SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-19, 04:26 AM   #1
Sosondowah
Watch

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default Unplayable missions in DW (RA) and artifacts?

Hello,

as a newbie, I have two questions related to the game, I hope this is the place when I can ask for support:

1. Can someone please tell me why I have a number of unplayable missions in my game installation? Like in this instance, in the link below:

https://imgur.com/4Ou4bK0

2. Does anyone have any idea why do I have these artifacts in the game after enabling "Underwater effects"?

https://imgur.com/imzdU85

https://imgur.com/esIvZUF

I will emphasize that this issue occurs ONLY when I have then enabled, when "Underwater effects" is disabled, the image looks fine.

Can it be a connection between that and this? The artifacts that appear when moving the mouse:

https://imgur.com/xmCl9aP

I am using Windows 10 64bit, AMD video card Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X OC & Boost 4GB GDDR5 256bit with the latest drivers installed, playing the game in windowed mode using the DxWnd fix:

I also have both the latest game patch (1.04) and the latest Reinforce Alert DWX addon for SCS Dangerous Waters (1.48/Patch 03) installed.

Thank you in advance for any potential support!

Last edited by Sosondowah; 09-01-19 at 05:26 AM.
Sosondowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 07:40 AM   #2
fireship4
Ensign

Downloads: 41

For the missions problem, my installation is the same, it looks like those are original missions which have been rendered inoperative as the sub platform (or something) has changed. The converted versions of the missions are elsewhere in the list.

In relation to the graphics artifacts, have you tried changing the ".SoftwareCursor" entry under "[Graphics]" in your dangerouswaters.ini?
Old 09-01-19, 10:59 AM   #3
Sosondowah
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireship4 View Post
For the missions problem, my installation is the same, it looks like those are original missions which have been rendered inoperative as the sub platform (or something) has changed. The converted versions of the missions are elsewhere in the list.

In relation to the graphics artifacts, have you tried changing the ".SoftwareCursor" entry under "[Graphics]" in your dangerouswaters.ini?
Thanks a lot, changing the value of .SoftwareCursor to "No" solved my mouse artifacts!

Old 09-05-19, 08:55 AM   #4
fireship4
Ensign

Downloads: 41

No problem, glad I could help. Bear in mind changing this setting also seems to affect weather or not anti-aliasing works.
Old 09-07-19, 06:27 AM   #5
Sosondowah
Watch

Regarding the second issue, I guess it's a video processing issue for which I haven't found a solution yet. I have two games installations, on two separate computers: both with AMD graphic cards, both with the latest drivers installed. On the PC with Sapphire Radeon RX 480 OC Nitro+ 8GB GDDR5 + ultrawide monitor the game looks OK (windowed mode), but on the second rig, with Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X OC & Boost 4GB GDDR5 256bit + Smart TV, using the same settings, those artifacts (or I don't know how should I call them) appear. I've tried changing some settings in the Radeon Game menu, but nothing helped.

The artifacts seem to appear only when there are sun rays interfering with the water.

Or maybe there are some DXWnd settings that can solve the issue, I am saying that because playing the game in full screen mode the image it's OK in both PC's, but I wouldn't play it that way, with the image stretched.

Anyway, it's not a real issue, it doesn't affect the game playability in a significant way.

Last edited by Sosondowah; 09-07-19 at 07:26 AM.