SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-19-21, 01:27 AM   #1
RudisDolphins
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Test Run Crashing Back to Steam

Ahoy all fellow designers!

I just added an Russian AGI spy ship to my AI opponents side (Side 1) and selected "Random Box" as the tactic and filled in all the other necessary fields in its two screens.

However, when I did a Test Run on the mission, the Briefing Screen was displayed, pressed "OK", and it tried to load. However, DW crashed and returned to the Steam entryway instead. Tried various tweaks such as changing the Tactic to "Barrier", going into Setup and adding Side Alliances of a Blue Force to include the SSN and a Red Force to include the AGI and changing the Rules of Engagement from "Peace Time" to "War Time", and increasing Inclusion to 100%.

This is my third scenario mission that I have started, but the first using the RA mod. The other two I completed years ago prior to Windows 8 or 10 without any problems - they were much more complex than what I am trying now.

Would appreciate any thoughts, advice, or suggestions.

RudisDolphins
RudisDolphins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 04:12 PM   #2
RudisDolphins
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default My Random Box Solution

Ahoy, all!

After numerous tweaks and changes, still could NOT get the random box to work with RA mod. Sadly, had to copy my mission in progress to temp folder; then shredded DW folder entirely. Reinstalled vanilla DW and my mission in progress. Random box now working as advertised.

Therefore, I have decided that RA does NOT support the random box function (don't know why). Not sure about the other box functions as haven't tried them.

If anyone has had success with the RA mod and using a random box in their designed missions, please let me know as to what worked.

RudisDolphins
RudisDolphins is offline   Reply With Quote