SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-22, 08:26 AM   #1
BuffyOwO
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default SH4 crashing on start with dark waters?

hey! so i wanna play sh4 with the dark waters mod but it crashes of start when its done loading
does anyone know why or could help me?

Good hunting!
BuffyOwO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 08:43 AM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyOwO View Post
hey! so i wanna play sh4 with the dark waters mod but it crashes of start when its done loading
does anyone know why or could help me?

Good hunting!

Ahoy, BuffyOwO...

Ok, how about some basic info, to begin with...

like...

1. Where, do you have your copy of SH4 installed...?

2. What Silent Hunter IV, is it... exactly, as there is like... 2, 3 different versions of it... Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific v1.3/v.4, then there is Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions v1.5, of it.

This is very... VERY important, as Operation Monsun: Dark Waters, calls for v1.5, it will NOT work with v1.3/v1.4 of SH IV.

3. Are you using JSGME, to run the mod mix, with... so... an inclusion of what mods you have activated, would be a very BIG piece of info, to include here... as it could be 1 of them out of place... or the inclusion of a mod, NOT designed to be used with OM: DW's... or a mod that is only meant to be used with v1.3/v1.4 SH IV, & will bollux up things with being ran with OM: DW's.

4. Are you running the set up with either... a 4GB patch, or using Large Address Aware. These are means to have SH IV, be assigned by Window's, to have access to 4 gigs of RAM... & needs that to run properly.

NOT that it will entirely stop all CTD's from occurring... but, will significantly help in reducing the causes for it.

You do, realize that there is a main thread , specifically for the mod set, found here, I trust... :

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...43322&page=104

At any rate... the more info you provide, helps to see of narrowing down what could be causing you issues with your mod mix set up, &... this, of course,.. is just the tip of that iceberg...

M. M.
Old 08-05-22, 05:33 PM   #3
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

I had been having problems with SH4 since Win 11 and slightly before. I couldn't figure it out. And JSGME refuses to work at all and will not accept any mods. Today, after much thinking (thats good for me!) and a decision. I ripped it all out of the desktop. And ran a cleaner to remove anything in registry relating to SH4.

I install SH4 from disc, then loaded the 4.1.4 upgrade. Then I found my maps and loaded the colour FJB map by hand installing each piece separately into the relevant folders, then di the same with the torpedoes mod that makes them 25% more powerful. Then I loaded in the CSL deck gun optics.

Rebooted to make sure everything was loaded and began a new career. Brilliant, everything is as it should be, even the office scenario is perfect, gone is the two tone cursor driven desk sub colours and other anomolies. Set sail from Manila to meet the invasion fleet and got three Mogami's and 4 or 5 troop carriers!! Oh a life on the ocean wave!

Back to sea with a grin on my face ...................................
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk

Last edited by Red Devil; 08-05-22 at 05:54 PM.
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 05:49 PM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Buffy0w0!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 05:53 PM   #5
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar Re: Welcome aboard...

Buffy0w0!

Welcome aboard...
Old 08-06-22, 02:13 AM   #6
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 95

You are going to love OM darkwaters V6 in the Atlantic if you get JSGME going. I haven't tried the med version or the pacific version yet. Always use a clean install of SH4 1.5 in a different folder than the C: program files, always install the LAA patch for 1.5, JSGME and last but not least MULTI SH4 for 1.5 so you're not mixing different mod saves together. Mad Martigan made me a special mod version for OM Darkwaters to prevent orders going to the pacific. I use separate folder installs with a pristine install of 1.5 for every mod, rather than rely on switching JSGME mods.
1Patriotofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 07:50 AM   #7
Red Devil
The Old Man

1Pat, I have removed jsgme totally its not worth messing about with, it does not work on my Win 11 pc. Also the jsgme is empty when loaded, nothing in MODS, I manually add the mods to the MOD folder, jsgme cant see them.

The few mods I have have been manually inserted and I have a 100% good response. I have res at monitor max 1920 x 1080 and the visuals are immense on my 4K 28 inch monitor.

image USS Perch out of Java
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ussperch.jpg (82.2 KB, 3 views)
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 08-06-22, 08:16 AM   #8
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
1Pat, I have removed jsgme totally its not worth messing about with, it does not work on my Win 11 pc. Also the jsgme is empty when loaded, nothing in MODS, I manually add the mods to the MOD folder, jsgme cant see them.

The few mods I have have been manually inserted and I have a 100% good response. I have res at monitor max 1920 x 1080 and the visuals are immense on my 4K 28 inch monitor.

image USS Perch out of Java
You need JSGME in the same folder as the game you are playing. You want the mods you want to install in the mods folder. Without the mods in the mods folder They won't show up in JSGME.
Let me know if thats confusing and I'll try to clarify.
Old 08-06-22, 08:40 AM   #9
Red Devil
The Old Man

Understood. I think jsmge was in the same folder as the game but NOT in the game. Strange because I never had probs before 11. OK I'll have another look. By the way I seem to have two versions of jsgme saved, the more modern os I think 2.6.0. Should I use the original?
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 08-06-22, 09:15 AM   #10
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Understood. I think jsmge was in the same folder as the game but NOT in the game. Strange because I never had probs before 11. OK I'll have another look. By the way I seem to have two versions of jsgme saved, the more modern os I think 2.6.0. Should I use the original?
use the later version, 2.6.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 09:51 AM   #11
Red Devil
The Old Man

Thanks Kal & 1Pat. Update: I installed 2.6.0 into SH4 main folder. Searched and found all SH4 mods in my pc, whether I use them or not. I opened each zip separately and slid them into the JSGME left hand box as per image. I have not loaded any yet as I wanted you to see first. So far so good. Never got this far before in win 11. Redid image it wasn't fully open. Sorry for hijacking thread. if mod could move them to a JSGME thread, or something?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modssh4.jpg (73.2 KB, 7 views)
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk

Last edited by Red Devil; 08-06-22 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-09-22, 09:34 AM   #12
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Old 08-09-22, 05:27 PM   #13
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Thanks Kal & 1Pat. Update: I installed 2.6.0 into SH4 main folder. Searched and found all SH4 mods in my pc, whether I use them or not. I opened each zip separately and slid them into the JSGME left hand box as per image. I have not loaded any yet as I wanted you to see first. So far so good. Never got this far before in win 11. Redid image it wasn't fully open. Sorry for hijacking thread. if mod could move them to a JSGME thread, or something?
so, you're cool with both SH4 and JSGME working fine? ( it seems as if JSGME is working, based on your screen shot.)

if your only question/issue is that your post needs to be moved to a different forum, do not give it another thought.

LAA enabled
Old 08-10-22, 07:21 AM   #14
Red Devil
The Old Man

MY heartfelt thanks. MY memory is naff nowadays, so sometimes I need help with a seemingly tiny problem. I have loaded some mods - my fav is the smoke mod, this is how ships were really spotted in days before radar, they gave off some great tell tale plumes.

>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 08-10-22, 11:52 AM   #15
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
MY heartfelt thanks. MY memory is naff nowadays, so sometimes I need help with a seemingly tiny problem. I have loaded some mods - my fav is the smoke mod, this is how ships were really spotted in days before radar, they gave off some great tell tale plumes.

ok, glad it worked out for you.
now, say something nice about the bloody Yanks.

LAA enabled