit: is this it? https://voiceattack.com/
Old 09-22-22, 12:32 PM   #9
Gwenydd
verrückt kaleun

You got it sir! I am finishing up work on the voiceattack profile now. This is the most involved setup I've ever done with it so far. At the moment I have around 600 unique commands in it to accomplish a high level of precise control. What resolution do you normally play in? I ask because many of the controls are entirely reliant on clicking on the screen and my setup is on an ultra widescreen 3840 x 1080 monitor. So I'm going to need to tweak the mouse click locations to match the display resolution needed. So recommendations for resolutions to use for most people?...

I will also be including the voice response pack I built with the profile as you really need audible feedback and it adds a lot of immersion as well. I also added a few nifty little things like a stopwatch automatically starting each time you fire a new torpedo... separate stopwatches for each torpedo fired, up to max.

At the moment commands include the following:

-All engine commands on the telegraph including switching engines and charging batteries
-New course accurate to one degree
-New depth accurate to 10 meters, plus periscope depth, crash dive, surface the boat
-Angle on bow accurate to 5 degrees (difficult to click more accurately than that consistently)
-Target speed accurate to .1 knots
-Target range accurate to 25 meters (very difficult to set with one click due to scale and logarithmic progression)
-torpedo depth accurate to 1 meter since you cannot type in a decimal value
-torpedo firing with automatic stopwatches

PS - I would like to again request that all these data elements be made such that we can type in precise values rather than having to click on the screen. Fortunately we can already do that with a number of them. Thanks guys! =)

Gwen

Last edited by Gwenydd; 09-22-22 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-22-22, 12:39 PM   #10
Gwenydd
verrückt kaleun

Yes, that's the correct link for VoiceAttack.
Old 09-23-22, 01:36 PM   #11
Gwenydd
verrückt kaleun

Default to Neal

Thanks for the PM Neal. I tried to reply to it but can't seem to get the message to send. I assume it's because we aren't friends in the forum yet so I sent you a friend request.

Gwen
Old 09-23-22, 02:42 PM   #12
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Hmmm... might have been a glitch in the matrix, I got your PM