Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 11-22-10, 06:18 AM   #1
Foxendown
Bosun

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Default T34 vs Tiger-request for help

Hello everyone, I very occasionally post on subsim, but this is the first time here. I'm stuck with T v T-any help would be much appreciated.

I played the stock sim through to the end then tried to use the editor but found it was too hard for me, so I stopped playing the sim. Then Zeewolf's work came along and I tried the free missions. My PC didn't want to know-I had the stock game running well, but my FPS were cut in half by the new content.

I now want to have another go with the editor, but it won't load levels any more and I get CTDs, so I assume I need a fresh install. But how do I do that and keep all 12 missions unlocked? I may have missed the obvious (wouldn't be the first time :-) ), but I can't see a savegame folder. Also does any one know why the option to load a new level in the editor is greyed out?

This is frustrating, it's such a shame that a potentially great sim has no replayability (unless you have the hardware for Z's great mods)

Old 11-22-10, 06:51 PM   #2
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

I'm hoping Zeewolf will come along with a better answer, it is, after all, his cantaloupe. (Pardon the Illinoisan expression)
But I have reason to believe it may happen through the registry!
A buddy of mine pirated the game, after seeing how much I had with an original copy, and his came with a registry file. he double-clicked it, said yes and poof, all the missions were unlocked.

that being said, I'm not sure if it actually works (aside from the legality of the registry modification) and I'm really hoping zee has something to say about it.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-10, 03:22 PM   #3
hodi
Watch

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxendown View Post
...so I assume I need a fresh install. But how do I do that and keep all 12 missions unlocked? ...
use regedit.exe

Look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/G5 Software/T34.

The missions unlock are registry keys, there's USSRCampaign and GerCampaign, stock is 1, if you put 6 it unlocks the whole campaign.

if no campain is played there is no regestry entry - you can do a new one with right mouseclick

Last edited by hodi; 11-23-10 at 03:30 PM. Reason: insert a pic
hodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-10, 04:50 PM   #4
Foxendown
Bosun

Downloads: 79

Thanks very much for your help-much appreciated.

Any thoughts about the greyed out option to start a new level in the Editor? That may be one for Zeewolf. I read somewhere that there was a patch that added a new level button. but I haven't found it yet. I looked for it on tanksim.org.ru but that site seems to have gone.
Foxendown is offline   Reply With Quote