SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-11-11, 03:21 PM   #1
GZ3.141593_Man
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Default Silent Hunter 3 Mediterranean Easter Egg

I play Silent Hunter 3 Mediterranean now. I played SH3 a few months back, in the spring of this year, with no USGME, and using the Milk Cow mod a lot. I would add the mod files by hand by copying the original files and pasting them with the name original in the file. I would do the same thing with the mod files by adding the mod name to the file. I would then keep a list of what files the mod changed. It was at this point that I installed Silent Hunter 3 Mediterranean. When I ran it there was no Silent Hunter 3 Mediterranean start up image , and there was doubles of every single mission.

When I loaded the Black sea mission that starts outside of Poti, I got a surprise there was a type XXIII boat available to play.
http://www.uboat.net/types/xxiii.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_...XIII_submarine

I have had some problems since then, see my post #784, and had to reinstall both Silent Hunter 3 and Silent Hunter 3 Mediterranean. The big thing is now that I have the Intro.tga, and no doubles of single missions, and no type XXIII boat available to play!

I have found an Easter egg in Silent Hunter II by coping the campaign files to the single missions folder. All the campaign files appeared, but there was a extra mission that popped up off the Florida coast.

What happened, and has anyone had the same problem? That little XXIII boat is fun to play!

Another thing is can you do the same thing with SH3 and copy the campaign files to the single missions folder?
I have tried coping the campaign files to the single missions folderwith no success!
GZ3.141593_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 12:15 AM   #2
postalbyke
Chief

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 1

Welcome aboard!
and,
Wow. Just wow.
Especially after I spent all that time trying to hack together a playable XXIII out of an NPC boat from GWX.
Only to find out I had it installed (installable?) with NYGM 3.5
If you're addicted (like I am), I recommend NYGM, then dig through the documentation folder (IIRC) and find the "FUMB37XXIII" folder.
Old 10-13-11, 07:44 AM   #3
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

IIRC the Type XXIII playable appeared in GWX first...not that it matters, that it is available in super mods is the only factor that matters.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easter eggs, sh3 mediterranean, xxiii u-boat