Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 02-27-11, 05:43 PM   #1
takeda10
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Pseudo newbis ?s

I'm coming back to Steel Fury after not playing for awhile. I've downloaded all the mods that I need and everything seems ok except for two problems. The answers are probably here in the forum and I'm not using the correct words in my searches.

The first one is I'm running SF with Windows 7 and an ATI 5800 with the newest drivers. I have installed the widescreen fix but if I try to run it on anything but 1024X768 all I get is a black and white screen which blurs when the tank moves.

2nd one is much easier. I have the SPM 1.5 mod and beta fix.from what I'm reading I should have the ability to use the newer tanks ie tiger, panther etc.. Do I need to now download scenarios that use them?

Thanks.

Old 02-27-11, 10:30 PM   #2
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Screen Problems

Hi Takeda!

I play Steel Fury on my pc which comes with Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bits and I have an ATI 5670 1 gb with the latest driver the 8.821 and catalyst suite 11.2 just released.Everything works well and I have no wide-screen issue and I play at a 1680 X 1050 res .

I am not familiar with your GPU the ATI 5800? Never heard of it.How old is it , what specs does it have?What kind of specs does your pc have?

RE Beta 1.5 currently there are no new missions amde for the new tanks and apcs that came with it.The modders did not have time to do them.They are only present in the Mission Editor which you can use to make your own user-made missions with those tanks.Hoqwever the modders will release the Alpha version with missions but it may take at least a couple of months before they can do it.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-11, 10:47 PM   #3
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Forum

Takeda AKA Sturmtiger ( read your post on the SimHQ forum which I read but I am not a member of).

There`s mission made for the Panther D by Stone 2009 on the Sukhoi.org.ru forum where the Russian modders who made all the Steel Panzer mods are active.I`ll look for the download link and give it to yoyu.Otherwise Kyth present here, on the SimHQ forum and the Graviteam forum has made 7 missions featuring the Panzer III.

My advice to you is to register and join us on the Graviteam.com Steel Fury English-language forum.This is where Steel Fury and all the tips, mods etc are discussed more actively than here or on the SimHQ one. Join us there!

Cheers
Old 02-27-11, 11:19 PM   #4
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Hey guys this should really help with video card questions
I have a HD 4770 and my next card will be a HD 5870. Check out
and compare, you'll be stunned at the deference in cards and how
the labeling is not a way to judge a cards performance

http://www.hwcompare.com/132/radeon-...adeon-hd-5670/

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-11, 12:00 AM   #5
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeda10 View Post
I have the SPM 1.5 mod and beta fix.from what I'm reading I should have the ability to use the newer tanks ie tiger, panther etc.. Do I need to now download scenarios that use them?

Thanks.
Hi,

SPM 1.5 includes missions for some of the new tanks, such as:
- Tiger 1
- Tiger 2
- T-34/85

And there are other user-made missions floating around out there - the sticky in this forum has a good listing.

Regards,
Kyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-11, 12:08 AM   #6
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Models available

Kyth the T34/85 and Tiger II were already available in Steel Panzer 1.4 though the Tiger_0.97,0.98 and 1.0 mods.The same goes for the Stug III F and G and the SU122 and 152.

The new tanks/spgs which are only available with Beta 1.5 are the Panther ausf.D, the Elefant/Ferdinand, the T34/76 model 1942, the Su85, the Kuebelwagen, the JS2 model 1944, the Panzer I, the Luchs, the T28, the Marder III, the Jagdpanther etc.

Cheers