Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 02-23-08, 03:06 PM   #16
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

WISH GRANTED:

http://getright.com/

DOWNLOAD MANAGER: AWAY!!!

Everybody gets ONE. Tell 'em, Kratos!
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 03:35 PM   #17
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Yep getright one of the best d/load managers ever,even the new version does torrents and allows uploads etc.

Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 05:45 PM   #18
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

OFF

Get It, Get It, Get It.

And I've only been playing it for about three quarters of an hour
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 09:31 AM   #19
HEMISENT
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 135

Ok, Just DL'd GetRight and installed it. I'll try to get it to work for me. Not too good at getting these kind of things to operate but....

Really want to get OFF so we'll see

Thanks for the link Stealth Hunter!
Old 02-24-08, 11:41 AM   #20
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

If your using firefox d/load the plugin flashgot, then when you click on the d/loads for off it'll direct it to getright,and bobs your uncle

Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 01:04 PM   #21
Oberon
Lucky Jack

I have a question, how do you guys manage ground strafing missions? Such as attacks on train yards and army camps? I've done two so far and both of them have resulted in myself and my Sopwith Pup being spread across the fields of France after being transformed into something resembling a sieve.
Old 03-08-08, 06:53 PM   #22
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15

My favourite flight sim. I love OFF.

Check out the video and features list for Phase 3 over on SimHQ:

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthread...93#Post2453693

The one downside is that they are going to go Payware. I guess I've paid far more for games that I haven't played a tenth as much though so I don't really mind. I really like CFS3 anyway (it's still the only game I've got where I can create a mission flying from the south of England to attack U-boat pens in France!) so I'm happy to pay for this.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 06:57 PM   #23
Egan
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMISENT
I've wanted this for ages but at 500mb no way. My service has a 100mb dl limit. Had to get a friend to mail me GWX 2.0 and that was nowhere near OFF's size. Now if there was a cd/dvd available I'd be more than willing to pay for it.
Go over to the mod forums at Sim outhouse. They have a DVD swap scheme there that you can sign up for:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...isplay.php?f=8

There is a stickied thread on that page. They're a good bunch and very friendly. Somebody there will be only too happy to help you out.
Old 03-09-08, 01:02 AM   #24
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

whoa, this is totally cool! I've gotta get this. So you just buy the microsoft program, then mod over it?
Old 03-09-08, 02:34 AM   #25
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee
whoa, this is totally cool! I've gotta get this. So you just buy the microsoft program, then mod over it?
Old 03-09-08, 03:50 AM   #26
AFRIKAKORPS
Helmsman

Downloads: 9

Well I've never actually tried OFF, but now that I finally have decided to give it a go, It seems can't find my CFS 3 disk.
I must have some bad luck with that game...
Old 03-09-08, 03:52 AM   #27
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
I have a question, how do you guys manage ground strafing missions? Such as attacks on train yards and army camps? I've done two so far and both of them have resulted in myself and my Sopwith Pup being spread across the fields of France after being transformed into something resembling a sieve.
I manage them by staing above 1500ft cos any lower and ground fire starts whacking you.

The game only cares that you go to the way points not if you actually kill the ground targets. Also make sure you have your wingmen with you when you go balloon busting cos the officious REMF's will take your hard earned kills off you if your wingmen don't see it happen!
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 09:03 AM   #28
Egan
Admiral

[quote=TarJak]
Quote:

The game only cares that you go to the way points not if you actually kill the ground targets. Also make sure you have your wingmen with you when you go balloon busting cos the officious REMF's will take your hard earned kills off you if your wingmen don't see it happen!
Lol! You are going to love phase 3 then! You now have to fill in claim forms! The more detail you provide, the more it helps you get a confirmation!
Old 03-09-08, 06:26 PM   #29
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

[quote=Egan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarJak
Quote:

Lol! You are going to love phase 3 then! You now have to fill in claim forms! The more detail you provide, the more it helps you get a confirmation!
I actually edited the text files because I did not get the claim system.

Sure its a nice feature, but I would prefer they would make it optional. Gamers don't like being forced to do something.

Anyway it's a fantastic mod. I got to play a lot with Phase 2 and even though my PC can not run it on very high settings, the feeling of flying over the front is absolutely unbelievable. Looks like with a new PC and Phase 3 will be even greater experience.

Which leads me to the question, has anyone ordered Phase 3 yet? I see they are taking pre-orders, and the mod is going to cost ~ 50 dollars. I'm sure this sounds like a lot of money, but imo it is going to be worth it - there probably won't be any better WWI sim in years. Ok there might be if Knights of the Sky does not turn out to be vaporware, but thats not certain, and Phase3 is practically finished and it is the best WWI sim available - period.

One can only wonder what could have become of CFS3 if Microsoft had supported it ..

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08, 02:32 PM   #30
Egan
Admiral

I've pre-ordered already although it seems to be more of a 'Who is interested' type of deal. You send an e-mail with your name, and address and your age and thats it. When the thing is actually released you will receive an email with information of how to pay for it and receive it. They are talking about it being on 2 dvds this time so I seriously doubt it will be a download affair.

Like I said elsewhere 50$ (£25 or so) is, IMO, steep for a mod but very cheep considering how much i am likely to play it. Don't really begrudge them it at all.

I like the claims system in the current phase but i agree that if what they are saying for the new version is true it should probably be optional. I can see it getting old very fast for some people (possibly including me I must add but I'll have to see.) regardless of how irritating it might turn out to be, though, they get my full respect for doing something that, to my mind, has never been done before. That can only be a good thing.