SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #106
torpedobait
Grey Wolf
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 791
Downloads: 353
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
For #1 - That typo then is in a BIK movie, and probably from Stock. I'll see about the possibility of editing that, but don't hold your breath... #2 - You should have SJ radar by November, I would think... if you are in the Control Room when starting a patrol and press the <J> ("J") key, then press the combination of <Ctrl><T> and see if it turns on? Click the screen and move the view to where you can see the "Range" switch and the "Focused" and "Continuous" switch, and see what they do? We'll look into the Tambor, which is the Gar boat. #3 - There can only be one choice for which screen that goes to. We'll see about maybe an add-in for later... #4 - You were lucky you weren't rammed, eh? I've been run over a time or two (or more) over the years, when getting bit by that "target fixation" disease...

Edit: Just happened to think - what conning tower is on your submarine there torpedobait? Thanks!
Ok, at the completion of my seventh patrol, third in the GAR, I was promoted and offered a new boat, the Gato. I was then offered and able to add the SJ-1 Improved and the SD Improved radars. I also grabbed the twin 20mm but have little intention of using it. Not good odds.

As for the conning tower on the GAR, I have no idea which it is/was. It was whatever comes with a stock model GAR in 1942.

Trying to turn on and operate the surface radar did nothing, whether using the CTL T combo or the physical controls at the radar station. Blank screens and the On/Off was inoperative. It just wasn't there and never available to add. However, the new GATO assumed I had it because else might it have offered the Improved version.

I was actually perpendicular to that light cruiser. At 400 yards the visibility was very poor, just on the fringe of being able to lock the target long enough to unlock and get a shot off where I wanted it to go. By the time I did that they were firing away! Nasty boys. I WILL be more careful about picking my fights, especially in poor visibility.

It's all good for me now on the Gata. Off I go!
__________________
TorpedoBait (Damn! Where did that come from?)

Software: Win10 Pro 64-bit, 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_Edition_v1.0.1.g_E N, Large Address Aware.

Hardware: Falcon-NW Talon 20th Anniversary Edition, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 Super 8Gb, Creative SoundBlaster Z.

torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:35 PM   #107
jldjs
Captain
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Downloads: 209
Uploads: 0
Default CTD attacking IJN task force Midway battle scene

After a very successful install of v1.0.1 on my new W10 rig and about a dozen patrols with everything looking great with this game version, I took a newly awarded Gato, USS Haddock, from Midway leaving June 2 '42. So I headed for where I thought I'd intercept the attacking IJN task force on my way to patrol Japan waters and after a few saves and replays I did encounter an Asashio class on June 4 at approximately 22:51 hrs at 174'E,'35 -33'N,20. Numerous sonar lines indicated it's probably a task force, so I decided to shoot this Asashio since it's traveling East (090), 17 kts right in front of me, stormy weather, and I was not detected. Off went two M14s at about 3500 yds. I tracked the torpedoes progress and just as the first one hit, the game abruptly went to desktop, CTD. Repeated with same result 3 times!
How can I help diagnose this one? I have the Save right before the attack.
Since I'm new to Win 10 I followed the Capn's recommendations so yes to LAA and his other suggestions , starting from new SH4 install from CD, then modding with v1.0.1. Standing by as they say!
jldjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:31 PM   #108
fitzcarraldo
Argentinischer Kaleun
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Posts: 3,732
Downloads: 1926
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
After a very successful install of v1.0.1 on my new W10 rig and about a dozen patrols with everything looking great with this game version, I took a newly awarded Gato, USS Haddock, from Midway leaving June 2 '42. So I headed for where I thought I'd intercept the attacking IJN task force on my way to patrol Japan waters and after a few saves and replays I did encounter an Asashio class on June 4 at approximately 22:51 hrs at 174'E,'35 -33'N,20. Numerous sonar lines indicated it's probably a task force, so I decided to shoot this Asashio since it's traveling East (090), 17 kts right in front of me, stormy weather, and I was not detected. Off went two M14s at about 3500 yds. I tracked the torpedoes progress and just as the first one hit, the game abruptly went to desktop, CTD. Repeated with same result 3 times!
How can I help diagnose this one? I have the Save right before the attack.
Since I'm new to Win 10 I followed the Capn's recommendations so yes to LAA and his other suggestions , starting from new SH4 install from CD, then modding with v1.0.1. Standing by as they say!
You should put sh4.exe in W7 compatibility, administrator rights. But I don´t know if it is your problem.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
__________________



My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.


Too old to rock'n'roll, too young to die!
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:02 AM   #109
barryww
Nub
 
barryww's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Broken Arrow, OK USA
Posts: 2
Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default Receive an "Arg.NotSupportedException" Error Extracting FOTRSU Mod

I have installed the Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition from Ubisoft into a C:/SH4 folder. Installs fine. My issue us when I extract the FOTRSU mod into the game's Mod folder, I get an extraction error at around the 90% completion stage. Error says "An undetermined error occurred. Detail: Arg.NotSupportedException". I have downloaded the mod twice, reinstalled the game twice. I still cannot successfully extract the mod into the game's Mod folder without this error. Any ideas? Thanks.

Update: I know Ubisoft can cause some issues, but don't if that's the case here. I did just order a DVD version and will give it a shot.
__________________
"I'm Spartacus!"--everyone but Spartacus

Last edited by barryww; 11-21-2019 at 12:17 AM.
barryww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:45 AM   #110
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job
 
propbeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The Crossroads of Mid-America
Posts: 5,413
Downloads: 289
Uploads: 2


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
After a very successful install of v1.0.1 on my new W10 rig and about a dozen patrols with everything looking great with this game version, I took a newly awarded Gato, USS Haddock, from Midway leaving June 2 '42. So I headed for where I thought I'd intercept the attacking IJN task force on my way to patrol Japan waters and after a few saves and replays I did encounter an Asashio class on June 4 at approximately 22:51 hrs at 174'E,'35 -33'N,20. Numerous sonar lines indicated it's probably a task force, so I decided to shoot this Asashio since it's traveling East (090), 17 kts right in front of me, stormy weather, and I was not detected. Off went two M14s at about 3500 yds. I tracked the torpedoes progress and just as the first one hit, the game abruptly went to desktop, CTD. Repeated with same result 3 times!
How can I help diagnose this one? I have the Save right before the attack.
Since I'm new to Win 10 I followed the Capn's recommendations so yes to LAA and his other suggestions , starting from new SH4 install from CD, then modding with v1.0.1. Standing by as they say!
As fitzcarraldo suggests, be sure you are set-up and configured correctly, but just to let you know, I did find more issues with some DDs' zon files. Use of an impact pistol results in a 'normal' explosion. Use of the magnetic going under the keel does not. This is frustrating, since the zon files have not been changed. The dat files have not been changed. We have not changed the Zones.cfg either, but something seems to have "broken" some of the links between the zon and dat files of some of these ships. If I can get my isp to cooperate today, I will try to upload a video that demonstrates what happens, and see if others have noticed this. The player's boat, near as I can tell, does not cause a CTD when shooting at and targeting the DDs, but it is strange that we have not noticed this issue before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryww View Post
I have installed the Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition from Ubisoft into a C:/SH4 folder. Installs fine. My issue us when I extract the FOTRSU mod into the game's Mod folder, I get an extraction error at around the 90% completion stage. Error says "An undetermined error occurred. Detail: Arg.NotSupportedException". I have downloaded the mod twice, reinstalled the game twice. I still cannot successfully extract the mod into the game's Mod folder without this error. Any ideas? Thanks.

Update: I know Ubisoft can cause some issues, but don't if that's the case here. I did just order a DVD version and will give it a shot.
Which version of Windows are you using there barryww? Also, what are you using to extract the 7zip archive? Have you tried 7Zip? When downloading a file, be sure you have deleted the old file firstl, so that you get a completely new downloaded file. As bad as UPlay has been to SH5 and TWoS, it should not interfere with a successful file extraction, no matter where it is. A little side note, is that you should not have your game folder directly off of the 'root' of a hard drive, just in case there is an issue such as this, but rather you should have something like "C:\Games \SH4 \MODS..." That way, if there is an issue with folder structure in a mod, it doesn't pollute the root of the hard drive, especially your boot drive... Also, be sure your extraction program is not pointing the files there, and that you are using the "Extract here" while in the MODS folder.
__________________

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:34 AM   #111
torpedobait
Grey Wolf
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 791
Downloads: 353
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
For #1 - That typo then is in a BIK movie, and probably from Stock. I'll see about the possibility of editing that, but don't hold your breath... #2 - You should have SJ radar by November, I would think... if you are in the Control Room when starting a patrol and press the <J> ("J") key, then press the combination of <Ctrl><T> and see if it turns on? Click the screen and move the view to where you can see the "Range" switch and the "Focused" and "Continuous" switch, and see what they do? We'll look into the Tambor, which is the Gar boat. #3 - There can only be one choice for which screen that goes to. We'll see about maybe an add-in for later... #4 - You were lucky you weren't rammed, eh? I've been run over a time or two (or more) over the years, when getting bit by that "target fixation" disease...

Edit: Just happened to think - what conning tower is on your submarine there torpedobait? Thanks!
I reloaded a Save Game from when I was in port on November 13, prior to starting the next mission. Here are pics of my GAR Class boat on Game Day December 14, 1942 direct out of Midway at start of Patrol #7. Note there is no rotating antenna, the scope will not activate no matter how I get to the Radar station ("J" or Button on Command line) and with the "CTL+T" activated. Nothing. Nada.

EDIT: I can't get the pictures to upload. You'll have to take my word for it that the radar screen is definitely "off" and will not activate, CTL+T key or no, nor from the Radar station itself. There is no rotating antenna on the conning tower. There is a "fixed" air search antenna, but it might be stopped because I had to use TC to get to daylight for a decent picture. When I checked it immediately after the mission loaded at sea, I could not detect any movement of the antenna then either.
__________________
TorpedoBait (Damn! Where did that come from?)

Software: Win10 Pro 64-bit, 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_Edition_v1.0.1.g_E N, Large Address Aware.

Hardware: Falcon-NW Talon 20th Anniversary Edition, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 Super 8Gb, Creative SoundBlaster Z.

torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:47 AM   #112
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job
 
propbeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The Crossroads of Mid-America
Posts: 5,413
Downloads: 289
Uploads: 2


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
1. There is a typo on the map used for the Solomon Campaign narrative I got when completing a patrol out of Midway on 11/13/1942. The map shows "The Spot" WNW of Savo Island; I'm betting that should read "The Slot"...
A first attempt, but I need to "feather" the edge a bit, and get a better color match, which the color shifts on the render, which is very frustrating... looks fine in the project, but not after the render... We'll get closer each try (I hope)

... check from about the 1:40 mark on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I reloaded a Save Game from when I was in port on November 13, prior to starting the next mission. Here are pics of my GAR Class boat on Game Day December 14, 1942 direct out of Midway at start of Patrol #7. Note there is no rotating antenna, the scope will not activate no matter how I get to the Radar station ("J" or Button on Command line) and with the "CTL+T" activated. Nothing. Nada.

EDIT: I can't get the pictures to upload. You'll have to take my word for it that the radar screen is definitely "off" and will not activate, CTL+T key or no, nor from the Radar station itself. There is no rotating antenna on the conning tower. There is a "fixed" air search antenna, but it might be stopped because I had to use TC to get to daylight for a decent picture. When I checked it immediately after the mission loaded at sea, I could not detect any movement of the antenna then either.
I'm not sure if the SD ever rotated, but I am thinking that it did. I'll try to look into that also. If you have an antenna, the SJ should be functional... - I have not found the time to do a career test yet.
__________________

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:10 PM   #113
torpedobait
Grey Wolf
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 791
Downloads: 353
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
A first attempt, but I need to "feather" the edge a bit, and get a better color match, which the color shifts on the render, which is very frustrating... looks fine in the project, but not after the render... We'll get closer each try (I hope)

... check from about the 1:40 mark on.


I'm not sure if the SD ever rotated, but I am thinking that it did. I'll try to look into that also. If you have an antenna, the SJ should be functional... - I have not found the time to do a career test yet.
See the attached picture. That is the conning tower from my USS Gar on Game Date 12/14/1942. Note the absence of any SJ antenna, and that the Conning Tower itself looks almost nothing like the ones in your pictures!

And I know you want to ask: Yes, I did a Total uninstall and delete, and a brand new install of SH4 v1.5 (Gold) downloaded from Amazon. It is not in either of the Program File folders - in fact it on a separate drive (G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_4), Read Only is unset, and LAA shows "True". The only Mods activated are v1.0.1g and the two environmental mods I've been running for a couple of years now - Unmark the sub position and water clarity. Neither have ever had any effect on the operation or appearance other than their intended uses. Not being snippy - just anticipating your questions!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SH4Img@2019-11-21GAR.jpg (12.1 KB, 10 views)
__________________
TorpedoBait (Damn! Where did that come from?)

Software: Win10 Pro 64-bit, 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_Edition_v1.0.1.g_E N, Large Address Aware.

Hardware: Falcon-NW Talon 20th Anniversary Edition, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 Super 8Gb, Creative SoundBlaster Z.

torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:57 PM   #114
jldjs
Captain
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Downloads: 209
Uploads: 0
Default

[QUOTE=propbeanie;2637414]As fitzcarraldo suggests, be sure you are set-up and configured correctly, but just to let you know, I did find more issues with some DDs' zon files. Use of an impact pistol results in a 'normal' explosion. Use of the magnetic going under the keel does not. This is frustrating, since the zon files have not been changed. The dat files have not been changed. We have not changed the Zones.cfg either, but something seems to have "broken" some of the links between the zon and dat files of some of these ships. If I can get my isp to cooperate today, I will try to upload a video that demonstrates what happens, and see if others have noticed this. The player's boat, near as I can tell, does not cause a CTD when shooting at and targeting the DDs, but it is strange that we have not noticed this issue before...


Which version of Windows are you using there barryww? Also, what are you using to extract the 7zip archive? Have you tried 7Zip? When downloading a file, be sure you have deleted the old file firstl, so that you get a completely new downloaded file. As bad as UPlay has been to SH5 and TWoS, it should not interfere with a successful file extraction, no matter where it is. A little side note, is that you should not have your game folder directly off of the 'root' of a hard drive, just in case there is an issue such as this, but rather you should have something like "C:\Games \SH4 \MODS..." That way, if there is an issue with folder structure in a mod, it doesn't pollute the root of the hard drive, especially your boot drive... Also, be sure your extraction program is not pointing the files there, and that you are using the "Extract here" while in the MODS folder. [/QUOTE

PB, I am using the magnetic, but I'll replay and set torps for contact and let you know. As I wrote, I've played over a dozen patrols, all from Midway prior to this one mission, all ran beautifully. The install on Win 10 went without a hiccup following the Capn's instructions.
jldjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:14 PM   #115
jldjs
Captain
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Downloads: 209
Uploads: 0
Icon9

[QUOTE=jldjs;2637490]
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
As fitzcarraldo suggests, be sure you are set-up and configured correctly, but just to let you know, I did find more issues with some DDs' zon files. Use of an impact pistol results in a 'normal' explosion. Use of the magnetic going under the keel does not. This is frustrating, since the zon files have not been changed. The dat files have not been changed. We have not changed the Zones.cfg either, but something seems to have "broken" some of the links between the zon and dat files of some of these ships. If I can get my isp to cooperate today, I will try to upload a video that demonstrates what happens, and see if others have noticed this. The player's boat, near as I can tell, does not cause a CTD when shooting at and targeting the DDs, but it is strange that we have not noticed this issue before...


Which version of Windows are you using there barryww? Also, what are you using to extract the 7zip archive? Have you tried 7Zip? When downloading a file, be sure you have deleted the old file firstl, so that you get a completely new downloaded file. As bad as UPlay has been to SH5 and TWoS, it should not interfere with a successful file extraction, no matter where it is. A little side note, is that you should not have your game folder directly off of the 'root' of a hard drive, just in case there is an issue such as this, but rather you should have something like "C:\Games \SH4 \MODS..." That way, if there is an issue with folder structure in a mod, it doesn't pollute the root of the hard drive, especially your boot drive... Also, be sure your extraction program is not pointing the files there, and that you are using the "Extract here" while in the MODS folder. [/QUOTE

PB, I am using the magnetic, but I'll replay and set torps for contact and let you know. As I wrote, I've played over a dozen patrols, all from Midway prior to this one mission, all ran beautifully. The install on Win 10 went without a hiccup following the Capn's instructions.
Hit the Asashio with contact, impact pistol set 5' depth and it CTD again
jldjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:30 PM   #116
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job
 
propbeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The Crossroads of Mid-America
Posts: 5,413
Downloads: 289
Uploads: 2


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
See the attached picture. That is the conning tower from my USS Gar on Game Date 12/14/1942. Note the absence of any SJ antenna, and that the Conning Tower itself looks almost nothing like the ones in your pictures!

And I know you want to ask: Yes, I did a Total uninstall and delete, and a brand new install of SH4 v1.5 (Gold) downloaded from Amazon. It is not in either of the Program File folders - in fact it on a separate drive (G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_4), Read Only is unset, and LAA shows "True". The only Mods activated are v1.0.1g and the two environmental mods I've been running for a couple of years now - Unmark the sub position and water clarity. Neither have ever had any effect on the operation or appearance other than their intended uses. Not being snippy - just anticipating your questions!
The conning tower explains a ~lot~... while there is no renown payment required for the radar, there is a renown payment required for the "upgraded" conning towers. You have the pre-war conning tower, before the shears had their wrap removed, and the "cut-out" for the rear AA. Look at the pictures I posted about the same boat, but Single Mission configured for June of 1942. The shears only have the framework, and there is an AA platform. That is the improved conning tower, first "upgrade". I use that term loosely, since like a submarine "upgrade", it has to be paid for with a good patrol score and commander ranking. You cannot have a patrol that is below "Average", and especially early, and it is best if you have the first four of them in the "Good" category, which is above 800 renown. If you don't get above that, you are then not eligible for a boat or conning tower upgrade, and hence will not get the SJ radar - ever - until you get a new conning tower. See the "Of Refits.pdf" in the Support folder, which is a copy of one of Ducimus' posts from years ago. This is the reason for us putting extra objective assignments in the "Early" patrols...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
PB, I am using the magnetic, but I'll replay and set torps for contact and let you know. As I wrote, I've played over a dozen patrols, all from Midway prior to this one mission, all ran beautifully. The install on Win 10 went without a hiccup following the Capn's instructions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Hit the Asashio with contact, impact pistol set 5' depth and it CTD again
When using the impact pistol and then the CTD, were there any enemy surface or air assets around, shooting at the Asashio? Here is an example of the explosion I'm talking about when using the magnetic pistols on certain ships:


for whatever reason, I keep getting an error from YouTube about my AsashioTest vid, saying that I have already posted it, yet it is NOT in my library, so I'll keep trying that... digging deeper into the Asashio thang...

More Edit: OK, finally got the YT Manager to agree with me, and it let me delete the duplicates, then publish the AsashioTest vid:


This is from a Single Mission, "docked" Asashio (can't have it gettin' away from me and turning the table on me, now, can we? You could FF to the 2:24 mark, where I set the torpedoes, and then watch the explosions, impact first, magnetic second...
__________________

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-21-2019 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Strike-outs and added vid link
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:26 PM   #117
jldjs
Captain
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Downloads: 209
Uploads: 0
Default reply to PB

"When using the impact pistol and then the CTD, were there any enemy surface or air assets around, shooting at the Asashio?"
No,it was night, rough seas. I continued on without shooting the Asashio at bearing 335, later attacked and sank a Kongo 6 hits with magnetic, sank an Akagi with stern tubes, again magnetic, then dove and avoided four Asashio and later came up to periscope and decided to shoot a trailing Asahio, 2700 yds astern, hit it, magnetic, explosion, and sank it. Go figure, now there was no CTD
jldjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #118
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job
 
propbeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The Crossroads of Mid-America
Posts: 5,413
Downloads: 289
Uploads: 2


Default

... ... I am now wondering if maybe you are running into one of those infamous "battle" mission files... Do you remember the date and location? We might have to dig really deep.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
After a very successful install of v1.0.1 on my new W10 rig and about a dozen patrols with everything looking great with this game version, I took a newly awarded Gato, USS Haddock, from Midway leaving June 2 '42. So I headed for where I thought I'd intercept the attacking IJN task force on my way to patrol Japan waters and after a few saves and replays I did encounter an Asashio class on June 4 at approximately 22:51 hrs at 174'E,'35 -33'N,20. Numerous sonar lines indicated it's probably a task force, so I decided to shoot this Asashio since it's traveling East (090), 17 kts right in front of me, stormy weather, and I was not detected. Off went two M14s at about 3500 yds. I tracked the torpedoes progress and just as the first one hit, the game abruptly went to desktop, CTD. Repeated with same result 3 times!
How can I help diagnose this one? I have the Save right before the attack.
Since I'm new to Win 10 I followed the Capn's recommendations so yes to LAA and his other suggestions , starting from new SH4 install from CD, then modding with v1.0.1. Standing by as they say!
Whoops! Oldmanitis strikes again, this time in the brain!... - as Emily Litella used to say:


Edit 11/22/2019: OK, there indeed was a duplicate ship name among the Asashio DD, in that (as an example) "Asashio #1" (a space between "o" and "#") and "Asashio#1" (no space) were in there (I do not remember the exact naming). The game will create an automatic name of "Asashio#1" when the first one is entered. It then numbers consecutively up with #2, #3, etc., with no spaces. The "spaced" name was entered by "hand" at some other time. When the game's "interpreter" gets finished with those names, they both apparently equate to "Asashio 1" in the naming conventions. Also, there are a lot of Fubuki DD in there, and the rest were Asashio. No Kagero, no Shiratsuyu, no Yugumo, etc. - there were not that many Asashio in the class, so that has been changed. I also substituted some of the more-appropriate ship Class= calls that we have for CV, CVE, CA & CL. The groups for the most part, seem to have decent groupings, though some are off in routing and timing, and I would almost guarantee them being off in composition, but definitely better than what they were. The groups have also been updated to where no matter when you enter the game, the ship groups should be close to around Midway on June 4, 1942... One caveat: this is the campaign (career) version of the file. I think we had already re-worked the Single Mission file. I'm back into testing the rest for an update.
__________________

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-22-2019 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Emily strikes - Findings
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:17 PM   #119
Treetop64
Loader
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 86
Downloads: 158
Uploads: 0
Default

I love high-speed connections.
Whole thing downloaded in less than two minutes.

Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:32 PM   #120
von Zelda
Commodore
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 605
Downloads: 169
Uploads: 0
Default Crash to desktop

Installed FotRS UE on a new install of SH4 v1.5 with LAA. Played Sub school tutorials (navigation, artillery, and easy torpedo) without a problem and even a campaign patrol from Corregidor to Puerto Galera, Balavan Bay, Batangas Bay area; then to the Hainan Island in the South China Sea but did not come across enemy vessel to fire a torpedo at.

This morning, I played the Tokyo Express mission 8 or 9 times and had the same problem every time. First of all, only the first Asashio destroyer in line will LOCK even though all the rest are within visual range.

Secondly and most important, fired torpedo at first destroyer multiple times and each time I had Crash to Desktop as the torpedo closed with the destroyer in the event camera. Tried both contact and influence settings and both crashed upon hit.

So, I'm wondering what will happen in the campaign mode when I contact a Japanese merchant or warship? I plan to try a different single mission soon.
von Zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2019 Subsim