SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Subsim International > Subsim.com 日本語専用フォーラム
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-03-06, 07:07 AM   #1
Yattky
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 248
Uploads: 0
Default Chinese forum was closed, and then is ours quite safe?

I hope you'll put more posts here!
Old 12-03-06, 10:49 PM   #2
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Chinese forum still exists, it is just turned off, no one posted there for 6 months, Japanese forum is safe, there are still people posting here. We need more Japanese members, though.

Wanted: more Japanese subsim guys!
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06, 07:25 AM   #3
Yattky
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Chinese forum still exists, it is just turned off, no one posted there for 6 months, Japanese forum is safe, there are still people posting here. We need more Japanese members, though.

Thanks for your reply, Neal.
Sometimes I find some Japanese guys in other forums.
But they seem to want to post their messages ONLY in English, not in Japanese.
I know there are a lot of readers here and really hope they will join us someday...
Well I want to say what you did again:

WE NEED MORE JAPANESE GUYS!!
Old 12-21-06, 04:47 AM   #4
Kouzuki
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

久々にログインしてみたら、中国語用のフォーラムが消えていますね^^;
Yattkyさんに続いて(?)

WE NEED MORE JAPANESE GUYS!!
Kouzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 05:48 PM   #5
desertisland
Gunner

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens

How does one turn it back on? I know some Chinese and might be able to susain it for a while until more join in.
desertisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-07, 05:20 AM   #6
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41

Hey Neal, how about a German forum? There's alot of German subsimmers about already on these forums, but many who can't speak english properly don't register here, which creates a division, especially in the modding communities.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 02:38 PM   #7
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

It's strange Germans are always assumed to speak English, though in reality for at least half the population it's a real trauma.

I found myself hardly ever posting in the german forums, because I am not going to restrict myself with talking to 5% of the community. But Boris is right, there is some interesting stuff going on there, and we usually miss it. There are some guys walking between the lines and translating interesting developments into the german forums, so they know what's going on, but do we?

Btw, I wonder why there are hardly any French skippers .. would like to brush up my French as well ..

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 08:29 AM   #8
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41

I think it's because the French love their language and keep within their own communities.
I'm going to make a post suggesting a German lanquage section in the 'Comments to Subsim review setion'
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-07, 07:58 AM   #9
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

There is a lot of french people here reading posts on Subsim but they have nothing to say and a lot are bored about french bashing /(jokes) posts since 2003 so they left US forums.
Old 02-27-07, 07:09 PM   #10
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Yep, everyone who thinks he is clever comes up with French jokes. I think it is a clear sign of ignorance and pathetic lack of wit on the one who tells them. I've been to France several times and I've always found the French to be wonderful people. Americans who say they met rude French should look in the mirror first to see why they were perhaps rude.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=98480&page=2&highlight=french

We would like to have more French in our community.
I would, certainly.
Old 03-03-07, 02:52 AM   #11
desertisland
Gunner

Those who say rude things about the French are only demostrating thier ignorance. Google "French military victory" and you will find that they had been bathed in military glory way before the birth of US. And they have evolved out of glory-hungry "patriotism" long ago. In more than one way, the Americans have a lot to learn from older civilizations.
Old 03-18-07, 01:40 AM   #12
Aimbot
Medic

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertisland
Those who say rude things about the French are only demostrating thier ignorance. Google "French military victory" and you will find that they had been bathed in military glory way before the birth of US. And they have evolved out of glory-hungry "patriotism" long ago. In more than one way, the Americans have a lot to learn from older civilizations.
See, that's the thing, it all happened a REALLY LONG TIME AGO. Americans have a short memory. If you want to go that rout, though, France demonstrates a short memory when they call us "War Mongers." There's no reason for the American to treat France any differently. In all reality the American has a reason to be pissed at France. France (and England, to a lesser extent) were largely responsible for the putative nature of The Treaty of Versailles, which my man Woodrow Wilson predicted would start World War 2. The whole Vietnam conflict might have been avoided if France would have not treated the inhabitants so poorly. And then of course there's the fact that France hasn't treated Americans well the last century. Even American soldiers fighting to liberate France said the people were unwelcoming, hostile and rude. I do think it is unfortunate that France is ridiculed for falling so quickly to Germany in World War 2, though, as they were doomed from the beginning. France fought an undivided Germany almost unaided and before it was able to mount the defenses it had planned. England would have fallen just as easily were it not for the all important Channel.

I can't bad mouth France, largely because America exists in no small part due to the aid of France in the Revolution and the teachings of Voltaire, but I understand why others do. It's not the loss to Germany, it's the general French (or, more accurately, Parisian) attitude of superiority and ethnocentrism.

On the original subject, I agree, Chotto...

Watashi wa nihonjin iranai.

(Excuse any mistakes, I'm barely through my first year of study, and I can't get my conversion software to put out kanji and hiragana)
Aimbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-07, 03:15 AM   #13
zaza
Torpedoman

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimbot

(Excuse any mistakes, I'm barely through my first year of study, and I can't get my conversion software to put out kanji and hiragana)
Hello Aimbot !

Oh nooo,,,, Watashi wa nionjin iranai, mean...
"I am not need any Japanese on here....." But it's ok !
I can understand What you want real men to

You want say " I cant speak Japanese "or something like that?
If you have any problem in Japanese, please post here, them
Yattky or I will answer freely.
Old 03-18-07, 03:45 AM   #14
Aimbot
Medic

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaza
Hello Aimbot !

Oh nooo,,,, Watashi wa nionjin iranai, mean...
"I am not need any Japanese on here....." But it's ok !
I can understand What you want real men to

You want say " I cant speak Japanese "or something like that?
If you have any problem in Japanese, please post here, them
Yattky or I will answer freely.
Oh lord, Sensee will love this story...
I was trying to say I wasn't japanese. Could you help me out? Obviously if I didn't enjoy Japanese culture and history I wouldn't be studying such a frusterating language. It's fascinating, but oh god is it difficult. I picked Latin up much faster.

Last edited by Aimbot; 03-18-07 at 04:02 AM.
Aimbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 09:49 PM   #15
desertisland
Gunner

Quote:
See, that's the thing, it all happened a REALLY LONG TIME AGO. Americans have a short memory. If you want to go that rout, though, France demonstrates a short memory when they call us "War Mongers." There's no reason for the American to treat France any differently.
It means one is no better than the other. Sure, they can bicker on with each other like hell, but I'm not convinced either is better.

Quote:
In all reality the American has a reason to be pissed at France. France (and England, to a lesser extent) were largely responsible for the putative nature of The Treaty of Versailles, which my man Woodrow Wilson predicted would start World War 2. The whole Vietnam conflict might have been avoided if France would have not treated the inhabitants so poorly. And then of course there's the fact that France hasn't treated Americans well the last century. Even American soldiers fighting to liberate France said the people were unwelcoming, hostile and rude. I do think it is unfortunate that France is ridiculed for falling so quickly to Germany in World War 2, though, as they were doomed from the beginning. France fought an undivided Germany almost unaided and before it was able to mount the defenses it had planned. England would have fallen just as easily were it not for the all important Channel.

I can't bad mouth France, largely because America exists in no small part due to the aid of France in the Revolution and the teachings of Voltaire, but I understand why others do. It's not the loss to Germany, it's the general French (or, more accurately, Parisian) attitude of superiority and ethnocentrism.

Thanks for demonstrating my point. :P

Americans hate the French because it's like looking into a mirror and they don't like what they see.