SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-30-06, 08:36 PM   #1
Adaru
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Adding Names

Sorry if this one's really basic. Well, it is really basic, but sorry anyway. I have tried the search tool but I guess I must just not be putting the right terms in.

All I want to do is add a new ship name to the list. So where I select a particular sub type it gives the names of the boats in that class, I'd just like to add one more, so's I can have it as 'my' ship.

Assuming there's an "Incredibly Simple DW Modifications Guide For Mind-Bogglingly Stupid People" file somewhere, could someone point me to it please?
Adaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-06, 10:24 PM   #2
awood6535
A-ganger

are you talking about just adding like The Uss Jimmy Carter to the current seawolf class? same model and all just adding the name?
awood6535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-06, 06:13 AM   #3
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2

Yes.

In the object dialogue for one of the playable classes in DWedit, double click on the list of ship names. Then when the new entity dialogue pops up, enter the name of the ship you want to add in the name line and make sure to select the ship class you want to create it as.

And you have it as an option to select in the game from the mission editor and the platform select dialogue when given open choice.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
David

PS Be sure to Save the database from the editor main menu before closing it.
Old 07-01-06, 07:03 AM   #4
Adaru
Swabbie

Okay, thanks for the advice so far.. I've added the names I want to the database as a new entity - but I'm now receiving two error messages on trying to start the game: 13010 and 13007. Do you happen to know what these are? I've looked on Search but can't find anything. I'm guessing either name(s) too long, too many names added (I wanted a fleet, okay? ), or a name in two parts.

Also, note to self and anyone else who's interested: save backup copies of files to different directories in future, rather than just as 'Copy of...'. It's managed to save the changes to the original AND the copy. Reinstall coming up...
Adaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-06, 07:15 AM   #5
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2

You may not have saved the new entities with the proper class. You have to be sure the new ships are of the same class as the object you are using to add the ship.