Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-16-22, 04:30 PM   #31
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I had the right of way both times...!

You may want to consider watching just the first half, it then gets a bit - monotonous. Or not. Feel free. The wetaher on the trip there was better than on the way home.

The film 4 I am about to post in the near future, is better again. I post these trips back home for the sake of completeness.
Old 05-16-22, 04:34 PM   #32
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

@11:27 you almost run over a squirrel!

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 04:37 PM   #33
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I had the right of way both times...!

You may want to consider watching just the first half, it then gets a bit - monotonous. Or not. Feel free. The wetaher on the trip there was better than on the way home.

The film 4 I am about to post in the near future, is better again. I post these trips back home for the sake of completeness.
Women drivers are a well known hazard to many of us.

Old 05-16-22, 05:40 PM   #34
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

30 minutes into it and I’m taking a break until tomorrow. Beautiful trails and countryside.

Old 05-17-22, 06:01 AM   #35
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Crickey you almost crash into a pretty blonde and get run over by a red car, all within the first minute of recording. One hour and twenty five minutes too go! Can’t wait

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 08:08 AM   #36
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
@11:27 you almost run over a squirrel!
Sharp eyes!
Old 05-18-22, 07:13 AM   #37
Skybird
Soaring

And here now the missing trip home from tour Fahrtenbuch 3. It was golden weather and the film looks nice, is a beauitiful trail. It was October and afternoon and I had to drive against the low sun, I could not help it, still, the film looks nice.

Around the 10th minute you may notice that there is a cut, and the film misses around 150m. That is because the couple you see there told me they had just been fined for having driven their biycycles, 50m ahead and behind the turn there was a police control. When I passed it later, they had four or five bikers pulled out already, man, i was so lucky. I had to get rid of the camera on the bicylce frame, as told before its illegal in Germany to film this way, and if I would have run into them with the camera on the bike, it would have meant trouble and loss of hardware. I was saved by just a few seconds! That the films on youtube are not publicly available, but are hidden, does not make a difference. - You miss just 150m.

Those who might be interested: enjoy. It was a nice trail and on a perfect day.

NO SOUND. Play your own music.

With these two videos, the tours done in last autumn are now complete.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-18-22 at 08:07 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 05:46 PM   #38
Skybird
Soaring

Nothing special, a ~35km tour to Greven to a supermarket there, I sometimes buy there only to have a destination for a not too long bicycle tour. Greven is a small town 12km north of Münster and my position, and since I live on the north-north-eastern outskirts of Münster, I am getting there without needing to pass through Münster, can drive all in the green countryside.

Parts of the way there is through the Rieselfelder which is a big natural reserve and EU protected habitat for birds and waterfowl, also Heck cattle and a few goats and more sheep live there, grazing largely free and keeping the grass and bushes short.

Originally this video was shot for my mother who knows the place and supermarket, but did not know the route back home as I described it, she only knew other routes.

The baker in that supermarket, when one day I bought a nougat croissant there and said I came from Münster and only to buy a nougat croissant, answered he now feels as if he were living in the Outback.

THIS FOLLOWING VIDEO IS NOT BY ME. Just to illustrate the Rieselfelder. In good weather its a beautiful place withg many birds, in bad weather it can be a catalyst for depressionsand suicidal thoughts because then the mood is - well, it reminds me of Greek mythology. Hades and the underworld, misty, grey, darkness and all that... Fair weather or the autumn sun is much better there.

Years ago, many years now, I had my inline skater parcours there, three laps with 9 km each, plus 12 km getting there and back. Today that would not be a good idea anymore, since the tarmac was fresh back then and smooth and even as ice, today much of it has turned over the years in a mogul slope and driving there on itsy titsy tiny miniwheels is a terrible idea producing terrible results...

Last edited by Skybird; 06-05-22 at 05:57 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 08:02 PM   #39
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Great how far is this from "City core"?👍

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 08:56 AM   #40
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Great how far is this from "City core"?👍

Old 10-24-22, 12:53 PM   #41
Skybird
Soaring

I invite you to another ride through Münster's southeast. It's not a sightseeing trip to tourist attractions, but simply a drive through small forests and over harvested fields, through suburban districts and part of Münster's industrial areas. In keeping with the autumn weather, sometimes it is sunny and colorful, sometimes the sky is rather grayish and the world seems cool. Let's go for a ride! It's off to the Werse again, but this time much further south than before, to Angelmodde, then toward Osttor on the canal, and back along the party mile at the city center harbor. Relax. Enjoy. Dream to be there and doing the ride yourself.

Old 10-24-22, 02:26 PM   #42
Shady Bill
Silent but not deadly

Downloads: 16

I bought an Oculus Quest 2 last year. Wanted to see what that was all about. One year later, I have one thing installed on it; Wanderer. It is pretty much Google Earth VR. You can do things as shown in your video.

You can even join locals or other weirdos on "hikes". Where someone will tell you about the sights. I avoid this kind of thing but enjoy seeing all the different places.
Shady Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-22, 02:29 PM   #43
Shady Bill
Silent but not deadly

Sorry I was watching your videos, not reading...this is you riding? In reality?

Even more impressive
Old 10-24-22, 02:54 PM   #44
Skybird
Soaring

All videos in this thread are by me, except the one on the Rieselfelder where I say it is not by me.

One tip for VR. I now have a G2, but had the Oculus Rift from late 2017 until one yera ago. Get Virtual Desktop (very useful anyway), and in it a mod named Highmaxx Cinema, and here the so-called "Dark Theme". That means the audience hall and seat rows are a bit darker whrn the moviescreen lights up. Then run your PC desktop on the big movie screen, start any film you want to see, and watch it
"in cinema". This is the best way I have so far found to watch movies, though I do not know how the resolution of the Quest 2 is, but in the G2 I not rarely watch my movies this way, its great, and the screen is the biggest and really giant, the biggest I know in VR. I mimic a cinema at Sidney Harbour that they have destroyed meanwhile.

There are many other movie themes available for Virtual Desktop. Ofdten the yhave more detialed audience halls, but the screen always are smaller.

I have watched many movie DVD this way. it works wonders. My films also look nice.

VR also is fantastic for racing simulations. It does not get any more ideal, than here. Certain 2D titles also benefit from playing them on the big movie screen. Works fantastic with Wreckfest, for exmaple.

Next tip: in Viortual desktop, you can use it for watchign 360° videos. You find them at youtube, and mostly people shoot these kind of videos tpo do city sightseeing. I have sat on sightseeing touriost busses in the upper, open deck, and did full reglar tours in London, Paris, new York, and the likes. Its fantastic (with the resolution of the G2). Try it! I have one guy in berlin who shoots his videos with a helmet camera, 360° - while riding a bike. Its as if you siot ont je bicycle, looking left and right. This is what VR is made for, one of those "ideal" purposes that are not possible to do without VR.

Unfortunately ion the Quest 2 I think you cannot run Google arth VR and Streetview VR, whcih I also use extremely often. Check it to be sure. Its a must have. Its what VR was made fore.

Due to the idiotic legal situation in germany I must hide my videos shot from bike a bit and do not run them under a public profile at youtube. Germany is retarded in more than just one thing, I tell you. Shooting such videos or posting them at youtube in principle always is criminal in Germany, by a number of laws. No, not just a misdemeanor if you think that - but a felony.

Die Deutschen spinnen total.

Check Google Streetview, Europe. And then look at what you see in in for Germany. Just 20 cities, the rest is a white map.Germany regulated Google to death until Google said they do not care for Germany anymore, they are out.
Old 10-24-22, 06:37 PM   #45
Shady Bill
Silent but not deadly

Thank you for those VR tips. "The goggles" as I refer to the oculus Q2 are pretty nice, but they feel much like a toy, not a real tool, to me. The resolution is decent enough to enjoy doing some things but I wouldn't call it "life-like".

It is not good enough to read books on for example.

It has a chess game where you can sit in front of a board and play other people in virtual space. I considered buying it but I find the thought of playing chess with human avatars terrifying.

Have you tried the chess VR? is it fun?

Thank you for those videos. They are beautiful routes you took.