SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-24-22, 01:51 PM   #1
Migui512
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Nuke Cold Waters crash on AMD Adrenalin drivers

Cold waters crashes on startup with AMD Adrenalin 20.4.2 drivers on an AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphics card.

Error file says: atiumdag.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module atiumdag.dll at 0023:68360bec.

Game worked perfectly fine with the drivers I had when the game was released (I think some 2017 year drivers), but now, with the latest drivers for my graphics card (the already mentioned AMD Radeon R7 M265) it does not work anymore, it's a pretty old card, already out of support, but it's what I have. If I try updating drivers it simply stops working or even goes bluescreen berserk on startup. Yes, I can downgrade the drivers to a version that runs Cold Waters, but then, some programs that I use more or less on a daily basis stop functioning, as could be somewhat expected.

I even tried upgrading my OS to Windows 10, but no luck, graphics card is somehow imcompatible and prevents the OS from running once it has its graphics drivers installed, so I'm stuck with Windows 7.

Maybe it could be someting related to that 3d and VR section of the drivers some nvidia users mentioned on Steam forums, but I don't know if my drivers have that, being an AMD card, and if they do, I can't find any option in the installer to not install that.

If someone wants to help me, I could send the full error and output log files through a pastebin.

For some reason, War on the Sea works perfectly fine.

If this can be of help, here are my computer specifications.

Acer Aspire E1-572G
Intel Core i7-4500U 1.8GHz up to 3.0GHz with TurboBoost
AMD Radeon R7 M265 2GB VRAM
16 GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB HDD

Thanks to anyone willing to lend me a hand.
Migui512 is offline   Reply With Quote