Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-30-19, 11:17 AM   #1
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default Need some help with mission editor

Hi I am currently putting together a new campaign which is based on more current world events and more modern equipment is used. One of the missions I am designing is to have my sub transit out of Norfolk naval base. In the middle of the trip, it will receive an order to go to a rendezvous point with a hovering helo take on an important personnel. So this is what I did in game:

1. Set up a destination event trigger to spawn the helo
2. The helo has one attached event trigger with "approach" criteria. When the helo is approached to within 0.03 nmi of the sub, the trigger will fire. Then the helo will stop hovering and go home

However, my problem is I can't get this event triggered. Just wonder if any expert can help me out here. One area of trouble I am suspecting is that the helo is in an dynamic group that would be spawned when the first destination triggered is fired. But the dynamic group only has the object helo, not the attached trigger. Probably the code spawn the helo but not the trigger. Or does it matter?
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-19, 11:49 AM   #2
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Probably you forgot to add attached trigger to dynamic group "create Helo"
Old 09-30-19, 02:46 PM   #3
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Btw 1 feature from upcoming RA 1.49 will be SAR mission for AI helo:

Quote:
this is from the description for version 1.49:

- - - GUIDE SAR OPERATION - - -

Backstory: It is created for conducting dynamic operations with rescue helicopter.Because, by default, all scenarios stipulate that the player's sub should strictly arrive at the helicopter. The helicopter always flies along the prescribed route and the player on the subplatform must be strictly at some points on this route. The new concept of rescue operation is designed so that the helicopter itself flies to the point that the player orders for start SAR mission.

So this is how this Search And Rescue (SAR) helicopter works - firstly, the radio antenna must be lifted on user platform.

Thus, friendly contacts appear on the navigation map.

Also keep in mind - that only a raised radio mast allows you to make a "Promote Link" to friendly platform. Floating wire - does not have the ability to transmit radio. On a wire you can only RECEIVE messages, but not send from yourself.

When we see that a SAR helicopter has appeared:

1. Call the drop-down menu on nav.map and choice "Manual Contact" option. Place "Manual Contact" near sub ( but better on top of our sub ) on the nav.map

2. Call the drop-down menu on this label, and classify it from Yellow UNKNOWN SURFACE to Platform -> HELO, ID -> Assumed Hostile.

3. Transfer this contact through the "Promote Link" on the helicopter and other friendly platform. / CTRL + SHIFT + P /.

The helicopter will fly to this your assigned SAR DESTINATION POINT.

3 miles to the arrival point - the TACAN "drive radar" is switched on by helicopter - this can be visual controlled at the ESM station.

To roughly know that the helicopter is already on its final approach to SAR point.

Well and then - the helicopter hover, and stay 90 seconds at low altitude (about 14-15 meters), this next SAR phase begins.

On the ESM, we can see the signal name - RESCUE PHASE.

When the RESCUE PHASE complete then the helicopter returns to its point of init. There, then it may be removed (if it necessary) with a trigger that must be attached to the helicopter.

If you need to cancel the helicopter flight to the label (SAR DESTINATION POINT) that was previously sent to it, then we introduce another manual label Platform -> PLANE, ID -> Assumed Hostile.

This "Manual Contact" label you should position as far as possible - 100 or even 200 miles from the previous SAR DESTINATION POINT.

Then - "Promote Link" this manual label / CTRL + SHIFT + P /.

Here in this case, the previous SAR DESTINATION POINT will be cancelled, and will direct Helo back to the routine route.

Or, if you can enter a another SAR DESTINATION POINT (after previouos option - cancel SAR mission) by setting on the nav.map, a new label "HELO" "Assumed Hostile".

This may seem rather confusing, but actually it's very simple.

SAR Helos in Game:

MI-8SP - Russia

KA-25C - Russia

TTH-90 - Italy

HH-65 - France

HH-60H - USA

HH-65C - USA

SH-3G - USA

Z-18S - China

Boeing-107 - Sweden
I think it will be useful for your mission