Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-21, 11:22 AM   #1
Compans57
Officer

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0
Default Campaign transfer woes with TWOs

I've played through every campaign so far without this problem. I completed Arctic Convoys and transfer failed to initialize. I have followed the steps in TWOs documentation, rewriting the relevant files. I just want to know if this sounds right for the new game before I spend a lengthy mission moving from Bergen to Brest:

In the bunker I checked with the officer. It's now October 1942 and I'm still at Bergen and campaign map is still Arctic convoys. I'm hoping to transfer to Turning Point. There is one check mark on the map, which says something about transfer. It says that it'll happen in August, though it is now October. There is no 'accept mission' however, so when I exit this and say 'let's begin the patrol' he asks me if I wish to do this without a mission.

I'm hoping Brest will become my home base at some point in the mission but I'm checking I've done everything right.

Edit: After leaving port I exited to Menu, reloaded the game and after a couple of minutes got the completed campaign screen. I started Turning Point but after loading, I get a black screen with 'camera out of bounds'. I tried using 'T' button to jump to stations but nothing.

Thanks!

Last edited by Compans57; 03-22-21 at 11:42 PM.
Compans57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 01:28 PM   #2
Compans57
Officer

OK sorted it out. I was editing the wrong folder.
Old 04-14-21, 11:31 AM   #3
Easy_Eight65
Swab Jockey

Downloads: 323

I've got the same issue -- got a message from BdU saying campaign / flotilla transfer failed to initialize and I should end patrol to consult TWoS documentation.

What documentation? Where can I find it? I'm using the 2.24 version of TWoS -- was kinda hoping the bugs in this mod would be worked out by now -- ugh.

Anyway, I'm pretty stuck in 2nd Flot / Coastal Waters campaign July 1940 with no available mission orders -- HELP!

"You may fire when ready, Gridley." --Commodore George Dewey
Easy_Eight65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 11:03 PM   #4
Compans57
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy_Eight65 View Post
I've got the same issue -- got a message from BdU saying campaign / flotilla transfer failed to initialize and I should end patrol to consult TWoS documentation.

What documentation? Where can I find it? I'm using the 2.24 version of TWoS -- was kinda hoping the bugs in this mod would be worked out by now -- ugh.

Anyway, I'm pretty stuck in 2nd Flot / Coastal Waters campaign July 1940 with no available mission orders -- HELP!
The documentation is called TWOS alternative campaign progression and is in the TWOS folder in your SH5 main folder. Make sure you edit the correct files. It worked like a charm once I did it right. Also make sure you pass the date specified by BDU.
Old 04-15-21, 09:11 AM   #5
Easy_Eight65
Swab Jockey

I'll give it a shot -- thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compans57 View Post
The documentation is called TWOS alternative campaign progression and is in the TWOS folder in your SH5 main folder. Make sure you edit the correct files. It worked like a charm once I did it right. Also make sure you pass the date specified by BDU.

Old 04-15-21, 10:07 AM   #6
Compans57
Officer

Best of luck. I'd recommend you keep a note of the exact time and date of your save games. Also view save files as 'most recent'.
Old 04-16-21, 12:17 AM   #7
Easy_Eight65
Swab Jockey

Got it working -- all rank, medals, tonnage and crew abilities saved with campaign transfer! Thanks again!

Quote:

Old 04-16-21, 08:01 AM   #8
Compans57
Officer

No problem. Glad you’re up and running.
Old 04-16-21, 07:38 PM   #9
snak3gam3r!
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Quote:
OK sorted it out. I was editing the wrong folder.
It happens mty friend. I suffered exactly the same issue a couple of months ago...and let's say it was embarassing for me LOL.
snak3gam3r! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 08:29 PM   #10
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by snak3gam3r! View Post
It happens mty friend. I suffered exactly the same issue a couple of months ago...and let's say it was embarassing for me LOL.
i think we all been there a time or two then in my case i feel like a idiot when i do it sometimes beer and subs dont mix well
Old 04-17-21, 12:28 AM   #11
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77

Anyone had the transfer problem in March of 41? I bring it up because it seems to happen half way through the "Western Approaches" campaign. I'm trying to figure out if I need to put my current base/flotilla in or what the instructions tell me....which is not my current base/flotilla.

Edit: Seems I was mistaken.....Happy Times goes until March 41...... Transfer hack worked.

Last edited by finchOU; 04-17-21 at 03:24 AM.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote